Single A State Tournament

CommanderMan

Looking at the info on Coacht.

Since this is the single A tournament it would seem that is the most important game info would be single A games.

Friendship Christian does not seem to have lost to a single A team.

Dist Tour 3 – 0 scoring 33 and giving up 3

Region and Sectional 3 – 0 scoring 27 and giving up 1

Nashville Christian seems to have lost 6 single A games.

Dist Tour ??? 4 -1 not sure what is going on in coacht for that

Region and Sectional 2 – 1 scoring 9 and giving up 10.

Boyd-Buchanan In all single A games they had 16 wins in coacht and I know that does not include 2 wins against Grace.

They have not lost to a single A team. They have outscored single A opponents 163 to 24. (not counting the 2 missing Grace games)

Reg Season games 10 – 0 scoring 105 runs and giving up 8

DIST Tour. 3 – 0 scoring 27 giving up 0.

Region and Sectional 3 – 0 scoring 31 and giving up 16 (The pitchers struggled in two of these games giving up about 9 walks and hit batters and most scored)

Eagleville has lost 4 single A and played close Region and sectional games.

Hancock has little information on coacht.

Adamsville shows a losing record on Coacht. They did thump Douglass… that is the only game on coacht for Douglass.

Decatur Co. Riverside looks to have lost only 2 single A games.

Dist 3 – 0 scoring 28 and giving up 7

Region and sectional 3 – 0 scoring 41 and giving up 4 (30 – 0 in a game against Westwood… Westwoods only game in coacht )

Harriman seems to have lost 5 single A games and played close through all district and region/sectional games.

So… of the known:

Frindship Christian and Boyd-Buchanan have yet to lose a single A game.

Decatur Co. Riverside has only lost 2 single A games.

Eagleville has lost 4 single A games

Harriman has only lost 5 single A games.

Nashville Christian has only lost 6 single A games.

There is not enough information to know about Adamsville and Hancock. So, one of them may be the “dark horse” that wins it all.

I think the final 4 will be Friendship Christian, Decatur Co. Riverside, Eagleville and Boyd-Buchanan.

I am guessing Friendship Christian and Boyd-Buchanan playing on Friday this is all based on past history, but... as has been said... any given day any given team... and there is a reason why they play the game.

However they got here... everyone got here and it is all about what you do going forward.

When you drop down from AA to A and have 9 good starting seniors then it would just about be embarrassing to lose to a A team that usually carry about 4 or5 seniors, and not all of them are starters. So I don't think that anyone is surprised that Boyd made it to State. Good Luck!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to hand it to NCS.. Going to Summertown and taking one from their ace is really impressive (FCS didn't see anywhere near their ace, ergo the 12-2 score), but they shouldn't even be in the Spring Fling. When Cascade came to town they had to pay the umps to get out of their with a W and the Hartley kid was hardly impressive. I'm guessing that wasn't his best stuff though, seeing what he did to Summertown. Just my two cents.

When you drop down from AA to A and have 9 good starting seniors then it would just about be embarrassing to lose to a A team that usually carry about 4 or5 seniors, and not all of them are starters. So I don't think that anyone is surprised that Boyd made it to State. Good Luck!

Let's remember Boyd-Buchanan is now back as a single A team. They have never been anything but a single A team. No change in enrollment, but a TSSAA knee jerk reaction to some coaches who could not win in football pushed a school with just over 300 enrollment up to 2A in all sports. When they had a chance to really look at how unfair it was they changed it. These guys might have been here last year if the classification had been correct all along.

Oh and BBS starts one Junior... but still lots of shoes to fill for next year.

Who did Riverside pitch? Friendship just did get by NCS, guess Hartly held them pretty well..

It took Boyd 8 innings to to beat Adamsville after the pitcher walked bases ful. and then walked in the winning run.

Eagleville had a fairly easy time winning 9/3 against Hancock. Ealglevillch pitched their number 2 and he tied a State Tournament record of 16 K's.

Who did Riverside pitch? Friendship just did get by NCS, guess Hartly held them pretty well..

It took Boyd 8 innings to to beat Adamsville after the pitcher walked bases ful. and then walked in the winning run.

Eagleville had a fairly easy time winning 9/3 against Hancock. Ealglevillch pitched their number 2 and he tied a State Tournament record of 16 K's.

Riverside pitched Fisher and Keen.

Riverside pitched Fisher and Keen.

That's what I'd have done as well, saving Gant for a big second round matchup. Well on to round 2.

:roflol:

Why would you save your ace for game 2? Yeah he may get you a big win in game two, but he would only have 1 days rest going into the championship game. So either you have to trust your #2 in the championship game or you pitch your #1 at nowhere near full strength. I think the best thing to do is pitch your ace in game 1 (hopefully you can get a big lead and pull him early) and the championship game.

Boyd got a great win last night, even though it ended with 4 walks it was a good win. The guys didnt play amazing but it was good enough to get the win. People said they would have a struggle today, but from what I have heard the game is getting out of hand right now. It is 7-1 boyd in the bottom of the 6th and Andrew Crowe is pitching amazing from what I have heard and they are just really clicking today unlike yesterday. Bucs are having a great game and I expect to see them and Friendship in the semis and to make it a GREAT GAME! ( I am a BUCS fan but have many friends from Friendship that I go to school with at Tech, so it is kinda about bragging right s at school :thumb:, too bad I wont be able to make it to the game because of work dry.gif