Humboldt Basketball

JungleJim125

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything can happen but I believe Clarksville Academy takes the Gold and wins back to back State Championships in Single A. I think this team is the cream of the crop in Single A by a fairly good margin.

Malcom and Martin Smith are just to much to handle on the Single A level.

I was talking district not state....I think bigster is too....The Smith twins are very, very good for sure..

I was talking district not state....I think bigster is too....The Smith twins are very, very good for sure..

Yes I was talking about our district but I think Yankees is right about the Smith twins and their team on the State level.Now back to our district.I don;t know what Union City has returning but do know Humboldt has Brooks,Bryson and Campbell.I believe they had a couple pretty good size guys on their bench as well.And had 5 talented players on their middle school team and at least 3 of them should get a good bit of playing time and maybe even start.I was pretty high on the middle school left hand kid that brings the ball up the floor.I'm visualizing what I know Humboldt has returning against Lake Co.Quan Cambell is a very good player that can jump with anyone.I look for Lake Co to counter with Devon Jones,a player that started the last half of the season and has a lot of potential..Humboldt has a shooter in Brooks but Lake Co counters with Rafael Tyler who is as good as any guard in the area.Bryson is a big man down low but Lake Co has Swift back and I believe will be the best player on the floor personally.Lake Co could also counter with 6'6 Gauldin down low against Bryson just to lean on him.Bryson isn't that good away from the basket but scores underneath.Having Gauldin on Bryson should free Swift up a little more.Then you have the other players.Humboldt has a couple players that were on the bench last year.Lake Co has Ricky Boyd,Caleb Bledsoe,both who started at times last year.And from what I'm told Stetson Swift is starting in front of Caleb Bledsoe this year and also has Dominic Kimble and the Coleman kid that's a wizard with the basketball that was in middle school last year off the bench.Another thing I like about the Lake Co team is that none of the starters are seniors.So.I'm anxious to see how things pan out.I look for Humboldt to play a zone against Lake Co and the Falcons to do the same since a new coach is in place.Guard Brooks tight and make the other Viking players shoot from the outside.!I can't wait.!

Edited by mrbigster

I look for Humboldt to be the favorite followed by Union City. Lake County will be third after a coaching change. I feel if Kim Decker found it hard to coach boy basketball I think that Dawn will find it even harder.

007..I thought you had abandoned me and left me all alone.Kim didn't have much talent the year she was at Dyersburg.Had she coached last year,believe she would have done much better.Don't jump on the wagon with Chipper.Stay on the Lake Co wagon.Just might surprise you .!

007..I thought you had abandoned me and left me all alone.Kim didn't have much talent the year she was at Dyersburg.Had she coached last year,believe she would have done much better.Don't jump on the wagon with Chipper.Stay on the Lake Co wagon.Just might surprise you .!

You hit on my thought there....Kim didn't have the talent Coach Barger has....That also puts more pressure on coach Barger, IMO.....

You hit on my thought there....Kim didn't have the talent Coach Barger has....That also puts more pressure on coach Barger, IMO.....

I agree but do fans think it will be more pressure just because she is a woman coaching a men's basketball team? Please LC fans don't take this question wrong but there are some fans that will think this? :unsure:

Edited by zebra99

I agree but do fans think it will be more pressure just because she is a woman coaching a men's basketball team? Please LC fans don't take this question wrong but there are some fans that will think this? :unsure:

I think the question concerning her gender is a legitimate one...I believe I remember when coach Decker was hired at D-burg that she was either the first or second woman EVER hired as a basketball coach of a boys team in the state of Tennessee...

I think if a man had been hired at LC he would have had some pressure as well but coach Barger has a real good team returning and if she doesn't do well she will hear that it's because she is a woman...Right or wrong...

I personally think Kim could have done well at D-burg had she given it more time..She coached my son when he was in junior high on a travel team..I know that's different than coaching high school kids but still...Coach Barger did well at LCMS...It sounds like the Falcons had a good summer and I haven't heard of any disciplinary problems so maybe she got their attention early...She's going to have a tough time, as any new coach in this district would have...She has a couple of real good teams to compete against...

Yes.I've heard it a lot of times already myself.When you see her on the sideline I believe you're going to be impressed whether she is a man or a woman.Some are just upset because Coach Whitby is gone or because Lake Co didn't let him leave on his own.So no matter who is coaching..wouldn't be enough.Now let's fast forward.I'm sure Lake Co has had better teams than this years upcoming team.What if she goes farther ?Then what?My buddy 007 said look at what Kim did when coaching the boys.Coach Whitby openely said the same thing in the newspaper that Coach Barger is going to find out that it's not the same as a woman coaching a high school boys team.He said the same thing.Look at what Kim did.The year Kim coached,she didn't have anything at all.Last years Dyersburg team was a lot better team than what she had but Lake Co beat them by about 12 points.If Lake Co isn't among the top,I'd be surprised.I don't believe it will be because of coahing.at least the lack of not having a coach.And again..I believe next year will really be Lake Co's year..but think this year is going to be betetr than a lot of people are expecting.!

Zebra.Where are all the Viking faithful.I know there isn't much going on at the moment except for Purple,you and me but I tried to stir the drink.Where is Red and some of the other faithful?Guess I'll repost this now and again when the season starts...

Where are the Bolt fans.Guess I'm going to have to stir the drink so to speak.To all you Humboldt fans..Lake Co has a coach now that can go toe to toe with Coach Boykin..lol..I know a lot of Bolt fans think he should be doing better also.But this ladycoaching the Falcon boys is a wildfire.Head in the game.Very attentive.Going to surprise some people.Yall are going to think she's kin to Pat Summit.And to rile some of you up enough to get you to posting..I heard that Lake Co was on the way back from Georgia and was going to stop at the Boldt to practice against the Falcon practice squad.That's what we are going to call the Vikings this year.The Falcon practice squad..But I heard the Falcons went 6-0 in Georgia and didn't feel like they needed to practice.The Falcons are going to come to the Boldt this coming year and take over that gym.Going to be known as the Falcon den or in other words..Our other gym..Our practice gym.!lol..Now come on Viking faithful.I'll be waiting..lol.!

Zebra.Where are all the Viking faithful.I know there isn't much going on at the moment except for Purple,you and me but I tried to stir the drink.Where is Red and some of the other faithful?Guess I'll repost this now and again when the season starts...

Where are the Bolt fans.Guess I'm going to have to stir the drink so to speak.To all you Humboldt fans..Lake Co has a coach now that can go toe to toe with Coach Boykin..lol..I know a lot of Bolt fans think he should be doing better also.But this ladycoaching the Falcon boys is a wildfire.Head in the game.Very attentive.Going to surprise some people.Yall are going to think she's kin to Pat Summit.And to rile some of you up enough to get you to posting..I heard that Lake Co was on the way back from Georgia and was going to stop at the Boldt to practice against the Falcon practice squad.That's what we are going to call the Vikings this year.The Falcon practice squad..But I heard the Falcons went 6-0 in Georgia and didn't feel like they needed to practice.The Falcons are going to come to the Boldt this coming year and take over that gym.Going to be known as the Falcon den or in other words..Our other gym..Our practice gym.!lol..Now come on Viking faithful.I'll be waiting..lol.!

You are right Viking fans are hush,hush right now! But from what i hear with what they have coming up from the Jr high ranks they will be on here when BB time starts! I have some buddies from HBT and i think right now that from talking to a few of them! Viking fans are looking forward to football season. Alot of HBT faithful say that Bland has got HBT on the right track! Talking as HBT will very good and that the furture is bright for the Vikings ahead! We will soon see just right around the corner! All i can say the Vikings better have a pretty good team with the killer schedule they play! Like i say we will know shortly good luck to the Falcons as well and Peabody! :thumb:

Edited by zebra99

I'm a basketball fan. A lot of my loyalty left when my good friend in coach Whitby was dismissed from coaching at lake county. I will come to some due to the fact I like Craig and Jay and respect them for all they do. And I like the kids like Rafeal, Caleb, B.J., and Devon. But I will be going and supporting teams like Union City. I lived there for three years and made a lot of friends while being there. Marty Sisco is a good person to talk to and very friendly everytime I've encountered him. Plus Chipper is a very good friend of mine and I get to interact with a lot of the Union City's ball players.

I think the attendance will suffer big time without Coach Whitby.

This year I will travel to more game that don't include Lake County. I hope to see Melrose, Southwind, Central, and White Station. I really want to see Leron Black play for White Station. I will make a effort to see clarksville northeastern and the academy school also. Good luck to all teams.