Marshall County Football Head Coaching Search

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turchetta has been all over the place coaching. He's been an assistant at various colleges most notably for Johnny Majors at Pitt. This is a really good hire for the Tigers. For those that said it would be tough to find a good coach this late, I think Marshall Co. may have just made one of the biggest hires of the off season. He might not be able to make that much of an impact before this season, but I expect a team that will improve as the season progresses and get back to the top in 4A.

Turchetta has been all over the place coaching. He's been an assistant at various colleges most notably for Johnny Majors at Pitt. This is a really good hire for the Tigers. For those that said it would be tough to find a good coach this late, I think Marshall Co. may have just made one of the biggest hires of the off season. He might not be able to make that much of an impact before this season, but I expect a team that will improve as the season progresses and get back to the top in 4A.

The man knows football and was a big help at Columbia.

There could be a snag in this hiring.Something about a teacher's certificate.(required by TSSAA for HEAD coaches-(assistants ok without one))we'll see

FYI:

No snag. He has an "Out of State Teacher's License" Code (67) per the Tennessee Dept of Education website.

It is good til 8/2011 and this type license can be renewed.

• 1 month later...