2010 Lincoln County Falcons!

jabbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln County would have to be one of the most-improved teams in the entire state to finish second in District 8-AAA in 2010. Not saying they won't, just saying that would be a tremendous feat. This is one of the best 5A districts, as evidenced by Columbia and Lawrence Co. success in playoffs. Both of those teams will be pretty darn good again, and Tullahoma will not likely go 4-6 again.

Wasn't last year the first time Lawrence County made the playoffs since like 1986? Calling a repeat?

Not predicting a repeat at all. Although Lawrence Co. has Trent Garland back, one of the top two players in the entire district, they lost a number of quality athletes up front.

David Marston has been slowly building a quality program in Lawrenceburg as evidenced by them just missing the playoffs two and three years ago by losing in the season finale. The fact they broke through and had such success last season was no surprise to those of us who consistently watch District 8-AAA.

My point is that Columbia will be really strong again and must be the preseason favorite. Lawrence Co. will be good again but I don't know if they are preseason second and I don't expect another big playoff run from them.

I stand by the statement that it would be a tremendous accomplishment for Lincoln Co. to finish in the top two in 2010.

Not predicting a repeat at all. Although Lawrence Co. has Trent Garland back, one of the top two players in the entire district, they lost a number of quality athletes up front.

David Marston has been slowly building a quality program in Lawrenceburg as evidenced by them just missing the playoffs two and three years ago by losing in the season finale. The fact they broke through and had such success last season was no surprise to those of us who consistently watch District 8-AAA.

My point is that Columbia will be really strong again and must be the preseason favorite. Lawrence Co. will be good again but I don't know if they are preseason second and I don't expect another big playoff run from them.

I stand by the statement that it would be a tremendous accomplishment for Lincoln Co. to finish in the top two in 2010.

Best of luck to Lincoln Co. Tennessee High School Football is better as a whole when its traditional powerhouses are near the top.

It may come as a surprize to a lot of folks but LC would be my pick to win the district, and probley even state. I remember the Ravenwood game being the other way around. I was at that game, and LC defense held Ravewoods offence to -7 yards for the first hour of the game,it would have been worse but LC started pulling starters out after that. as far as this season, you will see one of the best deffensive lines in the state. you will also see on both sides of the line bigger, quicker, and stonger players that LC has had in a long time. LC has added 2 coaches, one by the name of Palmer from Hazelgreen, and one from Lewisburg by the name of Thomas. they have also picked up a running back from Brentwood.They have a head coach that will soon be ending his career, and along with his players is hungry to end with a state championship. a lot of folks dont realize that last years team was very young and only had about 3 players with varsity playing experience.as you all know they struggled with that in the beggining of the season, but at the end of the season they started commoing around, and practically everyone is comming back including the quaterback who believe it or not broke LC record for passing yards last year. There may be some surprized folks when LC wins state, but I wont be.

It may come as a surprize to a lot of folks but LC would be my pick to win the district, and probley even state. I remember the Ravenwood game being the other way around. I was at that game, and LC defense held Ravewoods offence to -7 yards for the first hour of the game,it would have been worse but LC started pulling starters out after that. as far as this season, you will see one of the best deffensive lines in the state. you will also see on both sides of the line bigger, quicker, and stonger players that LC has had in a long time. LC has added 2 coaches, one by the name of Palmer from Hazelgreen, and one from Lewisburg by the name of Thomas. they have also picked up a running back from Brentwood.They have a head coach that will soon be ending his career, and along with his players is hungry to end with a state championship. a lot of folks dont realize that last years team was very young and only had about 3 players with varsity playing experience.as you all know they struggled with that in the beggining of the season, but at the end of the season they started commoing around, and practically everyone is comming back including the quaterback who believe it or not broke LC record for passing yards last year. There may be some surprized folks when LC wins state, but I wont be.

Hard to pull the starters after the first hour, since the "starters" didn't get in until about an hour into it. And no "-7 yards" - both team's defenses were ahead of the offense (which is normal at that stage), but both sides moved the ball. Both teams played their young guys at the beginning of the scrimmage and it was fairly evenly matched. Score was tied at the end of the night, all levels combined.

Hard to pull the starters after the first hour, since the "starters" didn't get in until about an hour into it. And no "-7 yards" - both team's defenses were ahead of the offense (which is normal at that stage), but both sides moved the ball. Both teams played their young guys at the beginning of the scrimmage and it was fairly evenly matched. Score was tied at the end of the night, all levels combined.

Come on now Doubleshot, is it really a negative thing to say that Lincoln Co. probably won't win the state??? I appreciate your enthusiasm for your team, but the fact is unless the Falcons are dramatically improved in every facet of the game they are not winning District 8-AAA and they will not win state.

Hey Doubleshot:

Sober up dude! The way this works is that you attach a reply not just re-run the quote. Looks like you got your Education in Lincoln County. By the way, should I call you when the Falcons get a beat down in Murfreesboro the second game of the season. I know your old pickem-up truck has a hard time making it over the ridge. Maybe you can get the game on WYTM. (that's FM not AM you know fancy radio) Anyway I'll be at the game, look me up.