Humboldt Basketball

JungleJim125

What am i missing here? What has this got to do with Humboldt Basketball or Lake County? :unsure:

That's what I was wondering..What does Melrose or Southwind have to do with this thread?I've seen Southwind and J3 against Union City and I believe everyone knows about Adonis Thomas and Melrose..I'm a big Memphis Tiger fan so I'm well aware of them.And Central with Jarnell Stokes.Also..Melrose is ranked number 1 in the nation by at least 1 publication I'm aware of..I'm sure Melrose could beat all of us pretty bad..I'm also pretty sure they would beat Gibson Co by 50 points.But anyway..This was suppose to be about Humboldt.!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was wondering..What does Melrose or Southwind have to do with this thread?I've seen Southwind and J3 against Union City and I believe everyone knows about Adonis Thomas and Melrose..I'm a big Memphis Tiger fan so I'm well aware of them.And Central with Jarnell Stokes.Also..Melrose is ranked number 1 in the nation by at least 1 publication I'm aware of..I'm sure Melrose could beat all of us pretty bad..I'm also pretty sure they would beat Gibson Co by 50 points.But anyway..This was suppose to be about Humboldt.!

LOL, you smart ones were talking earlier in this topic about a fantasy tournament that you wanted to see hosted at Dyer Co. High School. You guys started that discussion. I just stated why would Melrose or Southwind want to travel to this part of hick country to impress us when they could go to a much bigger and better tournament elsewhere. Better yet, they could host them a tournament in Memphis without all these small rural schools.

Maybe your Humboldt boys could set up them a little tournament with Dyer Co., Humboldt, Union City, Bolivar, Lake Co. etc... and stick to competition where they belong instead of talking about bringing in Melrose, Southwind, or even Memphis Central for that matter. Trust me, I doubt they'd come to impress you guys without a little cash thrown to them.

LOL, you smart ones were talking earlier in this topic about a fantasy tournament that you wanted to see hosted at Dyer Co. High School. You guys started that discussion. I just stated why would Melrose or Southwind want to travel to this part of hick country to impress us when they could go to a much bigger and better tournament elsewhere. Better yet, they could host them a tournament in Memphis without all these small rural schools.

Maybe your Humboldt boys could set up them a little tournament with Dyer Co., Humboldt, Union City, Bolivar, Lake Co. etc... and stick to competition where they belong instead of talking about bringing in Melrose, Southwind, or even Memphis Central for that matter. Trust me, I doubt they'd come to impress you guys without a little cash thrown to them.

If I remember correctly,we also said that Melrose would probably have to play Dyer Co or Southwind.We didn't say anything in that post about Melrose playing Lake Co or Humboldt..And I believe the pst was started because someone was talking about,it would fill the gym up and because we'd like to see those players in this area.Not that we thought we would win or even have a chance.You may should go back and read that thread.!

And yes you're right..We probably should just get a tournament with Humboldt,Dyer Co,Union City and Lake Co..Teams like that..where we belong..But I was hoping Gibson Co may would be invited?But never mind?I don't think they've beaten Humbodt in years.We do have a middle school tournament though that maybe they could win a game or two.!

And yes you're right..We probably should just get a tournament with Humboldt,Dyer Co,Union City and Lake Co..Teams like that..where we belong..But I was hoping Gibson Co may would be invited?But never mind?I don't think they've beaten Humbodt in years.We do have a middle school tournament though that maybe they could win a game or two.!

Everything I say has to go back to Gibson Co. this Gibson Co. that both here and on the football threads. I don't know what kind of problem you have with me or Gibson Co., but you starting to show ignorance in your post.

You guys jump my case because I say something about Southwind and Melrose killing competition in that tournament but yet you guys were the one that started it up in this thread. What kind of tournament would it be for Southwind and Melrose to come to Newbern to impress us and beat up on Dyer Co. and after that 1 game go back to Memphis because no one else in the tournament is able to compete? Heck, Melrose and Southwind can play each other in Memphis instead of coming up here. How about you pack your bags and head to Memphis to watch them.

As for GC not beating Humboldt in years. Yea, that's true. But the last time we did beat them it was by about 25 in the Christmas tournament, lol. The same year they went to the state tournaments.

Edited by GCPioneer

Everything I say has to go back to Gibson Co. this Gibson Co. that both here and on the football threads. I don't know what kind of problem you have with me or Gibson Co., but you starting to show ignorance in your post.

You guys jump my case because I say something about Southwind and Melrose killing competition in that tournament but yet you guys were the one that started it up in this thread. What kind of tournament would it be for Southwind and Melrose to come to Newbern to impress us and beat up on Dyer Co. and after that 1 game go back to Memphis because no one else in the tournament is able to compete? Heck, Melrose and Southwind can play each other in Memphis instead of coming up here. How about you pack your bags and head to Memphis to watch them.

As for GC not beating Humboldt in years. Yea, that's true. But the last time we did beat them it was by about 25 in the Christmas tournament, lol. The same year they went to the state tournaments.

I have nothing against you or Gibson Co.I also said in my post the samee thing you said.Doubt they would ever do that when they could just stat in Memphis.I wrote that about 3 or 4 monts ago..Come on man..Have a sense of humour.We know yall are all about girls basketball anyway,

I think you guys are sleeping on trenton peabody..

They were 3rd?? i know its hard to say but they beat lake county twice out of the 3 times they played...

So come on.. How could you possibly sleep on them??

i also heard they have new kids coming in for this season.

Some kid that went to camp with them maybe? And speaking of camp they went undefeated??

I think you guys are sleeping on trenton peabody..

They were 3rd?? i know its hard to say but they beat lake county twice out of the 3 times they played...

So come on.. How could you possibly sleep on them??

i also heard they have new kids coming in for this season.

Some kid that went to camp with them maybe? And speaking of camp they went undefeated??

Trenton did beat a depleted team.When Lake Co had everyone,they beat Trenton by around 30 points and could have been worse.Lake Co was going to be better this year in my opinion but Swift moved away.But Lake Co will still have a very talented team.I think they'll challenge for the top spot.!

That is true, but trenton did have players out.. i think it was 3 players that had got in trouble

im not sure the name. i think 14, 12, and 24??The curly head kid, and the kid that hit the game winner on Gibson county?? He's back. But some of the main factors as senior graduated.

I knew the first time Trenton won,Swift and Cody Taylor were ineligible and the next game when they both played,Trenton couldn't do anything at all inside .Then the 3rd time,Swift got into legal troubles,and Cody Taylor played a little in that game but was booted off the team after that.This year ake Co has Rafhael Tyler back,Ricky Boyd back,Devon Jones back.All starters.I thought they were going to have Swift back along with Caleb Bledsoe,who I thought would strat.Well.Swift moved to Fulton Co and I'm hearing Stetson Swift is starting and Bledsoe may be the other starter.I also hear Lake Co may start Zay Coleman,a wizard at handing the ball instead of Bledsoe,who's about 6'3 or 6'4..So Lake Co will still be ok..I also heard the Giles kid was back out.He played for Coach Whitby a couple years ago..filled in when the football players were in the playoffs.He played very well and many of us thought he would have got a lot of playing time behind Carlos Young but he ended up quitting..Doesn't Trenton have the sharp shooter back.I believe his name is Harper.White kid that can really light it up?

By the way..Not saying Trenton won't finish 3rd or higher.The team I thought we had..went 6-0 in Georgia lost a very key player.I had them at the time winning the district or at least challenge Humboldt.I believe we're not as good as we would have been..but still very talented.!

Edited by mrbigster

I knew the first time Trenton won,Swift and Cody Taylor were ineligible and the next game when they both played,Trenton couldn't do anything at all inside .Then the 3rd time,Swift got into legal troubles,and Cody Taylor played a little in that game but was booted off the team after that.This year ake Co has Rafhael Tyler back,Ricky Boyd back,Devon Jones back.All starters.I thought they were going to have Swift back along with Caleb Bledsoe,who I thought would strat.Well.Swift moved to Fulton Co and I'm hearing Stetson Swift is starting and Bledsoe may be the other starter.I also hear Lake Co may start Zay Coleman,a wizard at handing the ball instead of Bledsoe,who's about 6'3 or 6'4..So Lake Co will still be ok..I also heard the Giles kid was back out.He played for Coach Whitby a couple years ago..filled in when the football players were in the playoffs.He played very well and many of us thought he would have got a lot of playing time behind Carlos Young but he ended up quitting..Doesn't Trenton have the sharp shooter back.I believe his name is Harper.White kid that can really light it up?

By the way..Not saying Trenton won't finish 3rd or higher.The team I thought we had..went 6-0 in Georgia lost a very key player.I had them at the time winning the district or at least challenge Humboldt.I believe we're not as good as we would have been..but still very talented.!

Peabody will have a pretty fair team! Lake County as always will be have good athletes and will imo give Humboldt and everone they play fits! We'll not know till the time comes all three may be still playing football! Let it play out and we will see! Edited by zebra99

We both Mrbigster well let me say this is my imo and mine alone. I know Humboldt has some talent coming through the JR High ranks and they are very good. This year's team with their returning starters of Bryson and Campbell and Brooks. Which all are outstanding players. Bryson as the big man he will have to show me as a basketball fan. He simply as not showed to me that he can dominate in the paint! He has the size to be a great one. When he gets the ball in the paint he's got to go to the hole with authority which to me has not show yet! Humboldt also needs a true point guard. They have not showed over the last few years they have that! Campbell is more of a scoring guard as is Brooks. Neither one as showed they can handle the basketball up and down the court game after game! Humboldt fans i mean no disrespect this is just what i see! I am sure Coach Boykin will correct this problem! If Humboldt is ever to win the big game this will have to be done!

Edited by zebra99