Early Predictions for Next Year?

OldSoccerFan

Perhaps it's too early, but:

AAA next year it should be wide open. Perhaps some early favorites from the east would be Maryville, Bearden, and of course Farragut. Not sure about middle or west TN although I have been told that both Lavergne and Riverdale have a lot of returning starters. Would need confirmation about those teams. Brentwood and Hendersonville are always strong. I think Ravenwood also has several good returning players. Don't know much about the west.

In AA/A, CCS and CAK both have a lot of tremendous returning players, so they should both be very strong. I think Alcoa could be in the same boat. Not sure about Boyd. I think they were loaded with seniors. Don't know much about middle or west TN.

On the private side, I think McCallie will be strong again next year. I am pretty sure that two of their best players were underclassmen. Perhaps next year they will win it all.

Any other thoughts from the rest of the state?

In A/AA CAK and CCS should be the favorites. They both return a lot of firepower. I look for Alcoa to be pretty strong again as well. Boyd will lose I believe 7 starters, possibly 8. We have a few very good underclassmen that saw a lot of minutes. Really hard to say right now, cause there will be a lot of new faces on the field, but we will soak in the state title this year, and worry about that later. :thumb:

both Lavergne and Riverdale have a lot of returning starters. Would need confirmation about those teams.

Lavergne loses two key senior 1st Team 7AAA All-District performers: MF Ali Guerra and D Aaron Gray. Returning players include: 1st Team All-District Lester Vargas (Jr) and Robert Cope (Jr) and 2nd Team All-District Chad Flynn (Jr), Jacob Learned (Jr) and Daniel Seanez (Jr).

Riverdale loses two key senior 1st Team 7AAA All-District performers: GK Grayson Powell and MF David Pleitez. Also graduating was starting defender Brandon Roe. Returning players include: 1st Team All-District Jordan Higgs (Jr) and Alex Pope (Soph), as well as 2nd Team All-District Denny Anerin (Jr), JohnDavid Anthony (Soph), Josh Arman (Soph) and Seth Guiler (Soph). RHS started 7 underclassmen (5 sophs and 2 frosh).

Hendersonville will be strong again. They have a great cast of upcoming seniors that heavily contributed to the teams 2010 state title. Bryce Childers was a pivotal part of this team, he is a phenomenal athlete and looks to have a great senior season. Tournament MVP, Zach Gutzman will return as the goalie. They also return key players in, Whit Gray, Maurice Marx, Clayton Crawly, Drew Baird, Brock Dodd, Franklin Taylor, and rising junior Ryan Odum. This team will be reloaded and ready to be a state contender next season!

In A/AA I think everyone is correct in looking at CCS and CAK. Ben Holt for CAK is a great player and if he is healthy, he will have a big year. Alcoa will be strong again (I do favor them for some reason.. :thumb: ). Due to injuries to key upperclassman, lots of Alcoa Freshman and Sophomores gained a great deal of experience this past season. We do have to replace Derrick Brodus and that is big, but I have faith someone or a group of someones will step up. A team no one may mention is Greenville. We don't seem to hear much about Upper East Tennessee on here, but I was very impressed with them. This will be the second year for their coach, which will be a bonus for the boys returning in knowing his system. I was very impressed when we played them at how well prepared and coached they were. I have no idea about what they have coming back, but good coaching is a key ingredient to success.

:thumb:

Brentwood should be back in the saddle. They had a great team this year that fell a little short. They will lose Nick Desalvatore who was limited this year due to injury but I saw many underclassmen contributing this year and would expect a renewed team ready to go at it next year.

Warren County could be a sleeper team next year--they return pretty much everyone, and they will have a huge senior class.

It will be interesting to see how we (Cookeville) perform next year. We should be able to score a lot of goals, as our two leading scorers return, but we are going to be pretty young. We also have to replace 9 seniors, including probably the best player ever to come through the program in Stephen Sherfy. How well we defend will probably determine how far we can go. Should be another fun year, though!

7AAA will be more or less the same next year. Expect Riverdale, LaVergne, and Siegel to be the top again. Riverdale and LaVergne will lose strength in the midfield and Siegel will lose their keeper. However, they all have many returning players that will fill in easily. Oakland, Blackman, and Smyrna should have a harder time finding success in the district.

District 9 A-AA will be a great district again. CPA and MLK made the state tourney in A-AA and basically return their entire team, each losing one key player. Hume-Fogg pretty much was all underclassmen. Not sure about Lipscomb. Should be a heck of a battle to see which 2 of the 4 makes it out to regions. We are actually considering making the District semi-final a home and home aggregate.

In District 10, which has more teams than I can count I think that White House will be strong. They were a young team and played a very challenging schedule in 2010. As to the dozen or so other teams I relly don't know.

In Region 6- I also am aware that Columbia Academy is returning most of their best guys. Fairview who won region 6 is graduating a ton of good players, not sure about Page but any school located in Williamson County is going to be strong.

In The Metro AAA league (as usual) it will be balanced and competitive and you never know who will win it. Overton was the strongest but Hunters Lane, Glencliff and Antioch have lots of good young players. Not sure if any of those teams can get by the AAA teams in nashville's suburbs but there should be some exciting games in that district.

SHOULD BE FUN IN MIDDLE TENN.

In Memphis: Look for MUS and CBHS to battle in the D2 AA. CBHS only loses 4 seniors and they return a real solid group. MUS loses more, but their freshman class is pretty special. MUS should still be pretty solid on defense, but I think they will be better on offense. For the first time in years CBHS was vulnerable to an injured or missing player this year. Even with their depth overload, they struggled without their big forward, Banks. If he doesn't play, they are a completely different team. Briarcrest loses a huge senior class and their play maker Ballard and St. Benedict just doesn't have the big number of club players needed to compete with MUS and CBHS

In D2 A ECS will dominate again. They lose VanderVoort and Linn, but they return Crockerall, Gagnon, Wilson, and Chenault. Plus, other teams lose more. St. Georges loses Sims, Schneider, and Harris. Many of their remaining players are good, but they are role players, except for the younger Sims brother. It will be interesting to see how he fares without the older players.

AAA look for Houston to be improved. They lose Martinez, but return a pretty solid team. Collierville will be a little down. They lose a big senior class. Collierville does return most of their offensive player makers. They will need to light it up. White Station loses Brown, Leor, and Jono, but hey will still be pretty good.