Jefferson County

helment

Anderson will get the group playing the game as a unit and get them back to winning. Everyone needs to back the coach and team, all the bickering and doubting, backstabbing does nothing but make the system work less and less. Put all energy into supporting and doing the things to motivate everyone that things can come together and make for a successful season.

Anderson will get the group playing the game as a unit and get them back to winning. Everyone needs to back the coach and team, all the bickering and doubting, backstabbing does nothing but make the system work less and less. Put all energy into supporting and doing the things to motivate everyone that things can come together and make for a successful season.

That is why I take a Cowbell and ring it.

If I ring a Cowbell, maybe I can drown out the haters who cuss at the kids and coaches during the game.

I ring it when we are on Defense and after a good play. It is neutral noise in that the players know someone is pulling for them.

After the games, on the boards, adding some constructive ideas is not bad, just throwing the baby out with the bathwater is dumb.

Beat Bearden, Go Patriots!!!!!!

Peace

Let me first say, I am NOT A COACH. I am a Football Fan of the Team and I have a son that plays for the Team. That is for full disclosure. If you have a problem with me personally, come see me and we can talk, like adult men, I am not hard to find. I have a Cowbell or two in my hands every Friday night, supporting the Team!!!!

Now, where to start on Friday’s game????? Well the fans were good, the band played well and The Riot kept the Sprits up. However, even More Cowbells ringing could not help make tackles, keep the D-line and Linebackers fresh and help the O-line sustain blocks.

I knew we were in for a long night when we get the ball first and get a delay of game penalty, on the first play. Really? On the 1st play? Many, many years ago, when I played football in high school, we had the first 3 or 4 plays called and scripted before we even started the game. The QB knew what the plays were and he just went out and ran the offense for that set of plays. It did not matter what happened, we just executed the plays, come what may.

Ok, I must say this, at some point in this season, we MUST teach someone besides Eric Cane to be a Center. That young man has a Heart bigger than the field of play, but he is not any good to us at Linebacker if he is going both ways. HELLO!!!!!!

I must also say that the players played their hearts out and did not quit. I am proud of you all and your efforts. Stay Positive, the real season starts next week vs the Smokey Bears. Take it one game at a time. Win next week and you will be in the driver’s seat moving toward the playoffs. Remember, you only need to finish 1st or 2nd in the district to guarantee a playoff spot.

So, what can we learn from the game? 1: Mr. Young is a legit D1 player. He runs down hill and keeps the legs moving, has cuts that make you think he is a hot knife going through butter. Class Act for the Bearden coach to call off the dogs in the 3rd quarter. 2: Our coaches are not making adjustments during the game. At 21 to 0, having 3 D linemen vs 5 O linemen is not working, call a time out and adjust. Blitz off the edge or do something to get some back field penetration. 3: We are not running the same offensive calls that we ran in the Jamboree. (I know Bearden is not Cherokee) 4: Moving #10 to full/tailback is not the best use of his skills. Pass/Pitch the ball to him in space and on the run so he can use the gifts God gave him. 5: Please learn from last year and ROTATE YOUR D-LINE with fresh players. You do not have to make whole sale changes, just one or 2 at a time for a couple of plays to give them a breather and build depth. 6: I am not a coach and my suggestions are just that, suggestions. I will support the team, win or loose. I love those young men and I pray they stay positive, healthy and win.

Go Patriots! More Cowbell!!

Peace

Edited by OHSgrad88

I made this comment on the IMAC board, but I thought our team looked unprepared and uninterested in the game. I agree with you OHS that 54 plays hard, but the rest of his mates do not. I must say OHS, the cow bells are very annoying when we are getting thrashed, but I do admire your spirit.

I'd say you're in for a very annoying season.....

To Barb and the rest of the Greeneville jackers, it is time for you to beat up on the rest of the cupcakes up there in the "super tough" BRAC. Your time on our boards is over. Move along, nothing left for you here. Good luck, hope you don't get any icing on your jerseys from the cupcakes

They, GHS still have to play to play Betsy and TN High. And being a small school they get to play in their own division, sorta of neat isn't it. To think your great big school would be just second in the cupcake league and I will wait a few weeks before I declare you 3rd. Gotta watch out for the WG Buffs (A former Pat, Joe Case doing one heck of a job) upsetting you guys on paper. Having said that, I think you have a good Coach and I pull for Jeff every week except against the Devils. Go 8-2.

Interesting, BRAC cupcake South Greene (3A) beat IMAC animal Cocke County (5A) badly and it is a down year for the Rebs probably.

Edited by noonesfool

They, GHS still have to play to play Betsy and TN High. And being a small school they get to play in their own division, sorta of neat isn't it. To think your great big school would be just second in the cupcake league and I will wait a few weeks before I declare you 3rd. Gotta watch out for the WG Buffs (A former Pat, Joe Case doing one heck of a job) upsetting you guys on paper. Having said that, I think you have a good Coach and I pull for Jeff every week except against the Devils. Go 8-2.

Interesting, BRAC cupcake South Greene (3A) beat IMAC animal Cocke County (5A) badly and it is a down year for the Rebs probably.

Thanks coach, obviously ol smash hasn't seen how the good' ol IMAC fared last night. Sevier County looks to be the class of the conference.

What is wrong with Jefferson County? I have not seen them play but I have heard that they have really good talent. So whats the problem?

They have several very talented skill players but too many horses playing both ways without proper conditioning. As a die-hard Devil Fan, I can tell you that plenty of great teams have athletes that play on both sides of the ball every game and prepare themselves both mentally and physically year round. JC either needs to find a way to put more quality bodies on the field or get the bodies they have ready to play iron-man football. It ain't rocket science...