Murphy Fair 1a Preseason All-state

croz6110

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg have got all kind of young talent that will possibly be all-staters one day but that is the problem they haven't proved anything yet and if you want to be honest their is not too many that have proved anything anywhere. This is the problem we want to always give them something before they have earned it. I hope the Pirates have a whole team of all-state players who actually go out and prove that they are the best but we will probably get a couple who really do not. I am not trying to make anybody mad but I'm just being honest. Let the guys earn it and keep the politics and the backroom promises out of it and it will mean a whole lot more.

Gordonsville has a few linemen that will be 3 year starters that could definitely be o the list. And, they have one of the most athletic QB's in 1A.

I'll ask it a different way. What is the most player that Gordonsville has put on an All-State team for a single season? Three would be a lot.

Edited by rlh

South Pittsburg have got all kind of young talent that will possibly be all-staters one day but that is the problem they haven't proved anything yet and if you want to be honest their is not too many that have proved anything anywhere. This is the problem we want to always give them something before they have earned it. I hope the Pirates have a whole team of all-state players who actually go out and prove that they are the best but we will probably get a couple who really do not. I am not trying to make anybody mad but I'm just being honest. Let the guys earn it and keep the politics and the backroom promises out of it and it will mean a whole lot more.

Old Pirate says Mr.L is making sense here, OP agrees with NOT crowning any player or team the best until they've earned something first. Do agree that the Pirates are loaded when young talent and many will make ther marks given starting time and staying healthy.

I'll ask it a different way. What is the most player that Gordonsville has put on an All-State team for a single season? Three would be a lot.

To be honest, I don't know, but I think Gville should've had one more.

I'm pretty sure that Gville had 2 on an allstate team a couple of years ago, maybe three.

To be honest, I don't know, but I think Gville should've had one more.

I'm pretty sure that Gville had 2 on an allstate team a couple of years ago, maybe three.

I'd rather not see too many of our kids on the pre-season list. Its just one more thing to pump their heads up. The final all-state team is what matters.

Edited by rlh

tyler is 6'4" and about 235 and has a great pair of hands and his blocking is the best part of his game and they have used it alot more in his first three yrs but it seems like they are going to throw to him alot more this yr with a new offense in place!

---------------------------------------------------------

women health

I'd rather not see too many of our kids on the pre-season list. Its just one more thing to pump their heads up. The final all-state team is what matters.

I agree, but if a player has done enough the past couple of years to merit a little attention in the preseason, I'm for it.

I agree. :thumb: It can possibly drive a wedge between the individual and the team. On the other hand it can make some of these young men to strive to be better players. I wish they didn't put one out in preseason. Just my 2 cents. :)

I agree. :thumb: It can possibly drive a wedge between the individual and the team. On the other hand it can make some of these young men to strive to be better players. I wish they didn't put one out in preseason. Just my 2 cents. :)

Great point when you start playing for individual trophies instead of for the big gold football bad things tend to happen and your teammates tend to resent you too.