Brandon Lopez is back at AE!

MMcCroskey

Team camp is going on at Maryville College atm, with a multitude of teams in attendence. Of note in Tuesday's games, West played AE with AE taking it on a last second drive and score by Brandon Lopez (who understandably celebrated with an outburst of "I'm Back!!").

Its team camp, but I'm sure AE is happy to have Lopez back (I'm assuming for the upcoming season as well??)

Sets up an interesting matchup between Gatlinburg Pittman and West on Wednesday. GP played 6 games this past weekend at team camp at LMU University (boy they are growing that school like a weed - I understand LMU goes DI next year) and GP dominated all 6. They handled all 3 games at MC with ease on Tuesday as well.

West-GP matchup should be very interesting indeed.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, MC team camp wound up, with GP going 6-0, including a 15 point win over a West team that only had 6 players (JuJuan Williams was one of the 6 I know, not sure on others though). I was told West lost on Monday to Carter by a similar margin, but no idea if it was the same 6 man squad for West.

It's team camp, but it seems the early battle lines are being drawn between Carter and GP for domination in East TN AA ball; but then again I can't imagine Lopez and AE will not make a run at both before it is all over.

:D

Well, MC team camp wound up, with GP going 6-0, including a 15 point win over a West team that only had 6 players (JuJuan Williams was one of the 6 I know, not sure on others though). I was told West lost on Monday to Carter by a similar margin, but no idea if it was the same 6 man squad for West.

It's team camp, but it seems the early battle lines are being drawn between Carter and GP for domination in East TN AA ball; but then again I can't imagine Lopez and AE will not make a run at both before it is all over.

:lol:

So you don't look for Fulton to be in the hunt for a state tournament bid. They lost a lot no doubt but if the folks around E. Tn. think that the Falcons won't be in the mix they are dreaming.

With Fulton's coach, I would never count them out of any basketball season, no doubt on that one. It is very early in the process, but simply based on who is returning, Carter and GP have to be considered early "favorites" is my only point - and based on what little team camp activity that has taken place so far.

Carter returns the likes of Wilson, Bennett, and Ballinger (in fact, didn't they only lose one senior off last years team?) - GP returns Agosto, Barber, McCroskey and Buckner and has 9-10 players in the AAU system atm (but they did lose 2 starting seniors).

It would be GREAT to get some updates on the Fulton players - Galen Campbell is certainly a known factor, but what about Queener, Cason and Jackson. Is size not going to be a challenge for Fulton as well? As of last years listings, don't believe any of these players were listed over 6'2" - but high school players have been known to grow :lol: !