Division II A

Footballer69

haha, where should i be looking to eat before the game. anything "hole in the wall" that i should know about?

I would highly recommend getting here early enough to get off of I-40 at exit 373 (Campbell Station Rd. turn right off exit and then look for Parkside Drive and turn left) or 374 (Lovell Rd. turn right off exit and then look for Parkside Drive and turn right) and go to the Turkey Creek development that is right along-side the interstate. There is probably close to 100 places to eat. One of my favorites there is 5 Guys Burgers. You will see a ton of choices there but the burgers at 5 Guys are really good. Exit 376 is where you'll get off to go to Webb so it's convenient too. The holes in the wall kinda places are sprinkled around Knoxville and I could suggest a few but they will most likely not be in West Knoxville and kinda out of the way.

Hope you and the rest of the DA folks have a safe trip to and from. Looking forward to a great game!

I would highly recommend getting here early enough to get off of I-40 at exit 373 (Campbell Station Rd. turn right off exit and then look for Parkside Drive and turn left) or 374 (Lovell Rd. turn right off exit and then look for Parkside Drive and turn right) and go to the Turkey Creek development that is right along-side the interstate. There is probably close to 100 places to eat. One of my favorites there is 5 Guys Burgers. You will see a ton of choices there but the burgers at 5 Guys are really good. Exit 376 is where you'll get off to go to Webb so it's convenient too. The holes in the wall kinda places are sprinkled around Knoxville and I could suggest a few but they will most likely not be in West Knoxville and kinda out of the way.

Hope you and the rest of the DA folks have a safe trip to and from. Looking forward to a great game!

Well thank you. Might have to stop and try a burger. Can't wait to be up there. It's getting to that exciting time of year and I can not wait for kick off. See you guys there and best of luck!

Edited by duece253

well it's almost game time! my spartans better be ready cause DA will bring it! they got a great rb who can flat out play. will my spartans be ready to play a complete game? c'mon yall this is DA. you owe them a little payback from last year. should be a great game and i plan to be in town to check it out. DA took it to us last year especially there o and d lines. payback time let's go!

well it's almost game time! my spartans better be ready cause DA will bring it! they got a great rb who can flat out play. will my spartans be ready to play a complete game? c'mon yall this is DA. you owe them a little payback from last year. should be a great game and i plan to be in town to check it out. DA took it to us last year especially there o and d lines. payback time let's go!

Well as far as Line goes DA is way down. small on both sides of the line save for #65 C/NG. should be a BIG win for webb. :hungry:

NICE POST...DA WILL GO 2 KNOXVILLE AND HANDLE THEM...WEBB BARELY GOT BY FRA TODAY AN GAVE UP ALMOST 300 RUSHINGS..JUST WAIT TILL THE BEARS COME TO TOWN

looks like my spartans handled the bears last night. it was my spartans who ran for 300 yds and that was without our #1 rb who has missed the last 3 games. we waited for the bears and handled them

If brackets hold true, it looks like the bottom half of the playoffs will be a killer:

Knox Webb, ECS, USJ all on bottom half with St. George's and Davidson in top half.

I would say St. George's has a good shot at finals from top half - can USJ or ECS play with Webb?

Good question. It may not be a popular comment but I honestly think the West is down a little this year overall from last. St. George's is probably the only team I'd say was definitively better than last year based on performance and who they brought back but they've had very, very tight games with ECS, USJ, and SBEC. Last night's complete dismantling of FACS notwithstanding, I'd say the top of the West is very even. I guess I should also say Harding is improved over last year but they aren't the threat to win it all that ECS, SGIS, or USJ are...maybe JCS is a bit better than last year but after losing in what can only be called an upset to Harding last night, I'm not sure I'd even say they're improved that much...maybe about equal to last year.

Considering that Webb seems to be steamrolling this year AND considering they won definitively over ECS last year and just hammered USJ? I see no way that anyone is the favorite over Webb at this point. Before somebody gets all testy with me and say you still have to play the games...I know...just giving an opinion based on what I've surmised so far.

I have to wonder if the East is down just a touch, too. I know Davidson lost a ton from last year. DCA doesn't appear to be better than last year. Is FRA, maybe? Zion about the same. Ezell maybe a hair better? Webb folks, how would this year's Webb team fare vs. last year's Webb team? Was last year a little better?

I'll say watch for ECS from the West as maybe something of a dark horse if you can call a team that who likely wins their division and gets a first round bye. They've had a really tough year with tragedy, injuries, a brand new coach and style of play...really gone through some adversity. IF Will Jamison and a couple of other key players get healthy for the playoffs?...they could be really tough. Their speed is better than last year to me (when healthy) and their sophomore QB (playing while Jamison is out) has added a passing game dimension that's actually a little more explosive than last year, I think. I wonder if he may stay at QB with Will being another speed skill guy they'll put on the edge if he comes back.

The 3 west teams you noted, ECS, St. George's, and USJ are the 3 that are definitely the top 3. Not sure I can see another west squad getting to the semis without an upset and would be really, really surprised to see another west team in the finals outside of those 3.

Edited by Trojan Fan

Webb folks, how would this year's Webb team fare vs. last year's Webb team? Was last year a little better?

Trojan Fan... the comparison between last year's Webb and this year's Webb teams is an interesting comparision.

This year's Webb team has pretty much the same skill players on offense as last year except for the loss of a senior RB and senior WR who still contributed in an offense that was dominated by the Blance brothers in terms of opportunities.

This year's Webb team had to almost completely rebuild their offensive line due to graduation with only one proven starter returning. They have managed to fill those losses and have gotten better as the season has played out. Right now their O-line is playing well as a unit.

On the defensive side of the ball, this year's Webb team has had to really rebuild as they lost all but two lineman and all LBs. They also graduated 3 out of 4 DBs, two of which were all-state Safeties. I've been very impressed with how the coaching staff has put together a very good defense that returned only 3-4 experienced starters.

As for which team is better, it is really hard to say at this point. Both teams were impressive against out of division competition. Last year's Webb team lost to DA in a close game played on a very muddy field that really hurt their speed on offense. This year's Webb team is undefeated to this point with one game remaining against DCA. However, I'm not sure this year's Webb team could go down to Memphis and dominate last year's ECS team, or USJ for that matter, the way last year's Webb team did. Last year's Webb team was very, very good at defending the pass with their experienced DBs. This year's Webb team is very young in the secondary and a good passing team could present them problems.

We'll have to wait and see how they do in the playoffs before we can say if this year's Webb is better than last years Webb. Last year's Webb was a very special team with a very talented group of 18 seniors with a dozen or so of them playing together all the way from youth football since they were 9 years old.

This year's Webb has some very talented players. They will lose a few to graduation and will once again have to rebuild their lines for the most part. However, they will return all skill players on offense except QB and will return 8 starters on defense, so I expect they'll be potentially better next year if they can get their lines rebuilt.