Division II A

Footballer69

So what are we supposed to do about how unfair it is?

Yep, DA beat Webb last year fair and square. Can't argue with that one bit... and I'm pretty sure that win didn't get DA a gold ball.

This whole thread just underscores the inequity of the existence of Division II. And because football requires so many more players, the issue is a little more urgent here. If you imagine one of the smallest schools in Div II playing a steady diet of MBA, BA, Ensworth, et al, not only are you looking at some real scoreboard disasters, but also a much greater potential for injury, given the disparity in depth.

I'm not really sure what the answer is. I think Div II is the solution to a problem (recruiting) that no one ever proved existed. And to punish expensive private schools for providing financial aid with the goal of diversifying its student body is clearly unfair. The idea of "Separate but equal" fell out of favor over half a century ago. And while the TSSAA is a voluntary body in a way that the Topeka Board of Education wasn't, and denial of am adequate education is a much more serious issue than having one's football team being forced to compete in something on apr with a small "house league," the general principles underlying them seem awfully similar.

The solution? Three divisions of 16 districts, the winner of each goes to the playoffs. And if you can prove someone is recruiting, you suspend their entire athletic program for a year. (It's apples and oranges, but Cameron was suspended for a year in the 60's over dangerous fan behavior. When they were allowed to compete again, their followers were much better behaved.) A state championship will actually have meaning at that point.

OK, time for my meds and the canvas sportcoat.

Springfield 3 scores to FRA 0

FRA ran the option well, and played hard all evening. Springfield scored on two big plays and intercepted the ball and took to the 1 foot line. The CPA scrimmage helped the jackets prepare for this one. FRA has two good looking LBs and a stud at nose guard.

Springfield 21 to CPA 17

Not sure if CPA is D-II A, but they are pretty good passing that ball. Was impressed with their defense and offensive passing game.

I got to see USJ last night against Jackson NS. USJ struggled big time with NS's speed. USJ lost 14-0 in 2 quarters. You could tell that USJ lost alot off of last years team. USJ lost Preston Overbey, Dusty Bright, and the Martindale boy. They also lost McWherter on the OLine as well. Jake Overbey is still at QB, but he doesn't have the caliber of WR's he had last year.

So why should Webb get to have 200 more kids in their high-school? Schools like Davidson, Dca, FRA, EHCS all do it with 200 kids in their high school and only half of them boys. Webb dropped down so they could win state and everyone knows it. They said it themselves. I believe after the 2012 season they are moving back up? Did they want their glory boys (blance brothers) to have a chance to win it or something? Screw Webb. Play with school's that have the same enrollment. And as for roster numbers Webb and ECS had the most players. So i don't know why your saying only 2 schools had more players? name them then. Webb doesn't do more with less...they do more with more.

Wow Footballer69 your lack of knowledge and your jealousy is really showing!

The Tennessean picks Knoxville Webb to win the state championship this season. :D

yeah my boys r ready to roll. lost a lot of players from last year with bout 5 all state. line is steppin up an coming together. speed kills. as for winning state i dont know cuz they only got 40 players an no depth. so if they have some get hurt gonna be tuff.