DISTRICT 11-AA IN 2010

howdoitknow

WELL AFTER CHEATHAMS WIN TONIGHT OVER EAST ROBERTSON, 47 TO 6, I GUESS WHAT EVERYONE IN THE STANDS LAST YEAR WAS SAYING WAS RIGHT. "LAST YEARS LOUSEY SEASON IS ON THE COACH". OTHER THAN 3 SENIORS THAT GRADUATED AND AND A COUPLE OF FRESHMAN THAT CAME IN, MOST OF THIS WINNING TEAM WAS SITTING ON THE BENCH LAST YEAR! YES THEY WERE FRESHMAN LAST YEAR, BUT THE PLAYERS THE COACH TRIED TO WIN WITH HAD NO HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE EITHER, AND ALOT OF THEM ARE NO LONGER EVEN PLAYING. BOTTOM LINE IS CHEATHAM COULD HAVE STARTED THOSE FRESHMAN, WHICH HAVE BEEN PLAYING TOGETHER SINCE JR. PRO, BUT CHOSE TO PLAY A BUNCH OF KIDS THAT DID'NT EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL. I GUESS COACH DID LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES, HES STARTING A COUPLE OF FRESHMAN THIS YEAR, AS HE SHOULD. GOING TO BE A GOOD YEAR!

[/quote

Hope you proud of yourself connman, "your team" wins 48-6 and you still find a way to take a shot at the coaching staff. You have to be the biggest moron in the history of coacht. I guarantee you wouldn't have the guts to go and say the crap you spew on here to Coach Finley, 'cause I am sure he would stomp a muddy hole in your sorry ####. Cubs looked good on Friday night! Potts is gonna be hard to catch for the next 3 years and this young team is starting to show some ability. Good luck against Stewart County from all of your true fans. Connman go away, nobody wants people like you around win or lose.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you proud of yourself connman, "your team" wins 48-6 and you still find a way to take a shot at the coaching staff. You have to be the biggest moron in the history of coacht. I guarantee you wouldn't have the guts to go and say the crap you spew on here to Coach Finley, 'cause I am sure he would stomp a muddy hole in your sorry ####.

Couldn't have said it better myself. In recent months connman has been very critical of both Cubs Football & Cubs Basketball Coaches. Since it is obviously so easy I am sure he would love the opportunity to coach. He would take CCCHS to state championships in football, basketball, soccer, baseball, rugby, tennis, wrestling, etc. You name it and it would happen..........NOT!!!! I am sure that another collection of index cards with a winning game plan for the coaches is already in the works as I type this post.

Edited by scaldeddog17

So proud of the Waverly Tigers tonight. They outplayed Creek Wood in all phases except the one that counts. Scoreboard. CW picks up a fumble and goes 65 yards for winning score. CW knocks down a pass as time expires to keep Waverly from winning. Waverly outgained 291 to 227 in yards. But a loss is a loss. Either way, this Waverly team isn't a joke. They will make some noise. Proud of the Blue and White guys tonight. Put this one behind you and run the table.

Final CW 24 Waverly 19.

Waverly misses two XP and Stecker kid from CW hits a 42 yarder for the difference in scoring.

Edited by papatiger

The District is looking like it's going to be good once again this season. Camden Central is the favorite to win the district but after them it appears that it's a tossup on any given night between the teams that make up the other 6 slots.

Stewart County is still a very solid football team and the trio of Cheatham County, Montgomery Central, & Waverly Central has improved greatly since last season. Creek Wood is very solid as usual despite graduating a very large senior class from last season. Harpeth had to play Camden Central last night so it's too early to make a prediction in regards to those guys.

No disrespect to Waverly but had the referees make the correct calls on two fumbles by waverly that were not called fumbles and one non fumble called a fumble against Creek Wood this game would not have been as close. This was probably the worst refereed game i have ever seen. The ref counting the play clock stopped his counting so Waverly could get the play off. Creek Wood was very lucky to come out of this game with their first win. Waverly is a very tough team. I expect them to be very tough for everyone in the district. :thumb:

No disrespect to Waverly but had the referees make the correct calls on two fumbles by waverly that were not called fumbles and one non fumble called a fumble against Creek Wood this game would not have been as close. This was probably the worst refereed game i have ever seen. The ref counting the play clock stopped his counting so Waverly could get the play off. Creek Wood was very lucky to come out of this game with their first win. Waverly is a very tough team. I expect them to be very tough for everyone in the district. :thumb:

You are correct. It was a poorly officiated game but for both teams. I could name a lot of calls that went CW way too that I didn't agree with. But that is part of the element of humans. Both sides recieved bad calls. I don't recall any of those plays you talked about but I'm sure you saw them.

You are also correct that CW was lucky to come out with a win. Because is was clear that Waverly had the best team. Waverly outgained them by almost 100 yards. I see CW making some noise this year but Waverly will too. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

How can one say the your team is better when they only meet once besides the possibility of playing in playoffs in the entire year of 2010 in high school football and you lose by 5!!!! Jus Sayin!!!!!Being the better team in losses dont get U N!!!! Is Wavo wins in the playoffs then they will be better, but 4 now it has to be CW!!!

Anything can happen, even in a year where the District (by all counts) may be down as a whole. Any team that can get on a roll, especially toward late season, and still fight their way into the playoffs has a chance to be a dangerous playoff team.

Point in case is last year's Harpeth team. Start the season 1-5 and looked like the season was over, and then reeled off 5 wins to get to the 2nd round of the playoffs finishing a strong 6-6. Yes, Harpeth played sub-caliber teams during that stretch run, but the truth was, they believed in themselves and found out they could compete in the playoffs where they had their chance to beat a good Smith County team and could have moved on to the quarterfinals.

At any rate, good luck to all in the District.

Anything can happen, even in a year where the District (by all counts) may be down as a whole. Any team that can get on a roll, especially toward late season, and still fight their way into the playoffs has a chance to be a dangerous playoff team.

Point in case is last year's Harpeth team. Start the season 1-5 and looked like the season was over, and then reeled off 5 wins to get to the 2nd round of the playoffs finishing a strong 6-6. Yes, Harpeth played sub-caliber teams during that stretch run, but the truth was, they believed in themselves and found out they could compete in the playoffs where they had their chance to beat a good Smith County team and could have moved on to the quarterfinals.

At any rate, good luck to all in the District.

I know that Harpeth had some internal issues early last season in the East Robertson game. In the Creek Wood game they played hard but just ran out of gas in the second half. The game against Fairview last season was the loss that really woke them up and sparked a second half push where guys like Forrest, Roark, Horkins, Douglas, and Conatser started playing exceptional.

Camden Central is a team that really has it rolling right now. I look for them to be playing deep into the month of November. The win over McKenzie was a solid effort and this week they have a chance to add to that with a tough battle with Westview looming.

Cheatham is a team that has caught fire and is scoring in bunches right now. They are playing well right now but they are still a very young football team with sophomores everywhere. This means that they can't afford to overlook anyone. This week is the big in-county matchup with Sycamore and it should be a great test for this young, talented football team.

Creek Wood is obviously not what they were last year. Losing nearly 30 seniors can do that to anyone. I do however believe that they are still a factor in the district. They have had some injury issues to overcome and despite this they survived and are now off to a good start in the district. A matchup this week with unbeaten Fairview should be a great game.

Montgomery Central is much better. They are in their second year under a new coaching staff and have been playing solid on the defensive side of the football. They have a large number of players out for the team this season and the upcoming schedule looks to provide more much needed confidence with the likes of Houston County & East Hickman looming.

Waverly Central is healthy this year and as a result they are much better. They stunned Hickman County in the opener and demolished Houston County the following week. Last week they nearly defeated the defending champions of the district. They should pick up their third win of the season this week with an in-county clash against McEwen on the agenda.

Stewart County is solid as always. The Rebels suffered a setback this past week but if anyone thinks that is going to be how their season plays out then you are sadly mistaken. They have the ability to beat anyone on a given night. With Clarksville Academy & Houston County coming up on the schedule I look for them to be at 3 wins by the midway point of the season.

Harpeth is still winless but they have had a rough schedule against Hickman County and Camden Central. This week looks to be a time where they'll get healthy in a hurry with East Robertson coming up on the schedule. The weeks to follow include games against Creek Wood and Fairview so winning this week is a must.

There wasn't any internal discord during or after last year's East Robertson game that I know of. There were 15 personal fouls in the game because East Robertson played dirty and Harpeth retaliated. They were equally distributed and it contributed to the loss when Harpeth lost their composure. Then the ex principal wanted Harpeth players that got personal fouls called on them to write apology letters to the East Robertson team. That didn't set well with players, parents or coaches. Any discord was between a weak and clueless principal and the Indian Nation. East Rob has beaten Harpeth the last 2 years with an inferior team. They've had our number so to speak. If I were a Harpeth Indian player, this would be the game on the schedule that would have a red circle around it.

There was a temporary qb change after the ERob game because of turnovers, but that's the only game out of the 4 early losses that Harpeth should have won. There was more frustration after the Fairview game because the guys felt their post season slipping away and they played awful down there. To their credit, they bounced back against Waverly and Cheatham and had Jo Byrns beat in a well played game. The 6-6 should have been 8-4. Like most team sports, the difference between close losses and close wins are the little things like penalties and turnovers.

Right now Harpeth has to establish an identity and get the newbies some experience. Patty going down hurt and the line is mostly young guys that need to step up.