Murphy Fair Class 4A Preseason Coaches Poll

FultonGrad

This poll don't matter and means absolutely squat.But if Greenville has 5 first place votes and Giles Co.has 5 first place votes shouldn't they be tied for first?

only if they had the same number of second, third, fourth, etc. Pre-season polls are more for the pollsters than the fans or the teams. They like to see how good they are at predicting the future based on past performance. Greeneville is returning a SCARY amount of talent so one could see why Fair has them at #1. The 7 on 7 looked good last weekend. I'm thinkin' the Red Bank placement is a bit suspect. I don't see them at their usual level of studliness coming in to this season. They tend to rely a bit too much on star-power and as a result, can be rather one-dimensional.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only if they had the same number of second, third, fourth, etc. Pre-season polls are more for the pollsters than the fans or the teams. They like to see how good they are at predicting the future based on past performance. Greeneville is returning a SCARY amount of talent so one could see why Fair has them at #1. The 7 on 7 looked good last weekend. I'm thinkin' the Red Bank placement is a bit suspect. I don't see them at their usual level of studliness coming in to this season. They tend to rely a bit too much on star-power and as a result, can be rather one-dimensional.

Good thoughts Barb. The "one-dimensional" thing is huge in HS football. If you maintain your composure, have the ability to really understand what playing as a team is, and enjoy a little "Lady Luck" along the way; the teams with a star will fall. I would have rather had Murphy just forget about us. Its nice to not be noticed.

Good thoughts Barb. The "one-dimensional" thing is huge in HS football. If you maintain your composure, have the ability to really understand what playing as a team is, and enjoy a little "Lady Luck" along the way; the teams with a star will fall. I would have rather had Murphy just forget about us. Its nice to not be noticed.

For a guy that doesn't want our team to be noticed you sure talk about the cats alot, which led me to notice that subconsciously you may want our team to be noticed but you just haven't noticed that you want to be noticed yet. :popcorneater:

For a guy that doesn't want our team to be noticed you sure talk about the cats alot, which led me to notice that subconsciously you may want our team to be noticed but you just haven't noticed that you want to be noticed yet. :popcorneater:

Hi Mikey. I appreciate the notice that you noticed the notations being made. By you notifying the notifier, me, that inserting notations in a positive light notifies the opposition of my impending notice of approval of Bobcat football's progressive state is dully noted. However if you will notice the notifications, a position of humbleness has been noted in the notations. On a positive note; the lack of pigeon flopping has definitely been noticed and notice is hereby given that pigeon season will open early this year. Consider the notice delivered. :twisted:

Hi Mikey. I appreciate the notice that you noticed the notations being made. By you notifying the notifier, me, that inserting notations in a positive light notifies the opposition of my impending notice of approval of Bobcat football's progressive state is dully noted. However if you will notice the notifications, a position of humbleness has been noted in the notations. On a positive note; the lack of pigeon flopping has definitely been noticed and notice is hereby given that pigeon season will open early this year. Consider the notice delivered. :twisted:

Ha I'm glad you noticed. On second glance I noticed that there was some sort of humbleness in you notations.

As far as pigeon season goes, I won't be flopping my wings too much this season since the man is out of the lineup.

Well....I lost faith in ol' Murphy when I saw how "little" actual time he spends on this and how much he relies on a network of "good ol' boy imput.

Poor Murphy still thinks that the coach at Marshall County is Coach Mac.......(who he called a lot of times for help)

My prediction is this......the 4a winner will NOT come out of the east...."unless" there are so many cupcakes that the "winner" over has talent and has such a soft schedule....that they cakewalk to the finals......otherwise...????

4a ....??????

Edited by bulldog69

Well....I lost faith in ol' Murphy when I saw how "little" actual time he spends on this and how much he relies on a network of "good ol' boy imput.

Poor Murphy still thinks that the coach at Marshall County is Coach Mac.......(who he called a lot of times for help)

My prediction is this......the 4a winner will NOT come out of the east...."unless" there are so many cupcakes that the "winner" over has talent and has such a soft schedule....that they cakewalk to the finals......otherwise...????

4a ....??????

"Cakewalk to the finals"??? in 4A??? any winner from the east will have to move through Knoxville, Nashville and Chattanooga to get there. Greeneville had a fairly easy time with their conference play but still entered the play-offs with 3 non-conference losses and then marched through the "whole different kind of football" they play in Chattanooga and the "way more athletic" White's Creek team to give Mr Football all he could handle in the finals.I think they stand a purty good chance of gettin' there again.

i agree with barb... i think if you look at the Eastern postseason schedule that Greeneville faced, it was even tougher than the Western postseason schedule that Giles faced... and as far as i've seen, getting back to the topic of conversation on preseason teams, the greeneville squad is stacked with potential d-1 talent in players like Jamel Hall, BJ Spradlin, Ben Ogle, Chaz Story, Taylor Schuffler, and Terrell Rollins and newcomer senior Willy Carmichael. if this team doesnt go 8-2 to 10-0 regular season with tough non- conference games against Sully South and Elizabethton and Tennessee High and Jeff County in the mix, it still may be a disappointment. expect a tough but finished run through the postseason as well 5-0 in the 2010 playoffs, thats all that matters.

Greenbrier is a Top 10 caliber team this year. They return a lot from last year's team. I think they are deserving to be on this list. At the same time however this is still a very good list. All of those teams are going to be very good this season.

Is Greenbrier senior heavy? Who are the standouts?

Well,I guess I'll have to come down to the Greeneville vs Dobyns-Bennett scrimmage {tuesday the 10th at 6:00}and see what the number 1 team in the state looks like wearing a Devil on their helmets.I may catch a G-game for my class reunion in a few weeks,but will not be wearing the Green for this trip.This is a matchup that I would have paid any amount to see over the last few years in a for real game.It's going to be a hot one on and off the field,so I hope to give a little back to the program at the concession stand,{great food and drinks during the season}.This is one of the finest fields outside of J Fred,and it will be great to see my two favorite teams out there.I've seen the Indians take the field several times as the number 1 team,but never the Devils.

i agree with barb... i think if you look at the Eastern postseason schedule that Greeneville faced, it was even tougher than the Western postseason schedule that Giles faced... and as far as i've seen, getting back to the topic of conversation on preseason teams, the greeneville squad is stacked with potential d-1 talent in players like Jamel Hall, BJ Spradlin, Ben Ogle, Chaz Story, Taylor Schuffler, and Terrell Rollins and newcomer senior Willy Carmichael. if this team doesnt go 8-2 to 10-0 regular season with tough non- conference games against Sully South and Elizabethton and Tennessee High and Jeff County in the mix, it still may be a disappointment. expect a tough but finished run through the postseason as well 5-0 in the 2010 playoffs, thats all that matters.

Except for one little bitty tiny thing....GILES best Greeneville....sorry......the east has only been stacked in your minds.

I stand on my prediction

Edited by bulldog69