Division II A

Footballer69

Well the season is almost here and myself and many others where wondering who the best in D-II A is?? Knox Webb won it easily last year dominating everyone they played in the play offs even the favorite ECS. So what does this year have in store for us?

Davidson has Justin Williams back. Might make a difference. Younger brother Jordan is going both ways as well. Have to wait and see how it turns out.

Does Memphis having anything except ECS? St george through rebuilding? Harding? SBEC?

Knox Webb graduated several starters from last years state championship team. Heavy losses in both lines, all LBs and 3 of 4 DBs. All offensive skill players return from last year except WR.

Several JV players who played sparingly in varsity games last year will all have to step up. QB and RBs are very, very good but can they put a OL together that can block as a unit? Defense will be a complete makeover with only 3 or so returning starters. There is some talent on that side and a couple a freshman who will be counted on.

They will find out a lot on Tuesday when they scrimmage state power Maryville!

Justin Williams tore his ACL last year and might not be back to 100 percent for the season and as for Jordan WIlliams he is the 3rd string back. They have a stud power back named Aubrey Dixon who took over at RB after Williams got hurt last year. Also interested to see how DCA and FRA do this year. DCA played in the region championship last year and lost a hard fought game to webb on arguably DCA's worst offensive night of the year and they have every skilled starter back and a good looking young line. And for FRA they still have Maitland and rumor has it they beat Davidson friday at their scrimmage.

Justin Williams tore his ACL last year and might not be back to 100 percent for the season and as for Jordan WIlliams he is the 3rd string back. They have a stud power back named Aubrey Dixon who took over at RB after Williams got hurt last year. Also interested to see how DCA and FRA do this year. DCA played in the region championship last year and lost a hard fought game to webb on arguably DCA's worst offensive night of the year and they have every skilled starter back and a good looking young line. And for FRA they still have Maitland and rumor has it they beat Davidson friday at their scrimmage.

Justin is back all right. Also Justin and Aubrey did not play much at the FRA practice. Justin scored three of his 5 carries. Will not see a lot Justin and Aubrey in the preseason. Aubrey is so important at LB and Justin at RB. Also 1st team offense and defense were mostly skilled postions freshmen and sophs. Got to get them some reps.

DA is like Webb, rebuilding after a lot of great lineman graduated. I hear DCA and FACS are rebuilding as well.

Does anyone know what has happened to st george, harding, jackson christian SBEC and others? even bishop byrnes? how long before they rebuild?

thanks if anyone knows out there.

Edited by DIVISIONII

I heard they didn't play because Justin, Aubrey and Jordan got hurt. Also, don't really know much about the west this year USJ will probably be pretty good again along with Jackson Christian. Does anyone know when any big games are this year? any of them early in the season?

I suspect you're right about USJ and JCS both being good this year. My guess is that JCS makes a nice jump from what was already a decent squad. St. George's should be pretty solid if not really good, I think. They lost some but some young guys progressed during the year last year. Harding was ridiculously young last year but you could see some talent that was just overwhelmed with inexperience. I don't know how high a jump is possible but they should improve dramatically. SBEC lost a LOT. They'll be as green as Harding was last year. I honestly don't know about ECS. I know they lost some seniors but they had some pretty good underclassmen skill guys last year. I suspect they'll be pretty solid if maybe not quite as big as last year. I suspect FACS will drop off some, too.

Glad to hear Justin is back and ready to go. Hate to see kids get hurt.

Edited by Trojan Fan

r...Got hurt in Davidson's first scrimmage game heard he has an ACL injury to the opposite leg of which he hurt last year...

Man that is just horrible news if true. I was really hoping to get a chance to see him play this fall when DA travels to Knox Webb. What a shame, no kid should have to deal with injuries the way he has over the past 2 years.

Justin is back all right. Also Justin and Aubrey did not play much at the FRA practice. Justin scored three of his 5 carries. Will not see a lot Justin and Aubrey in the preseason. Aubrey is so important at LB and Justin at RB. Also 1st team offense and defense were mostly skilled postions freshmen and sophs. Got to get them some reps.

DA is like Webb, rebuilding after a lot of great lineman graduated. I hear DCA and FACS are rebuilding as well.

Does anyone know what has happened to st george, harding, jackson christian SBEC and others? even bishop byrnes? how long before they rebuild?

thanks if anyone knows out there.

Div II whats the deal. Did Williams get injured again? I know you know. :?:

Div II whats the deal. Did Williams get injured again? I know you know. :?:

Took a helment above the left knee on the side in two a days. It is sore but he has green light and the coaches being conserative with him and others. He is looking forward to a great year. Just want to keep the cardio up. Like with any team, that first week of hitting can bruise some players up.

Good to hear that Memphis is rebuilding again. I would think that St. George would not be down for long with their coaching staff. Miss the old days of SBEC and those guys being on the top of their game. I know in the old days that SBEC had a reputation to be BIG HITTERS. Hope they and others continue to rebuild. Best to everyone.