Cosby 2010

az5

I was reading in my Murphy book about thist Cosby team and I have never heard of them. My book says this Cosby team needs to lift some more weights and get strong before the season starts. You think im joking cause im not. The lineman are not big and strong enough to knock a hole for the runners to run through. That Messer boy is a big boy that should be able to knock a hole. That Swann boy sounds like a good runner. Let me ask you Cosby people a question. What does this Swann boy run a 50 yard dash in? If he will run with ankle weights, he will be alot faster in a few weeks when the season starts. You think im joking cause im not.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading in my Murphy book about thist Cosby team and I have never heard of them. My book says this Cosby team needs to lift some more weights and get strong before the season starts. You think im joking cause im not. The lineman are not big and strong enough to knock a hole for the runners to run through. That Messer boy is a big boy that should be able to knock a hole. That Swann boy sounds like a good runner. Let me ask you Cosby people a question. What does this Swann boy run a 50 yard dash in? If he will run with ankle weights, he will be alot faster in a few weeks when the season starts. You think im joking cause im not.

Man i love the Murphy Fair Books. I remember when Cosby didnt even have a field and lights. We played on a "field" behind the school. Glad to see the program coming around

I think Cosby will suprise a few people whn they get off the bus with 25 kids and then go wear out a team with 55 or more.Not just anybody can commit to what the coaches at Cosby expect from their players. Numbers may be down but the 25 we bring will be tough as pine knots. Swann runs about a 4.7 or 4.8 40 and there are 2 kids faster than him, and 1 is much faster. Nobody we play in the regular season will be able to catch Herzog when he gets in open field. We are young and not very deep up front but again I think our first 5-6 big boys might suprise some people with their improved play this season.

I think Cosby will suprise a few people whn they get off the bus with 25 kids and then go wear out a team with 55 or more.Not just anybody can commit to what the coaches at Cosby expect from their players. Numbers may be down but the 25 we bring will be tough as pine knots. Swann runs about a 4.7 or 4.8 40 and there are 2 kids faster than him, and 1 is much faster. Nobody we play in the regular season will be able to catch Herzog when he gets in open field. We are young and not very deep up front but again I think our first 5-6 big boys might suprise some people with their improved play this season.

I wouldn't worry about the numbers thing so much Oldeagle, they seem to be down at several schools. Committment and accountability is a rare item. It takes alot of hard work and dedication to play highschool sports. But anyways ,good luck to to you're Eagles this season. WG should be a good test for you guys. They have really picked it up over the past few seasons.

I wouldn't worry about the numbers thing so much Oldeagle, they seem to be down at several schools. Committment and accountability is a rare item. It takes alot of hard work and dedication to play highschool sports. But anyways ,good luck to to you're Eagles this season. WG should be a good test for you guys. They have really picked it up over the past few seasons.

WG has gotten alot better recently. Joe Case is a very good coach , and has gotten his school and players to believe they can be winners. We will definately see what were made of friday.

Who is going to be the Qb for Cosby? Will Hertzog run it or the other guy? Will they run a 2 Qb system?

Thanks

I wouldn't call it a 2 qb system but both will probably take some snaps at qb in every game with Herzog getting the majority. The other Qb is just a sophomore but is VERY smart and talented he will be tough his jr and sr years

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book and it says Cosby has never won a game in the playoffs. My book says that the biggest boy on the team is Matthew Messer. He is 6'1 280lbs. This is a decent size boy, but he is probably not big enough to play in the SEC. Let me ask you a question. How much weight can this boy lift and how fast does he run the 50 yard dash in? I garuntee you those Cosby runners will be relying on him to knock a hole so they can run the ball through it. You think im joking cause im not.

I was at the Cosby West Greene scrimmage a few days ago, and I don't kow if it was that West Greene played terrible, or that Cosby played that good, but the mighty Buffaloes only won 8-0. I am a proud supporter of West Greene, but I have to give Cosby some credit here, they definitely surprised me. The quarterback that Cosby has (number five I believe?) was lightning fast. Our entire defense was having trouble containing him, and that is saying something considering WG had the second ranked defense in the BRAC last year. Also, I would like to send out my prayers to the kid that was hurt on the last play of the scrimmage. It was a shame to see that happen in a scrimmage. Does anyone have any updates on how he is?

I was at the Cosby West Greene scrimmage a few days ago, and I don't kow if it was that West Greene played terrible, or that Cosby played that good, but the mighty Buffaloes only won 8-0. I am a proud supporter of West Greene, but I have to give Cosby some credit here, they definitely surprised me. The quarterback that Cosby has (number five I believe?) was lightning fast. Our entire defense was having trouble containing him, and that is saying something considering WG had the second ranked defense in the BRAC last year. Also, I would like to send out my prayers to the kid that was hurt on the last play of the scrimmage. It was a shame to see that happen in a scrimmage. Does anyone have any updates on how he is?

the boy that got hurt at the scrimmage is doing ok. they got his hip back in place that night at the hospital and he is recovering at the moment. slowly but surely. and yes the cosby offense will be hard to contain this year