District 8AA predictions???

2011Tigers2011

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be different at the top indeed, but I will tell you why LA will still be atop come late February:

Kailen Melton--The sharpshooting guard that will make you pay from long range. Hand down, man down.

Jake Huitt--Athletic, quick as a cat, plays D, and can shoot the rock.

Brock McCoin--Rising sophomore has really grasped what is going on at LA. Watch out. :roflolk:

Logan Ramsey--6'8" of hard work and a silky smooth stroke. Leave him open from 20 feet, watch the ball go in.

Mason Ramsey--The now sophomore looks to reign again as the districts' best player. The ability to shoot from anywhere as well as his ball handling and strength make the Wildcats so hard to contain.

Also, Hill, another shooting guard compacted with Melton's bench equal what could be #7 straight for the Wildcats.

With Stephens Asberry and Williams gone York will have very little to offer for offense other than Gavin Cook. York will finish at the bottom.

1. Livingston

2. Cannon

3. Upperman.

4. Smith

5. Dekalb

6. York.

I think CAnnon will make a good showing for themselves this year but. LA still has to many weapons.

It could be different at the top indeed, but I will tell you why LA will still be atop come late February:

Kailen Melton--The sharpshooting guard that will make you pay from long range. Hand down, man down.

Jake Huitt--Athletic, quick as a cat, plays D, and can shoot the rock.

Brock McCoin--Rising sophomore has really grasped what is going on at LA. Watch out. :popcorneater:

Logan Ramsey--6'8" of hard work and a silky smooth stroke. Leave him open from 20 feet, watch the ball go in.

Mason Ramsey--The now sophomore looks to reign again as the districts' best player. The ability to shoot from anywhere as well as his ball handling and strength make the Wildcats so hard to contain.

Also, Hill, another shooting guard compacted with Melton's bench equal what could be #7 straight for the Wildcats.

Pretty good breakdown I guess. M Ramsey is very good but Huitt may be this team's MVP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What play days are these teams going to? LA is going to Liberty Tech on the 6th to play Craigmont, Union City, and Bolivar. Not sure who they play at Harpeth on the 13th, but the competition on the 6th seems to be....top notch. Tough day indeed. If this doesn't get a team ready, I don't know what will.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not going to give much of a prediction other than Livingston wins this district yet again. Have you seen Livingston's schedule? Right off the bat they start out with West Creek (19-9 last year) and Red Bank (24-9 last year). These are going to be two tough Hall of Games for the Wildcats. I think Livingston will prove early on they can play with just about anyone and that they are still a cut above the rest of the district. I was looking over the schedules and Livingston's opponents were 249-180 last year (just throwing that out there)

My guess on the starting 5 for Livingston looks like this:

- Brock McCoin (good looking sophomore point gaurd who got a lot of playing time as a freshman)

- Jake Huitt (smart guard, can play the point as well, decent shooter, & and quick as all get out)

- Kalien Melton (a guard that can shoot from anywhere, a quiet leader that refuses to lose)

- Mason Ramsey (a 6'5" beast that can pound it inside or shoot from 2 ft behind the arc)

- Logan Ramsey (6'9" center, not a lot of power, but moves are improving & nice mid-range jumper)

Although Livingston isn't as deep on the bench this year as the past few seasons, they still have some quality players that will be able to rotate into the game.

Anyone have news or info on the other district teams?

I'm not going to give much of a prediction other than Livingston wins this district yet again. Have you seen Livingston's schedule? Right off the bat they start out with West Creek (19-9 last year) and Red Bank (24-9 last year). These are going to be two tough Hall of Games for the Wildcats. I think Livingston will prove early on they can play with just about anyone and that they are still a cut above the rest of the district. I was looking over the schedules and Livingston's opponents were 249-180 last year (just throwing that out there)

My guess on the starting 5 for Livingston looks like this:

- Brock McCoin (good looking sophomore point gaurd who got a lot of playing time as a freshman)

- Jake Huitt (smart guard, can play the point as well, decent shooter, & and quick as all get out)

- Kalien Melton (a guard that can shoot from anywhere, a quiet leader that refuses to lose)

- Mason Ramsey (a 6'5" beast that can pound it inside or shoot from 2 ft behind the arc)

- Logan Ramsey (6'9" center, not a lot of power, but moves are improving & nice mid-range jumper)

Although Livingston isn't as deep on the bench this year as the past few seasons, they still have some quality players that will be able to rotate into the game.

Anyone have news or info on the other district teams?

I'm certain LA will easily repeat as district champs(district opponents record last year 69-76). Lack of depth? No problem. Just play the starters all the time unless injury or foul trouble. I see the older Ramsey is growing rapidly. May be 7' before he graduates. He's a good kid. Hope he doesn't grow much more. The world in general just isn't made for 7' people. Repeating should be no problem for LA

Edited by Seahawk26

I'm certain LA will easily repeat as district champs(district opponents record last year 69-76). Lack of depth? No problem. Just play the starters all the time unless injury or foul trouble. I see the older Ramsey is growing rapidly. May be 7' before he graduates. He's a good kid. Hope he doesn't grow much more. The world in general just isn't made for 7' people. Repeating should be no problem for LA

Repeating is never easy. Cannon returns everyone don't they? As far as depth, I think LA is going to be much deeper than you guys think. We'll see soon.

1. LA- have won district now 6 or 7 years in a row, look to make a good run in the post season.

2. Cannon- returns some good players, with Davenport leading the way

3. Upperman- young but will be better at the end of the year

4. Dekalb- Coached well, may be able to get 3rd

5. York- Not real sure

6. Smith- still riding a 20-something game losing streak from last season. Wouldn't suprise me to see it grow....