Jefferson County

helment

Not a big student of Patriot football history I take it?

Just since the school was built in 70s. I remenber when it was big to start the season with Knox Carter and win. I remenber the good teams that got nowhere. It had to start with the 83 team that went undefeated to start a tradition. By the mid 80's, winning bacame expected!! This is what I speak of. You have to start somewhere and tonight could be it. No its not the biggest game we have ever played by itself, but when you look to where it could lead. Get the point!! I was there with Bible and Bales, Randy Miller, Collins, Jarnigan, mike rich, The Riley boys, wayne woods, smiley, the jennings family. dewight and avery huff, upton. I have been to Nashville 3 times for the state championships. I bleed true, supportive, Blue. Ive been here through good and bad. Dont talk to me about Patriot history when I have lived it as both player and fan. Now if you dont have something good to say. Then dont say it. can you tell you struck a nerve.

Edited by patpride1

Just since the school was built in 70s. I remenber when it was big to start the season with Knox Carter and win. I remenber the good teams that got nowhere. It had to start with the 83 team that went undefeated to start a tradition. By the mid 80's, winning bacame expected!! This is what I speak of. You have to start somewhere and tonight could be it. No its not the biggest game we have ever played by itself, but when you look to where it could lead. Get the point!! I was there with Bible and Bales, Randy Miller, Collins, Jarnigan, mike rich, The Riley boys, wayne woods, smiley, the jennings family. dewight and avery huff, upton. I have been to Nashville 3 times for the state championships. I bleed true, supportive, Blue. Ive been here through good and bad. Dont talk to me about Patriot history when I have lived it as both player and fan. Now if you dont have something good to say. Then dont say it. can you tell you struck a nerve.

Im a Patriot fan.I support the TEAM.I will support the coaching staff.I (and others) ring cowbells to shield the kids from negativity and show unconditional support to the kids.I wear support gear regardless of last years record. GO PATRIOTS !!! dvp4life

Then you should know better than to make an asinine comment like a regular season game against an out of region opponent could be one of the biggest games in Patriot history. Its a slap to the face the teams you talked about above.

BTW, you aren't the only one who has lived it. I've left blood, sweat, and tears on Leroy Shannon Field to make sure Patriot Pride means something.

Then you should know better than to make an asinine comment like a regular season game against an out of region opponent could be one of the biggest games in Patriot history. Its a slap to the face the teams you talked about above.

BTW, you aren't the only one who has lived it. I've left blood, sweat, and tears on Leroy Shannon Field to make sure Patriot Pride means something.

Ill give you some of that. Its out of region and all that stuff but it may be the snowball that gets this thing rolloing. Its real important to change our downward spiral. If you played, you know how the old momentum thing works.. This is what I meant. In 83, it started with that first win to go 10-0 which set the mark for others to strive for. I bet that Alcoa sets out to win every game, district or not, Thats how great teams become great. Every upcoming game is the most important. The next one, not the past ones!!!!! Sorry if I affended you no ill will intended Hope you are at game tonight pulling for pats.

It was not a pretty game. Hats off to Greeneville. They are really good. We helped them get started with fumbles, blown assignments on defense, and losing contain on their qb. I am a patriot fan. I support the players and coaches. However, I am confused. I thought the reason to move 10 was to get him the ball. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think he touched it all night. I realize he cramped up in the 3rd quarter and had to leave the game. I can't say it would have changed the outcome, but he never made a play. Offensive line is going to have to get better. This is a tough first three games. I am hoping to get better and get ready for Bearden. Does anyone know about the injury to 44?

It was not a pretty game. Hats off to Greeneville. They are really good. We helped them get started with fumbles, blown assignments on defense, and losing contain on their qb. I am a patriot fan. I support the players and coaches. However, I am confused. I thought the reason to move 10 was to get him the ball. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think he touched it all night. I realize he cramped up in the 3rd quarter and had to leave the game. I can't say it would have changed the outcome, but he never made a play. Offensive line is going to have to get better. This is a tough first three games. I am hoping to get better and get ready for Bearden. Does anyone know about the injury to 44?

Whats your take on the Devils after seeing them tonight tho?

They look like a #1 Team out there??? What about that Defense!!!

Congrads to Greeneville!!

Good Crowd and the Classy Dads from Greeneville that talked to Zack K (#44) who may be out for the season with a knee injury. We will know more later.

You all are a class act and many of our folks appreciated it. :thumb:

The early turnover on special teams and the bad punt gave the Greeneville O short fields for early scores.

That was the biggest hurt. As predicted, Special teams was the main difference.

Good score prediction on the folks that had it 35 to 7.

I wish Greeneville the Best of Luck with the rest of your season.

As for the Patriots:

With 25 seniors and 9 juniors there is no excuse for that many people to be playing Iron Man football in this weather (Heat and Humidity). We played WAY too many people both ways as we did last year early in the season and you will get the same results. Losses

Play calling was not the best. Screens, quick 3 yard “hot routes†and roll out passes will protect your QB and keep him from being sacked 7 times. If half of your O line and all of your receivers are starting on D and you Do NOT rotate them out with fresh people, I do not care how conditioned your players are, they WILL be gassed by the mid 3rd Quarter. (see the Greeneville mid Q3 TD Drive to make it 27 to 0) That is just the facts of Football at this level. If you only had 25 to 30 total players on the team I would understand. We have over 70, no excuse.

Players: You have the heart and determination to win. You did not cave to the pressure and kept fighting to stay in the game. You held them out of the endzone and to only 6 points in the second Quarter. Keep working hard and stay positive. You can beat Bearden. The key is stay together as a team. This was only one game in a 10 game season. Take them one at a time and do not dwell on the past. Victory shall be yours!!!!

Thank you to the parents and fans that asked for cowbells to ring. It was my pleasure as the boys know we are still pulling for them even when they are having a tough time.

Now, Get ready for Bearden.

Peace

Congrads to Greeneville!!

Good Crowd and the Classy Dads from Greeneville that talked to Zack K (#44) who may be out for the season with a knee injury. We will know more later.

You all are a class act and many of our folks appreciated it. :thumb:

The early turnover on special teams and the bad punt gave the Greeneville O short fields for early scores.

That was the biggest hurt. As predicted, Special teams was the main difference.

Good score prediction on the folks that had it 35 to 7.

I wish Greeneville the Best of Luck with the rest of your season.

As for the Patriots:

With 25 seniors and 9 juniors there is no excuse for that many people to be playing Iron Man football in this weather (Heat and Humidity). We played WAY too many people both ways as we did last year early in the season and you will get the same results. Losses

Play calling was not the best. Screens, quick 3 yard “hot routes†and roll out passes will protect your QB and keep him from being sacked 7 times. If half of your O line and all of your receivers are starting on D and you Do NOT rotate them out with fresh people, I do not care how conditioned your players are, they WILL be gassed by the mid 3rd Quarter. (see the Greeneville mid Q3 TD Drive to make it 27 to 0) That is just the facts of Football at this level. If you only had 25 to 30 total players on the team I would understand. We have over 70, no excuse.

Players: You have the heart and determination to win. You did not cave to the pressure and kept fighting to stay in the game. You held them out of the endzone and to only 6 points in the second Quarter. Keep working hard and stay positive. You can beat Bearden. The key is stay together as a team. This was only one game in a 10 game season. Take them one at a time and do not dwell on the past. Victory shall be yours!!!!

Thank you to the parents and fans that asked for cowbells to ring. It was my pleasure as the boys know we are still pulling for them even when they are having a tough time.

Now, Get ready for Bearden.

Peace

OH, I have to disagree with you about conditioning and players going both ways....Greeneville had players playing both ways all night and have played at a high level that way for YEARS. It will take several seasons for those 70+ players to produce the 30+ starters and quality reserves you need to compete without a large percentage of your players on both sides of the ball. The only thing that kept Greeneville out of the end-zone in the second quarter was dropped passes. JC did a pretty good job containing the run before the half but Carmichael did a pretty good job getting rid of the ball....Devil receivers are gonna have to step it up against South. If 2 or 3 catches had been made in this one, Greeneville could have easily put a couple more TD's on the board. I love the height of the Patriot D...would love to have a couple of those kids in the Devil secondary. The spread will come together for your boys. Keep up the great fan support.

OH, I have to disagree with you about conditioning and players going both ways....Greeneville had players playing both ways all night and have played at a high level that way for YEARS. It will take several seasons for those 70+ players to produce the 30+ starters and quality reserves you need to compete without a large percentage of your players on both sides of the ball. The only thing that kept Greeneville out of the end-zone in the second quarter was dropped passes. JC did a pretty good job containing the run before the half but Carmichael did a pretty good job getting rid of the ball....Devil receivers are gonna have to step it up against South. If 2 or 3 catches had been made in this one, Greeneville could have easily put a couple more TD's on the board. I love the height of the Patriot D...would love to have a couple of those kids in the Devil secondary. The spread will come together for your boys. Keep up the great fan support.

Thanks barb !

I understand your point on the both ways thing. I would just would like to see some breathers for the O linemen who have to move to the D. Chasing down your QB and RB was tiring to watch. ;)

Keep it real.

Peace

Greeneville is good. Like to see us out of the 3x3 and into 4x3 or something to get penetraton on D. I am concerned about some going both ways as much as they do. How do you expect 54 to play middle LB and Center for 4 quarters. He is a man in my book and has a heart of a champion. DK great moves and great game. Our offense will get better but I agree that 10 needs more touches. Quarterback needs time to throw!!!!!!!!!! We could not block their ends all night. Effort was good, but you could tell which team showed up expecting to win and which one had question mark?? Barb you are correct in the catching thing. JC also need practice in this field as we should have picked him off 2 times in which green came up with the ball to score. Greeneville-- great class. Good luck. JC lets work hard to beat Beardon.

Heres what I thought: Greeneville is very talented and deserved that win but Jefferson County never quit. Also, JC gave Greeneville WAY too many opprotunities. First drive, you all convert on 3 and 4 down. We fumble on the kickoff, you all convert on 3 down again. Its 14-0 before our offense has even seen the field. We cant do that and expect to win against a team like Greeneville. Our offense has work to do, and our defense played good give given the fact you all dominated top. Congrats to greeneville, though you all are a heck of a team