An Ezell-Harding Application...

RealGoEagles

Don't ask me how I got it but this is a real document.

Name:

Grade you will be entering:

Height:

Weight:

40 yd dash:

Vertical leap:

Bench Press:

Power Clean:

Will the students parents be needing a high paying job close to the school:

Do the parents know any talented athletes whose parents might need high paying jobs:

Requested Salary(athlete-student):

Reading level (optional):

*These little preconceived notions about privates seem pretty freakin stupid when you look at them in print*

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Don't ask me how I got it but this is a real document.

Name:

Grade you will be entering:

Height:

Weight:

40 yd dash:

Vertical leap:

Bench Press:

Power Clean:

Will the students parents be needing a high paying job close to the school:

Do the parents know any talented athletes whose parents might need high paying jobs:

Requested Salary(athlete-student):

Reading level (optional):

*These little preconceived notions about privates seem pretty freakin stupid when you look at them in print*

RGA,

I dont mean to be rude but there is no reason to be a smart ___ . A lot of times people get miffed cause we do have certain advantages over them in getting good players. But we are getting better students and kids that are driven to excell, becaue if they werent no parent in their right mind would continue to pay the money they go. All you are doing is fanning the flame that already exists in the hearts of many public school supporters. I asked that the previous post be removed from this board and i would ask you to do the same.

This is nothing but anatgonizing these guys many of the people that would argue with you about this arent liked by the public school supporters either. They are just looking for some type of argument as you are here.

Do us all a favor and unless you have something constructive to say dont post.

I don't think people are as stupid as you think they are, and yes these kinds of posts are what kindles the fire.

When we try to use logic, we are met with sarcasm or called names. My honest opinion is that nearly every single person who stands up for the private schools can see the advantages that we are talking about, and are just not big enough to admit it. Chakra can see what we are talking about, and I have a ton of respect for him and the things he says. You people are stealing trophies away from a bunch of small town country boys, in the name of religion, and then laughing about it. If you think thats a mean thing to say, think about it a little. I would never in my life say a thing like this if I did not think I was 100 percent right. It would not be so bad if you did'nt want to continue to do so. Honesty is not such a bad thing. :D

Posted by pujo:

You people are stealing trophies away from a bunch of small town country boys, in the name of religion, and then laughing about it. ;)

Pujo....I don`t think people like yourself are stupid. I`ve never said that. It`s posts like the one above that really shows the public school mentality though. (and by that I mean the constant misconceptions that are continually repeated. ) It`s not being stupid. It`s just really believing something something that isn`t true. Naive would be more like it. I won`t speak for most private schools, just the ones I`m familiar with here. You seem to think they laugh at public schools and that`s wrong pujo. I know USJ respects everyone they play. Dang...this is hard to explain pujo, but they don`t look at public schools any different than other private schools. When they line up, it`s just another football team in different color uniforms. You and others seem to be really obsessed with private schools. I`ve seen it from both sides. Both public and private.

I take offense to people talking about these so called advantages. I`ve know how USJ/OHA went through years and years without even making the playoffs. The school opened up in the very early 70`s and it wasn`t until the 90`s until they won their first playoff game(may have been 89) I know that for years and years they had kids(many of them were good athletes too.) who went out and tried and worked and practiced just like every other team in 1A and saw nothing of postseason play. And you know what? I never heard the first complaint about them playing in 1A. Now that they have had a spell of success and they have a coach that has led them there, then all of a sudden people are trying to say that USJ shouldn`t be in 1A. Pardon me if I say that sounds like whining. It`s ok as long as you don`t play well, but if you start doing good, then it`s unfair. I really feel sorry for kids at the small rural schools. If they have the same attitude as some of the adults on here. And it`s some of these adults who teach and help these kids form opinions.

It`s not that things are so unfair, it`s a matter of making changes. If a school doesn`t do well and they continue to do things like they have year after year, then things won`t be even. Some schools look to try and improve themselves others want to stay at status quo and then complain when other school pass them by.

You know...there are only 4 or 5 really good private schools playing 1A football there are at least that many really good public schools. Private schools managed to win 3 out of 10 championships in the 90`s and you have the audacity to say they are stealing trophies and in the name of religion! C`mon pujo...you are a better person than that.

With all those "advantages" that are spewed about private schools, they won 3 out of 10 in the 90`s. Yes, there are differences, but that doesn`t make it unfair as displayed by the performance of most private schools.

You keep talking about all these Div.I college athletes these private schools keep on getting. To the best of my knowledge USJ has had 3 since Marley got there in 1989. Trey Teague(There have been Teague`s going to school there since the early 70`s, so don`t even try and say he was recruited ok? And I won`t come back with that public school mentality/paranoid thing) Alex Londe who signed with Missouri and didn`t stay long. And Franklin Payne who is a freshman at Illinois.

Wow...those Big time college prospects are just flying through USJ aren`t they 3 in 13 years. USJ is just like Cloudland pujo. They have a good coach and get the most out of their athletes. Yet for some reason you don`t want to have to play them.

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 9-26-02 8:51P]

First of all I think you forgot Greg Fay. From what I,ve heard and read about him,he was a heck of a football player.I do think USJ has a very good coach but seems like alot of the people in your area would disagree with us.The last two years when UJS lost in the playoffs,I read countless posts on here about how he was just out coached.On the contrary when we lost to Ezell last year,not one single person ever said we were out coached.I do believe, that because of the success USJ has had in football and baseball,it does draw some good atheletes.Our success does not draw us anyone.If you were at Cloudland for one week,you would never have anything but the highest praise for them.I will say this though,it should not be this way at alot of public schools because they are located in areas where there is tons of talent and these are the ones that you are comparing USJ to. We do not feel sorry for ourselves.We expect to win every single game and if you look at our record,we do a pretty good job of it.If you have ever read the story about David in the Bible,you know how the ole giant hit the ground,well were out to make him fall again.

pujo...I think Fay signed with Lehigh. I don`t think they are division I.

I wouldn`t think that Cloudland`s team would feel sorry for themselves. It`s obvious they are doing things right. They see the challenge and go for it. They don`t sit back and make excuses. The mentality thing is something that I`ve seen since I was in school. When I went to a private school, I saw how some people automatically treat you when they find out that you attend a private school. I could have grown up on Roan Mountain and went to school there for 11 years and then if I went to a private school my 12th grade year, there are people who would automatically think of me as a snob. People want to label others for what they perceive them to be and I really feel that many on here do the same thing in regards to private school sports. They have their own perception of a private school and with out ever really being there will be hard to change their mind.

I`m pulling for Cloudland this year since I don`t think the Bruins have a very good chance to make it to the title game this year. Good Luck.

This might sound really bad, but I am going to say it any way.

FACT...parents of private school kids make more money on the average, then parents of public school kids.

FACT...kids at private schools make better grades, go to better colleges, receiver better jobs, and get a higher salary then public school kids.

Where do you think these private school parents get this money? I'm not going to say public school parents dont work hard...that would be ludacrous and down right stupid, but I will say that the private school parents I know, achieved the status they did, through hard work, luck, and dedication...they weren't just born with it. I am in no way insenuating that public school parents or kids do not work hard...that is stupid, all I am saying is that private school parents and kids have a different approach or expectation, as opposed to public school kids...heck academic advisors at public school adminstrators and college acceptance committees know there is a difference academically between the two...Perhaps this transcends to the playing field? Am I just completely wrong...please as I said before, I am not saying public school parents are lazy, or their kids are...I am saying that there is pressure and very high expectations from private school parents, and perhaps a different mentality from their kids...

Very good observation. Thats why we call it apples and oranges. We have some of the same kind of kids and parents that you are referring to, but the percentage is much lower. I've said many times that its a tribute to these parents and kids at the private schools. Public and private schools are very different. I think that is an advantage, for example, if you take two kids with the same amount of athletic ability, but the other has smart to go along with it, the smart kid will win. As we've said many times on here, the publics can't pick and choose like the privates and that is an advantage.

So we punish the private school kids for having a better mentality then publics?

We could say the reason that poverty stricken kids are so good in sports is because all they have in order to leave the slums is a chance to play basketball at a higher level...pujo you know that is wrong, you obviously wouldn't seperate the under priveledged who happen to excel, as opposed to the others who don't.

You wouldn't seperate ethnic groups that are more athletic or better at sports, from ethnic groups that are not raised around particular sports...aka kids who were raised around tennis and golf...then a group of kids who weren't raised around it.

[Edited by TheEgoHasLanded on 9-27-02 9:38A]