Cumberland co.

smhs06

I care because I graduated from cchs. My son grad from stone but cchs is my home!

It seems that by you starting the topic that you truly were interested in the program. The problem is that the truth is you started the topic to bad mouth our coach and talk about how terrible our program is. I think that if you ask some parents of players, you will get a generally positive response in regards to the job that Partin is doing. You lost all credibility in my eyes when you stated that Shultz was a good head coach. I dare say you could not find one parent with positive comment on the job he was doing. No one that cares about a school or football program could say, "1 -29, he is turning it around, give him another year." If you drove two and a half hours to Lincoln Co. to watch us losing by 50 at halftime, you would not be positive I assure you. If what you say about Stiles is true, I have worked with many people in my life that I didn't see eye to eye with and made it work. Partin has worked many years to get the chance to be a head coach and if he thinks his way is best and he wants to do the best he can do with that chance, I don't have a problem with that. The job of head coach is to set expectations for the assistant coaches and make sure that they adhere to those expectations. It is the same as being a supervisor at a factory. The boss gives direction, the subordinate follows those directions and if they fail to follow those directions, they have conflict and eventually that subordinate is looking for other employment. Maybe you have never been in a position where you supervised, I don't know. Try going to work tomorrow and telling your boss that you want to do things your way today. See how far that gets you.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that by you starting the topic that you truly were interested in the program. The problem is that the truth is you started the topic to bad mouth our coach and talk about how terrible our program is. I think that if you ask some parents of players, you will get a generally positive response in regards to the job that Partin is doing. You lost all credibility in my eyes when you stated that Shultz was a good head coach. I dare say you could not find one parent with positive comment on the job he was doing. No one that cares about a school or football program could say, "1 -29, he is turning it around, give him another year." If you drove two and a half hours to Lincoln Co. to watch us losing by 50 at halftime, you would not be positive I assure you. If what you say about Stiles is true, I have worked with many people in my life that I didn't see eye to eye with and made it work. Partin has worked many years to get the chance to be a head coach and if he thinks his way is best and he wants to do the best he can do with that chance, I don't have a problem with that. The job of head coach is to set expectations for the assistant coaches and make sure that they adhere to those expectations. It is the same as being a supervisor at a factory. The boss gives direction, the subordinate follows those directions and if they fail to follow those directions, they have conflict and eventually that subordinate is looking for other employment. Maybe you have never been in a position where you supervised, I don't know. Try going to work tomorrow and telling your boss that you want to do things your way today. See how far that gets you.

+1

Good ole Coach Stiles , I know him from his days up here in Cosby and Cocke County. I hope for his sake health isn't the only reason he quit. I always said football was the only thing keeping him alive. Was his boy still helping him down there? If any of you know him tell him we said hi and hope he's doing well.

Scrimaged South Doyle tonight. 4-2 CCHS. Each team had one big play for a score. The others were all down and distance scores. Cumberland is still without terryl and it looked like wesley lewis and tyler howard are still a litte dinged up. No major injuris for either team during the scrimage. Steven ran the offense well. It wouldnt surprise me to see him line up a t qb some during the season. Through the air and on the ground cchs moved the ball virtually at will. If they continue to build and grow this team could be a darkhorse in the district...

Scrimaged South Doyle tonight. 4-2 CCHS. Each team had one big play for a score. The others were all down and distance scores. Cumberland is still without terryl and it looked like wesley lewis and tyler howard are still a litte dinged up. No major injuris for either team during the scrimage. Steven ran the offense well. It wouldnt surprise me to see him line up a t qb some during the season. Through the air and on the ground cchs moved the ball virtually at will. If they continue to build and grow this team could be a darkhorse in the district...

So good any more scrimmages coming up id like to go check one out

Scrimmage tonight versus Campbell Co. and S. Doyle went well. Did a good job on the ground and through the air. Defense played strong also giving up only one score.

Thanks to all those with well wishes for our season. Good luck to all of you as well. Hopefully everyone has a safe and fun season.