District 9AAA - Spring Football

Portland has nowhere to go but up. I think the addition of Coach Aric will help tremendously. He knows a lot about Sumner County football and he is a great position coach. They have made other positive additions to the coaching staff as well. They have got to get at least two wins from the Greenwood, White House, and Greenbrier games. From there I think they could sneak up on a few region foes like Lebanon, Wilson Central, or one of the big four schools of MJ, GHS, HHS, and BHS. 4 wins would be a huge pipe dream, but crazier things have happened. Realistically I think 2 or 3 wins is all they get unless they pull a few rabbits outta their hat. 2 or 3 however is better than 0.

Sumner County football is some of the best in the state and I hope we bring a few more gold balls back home. Good luck to all Sumner County teams this year.

Anybody know whats going on in Wilson County? I hear Lebanon is going to get their new High School.

One of the top growing counties in TN. They are due one and that is for sure. Now that I live in Sumner County let them build all these new schools in Wilson County. I hope Gallatin don't ask for one. I would like to keep what little money I make. Gallatin is too busy still trying to make the square look beautiful. Are they ever going to finish? I guess since the square is on TV now they have to keep on.

I haven't heard of anyone leaving the team. This week is the second week of dead period, so I wouldnt think anyone would have quit this week or even be able to tell the coaches since there is no contact between the two parties. It would surprise me to see a few drop off throughout the summer, there are quite a few on the team right now, just weeding out so to speak.