Division II A

Footballer69

Both AD's from ECS and Webb stated in the annual meeting that they were not staying in DIIA and eventually will move back up.

That's a little different than stating they were going to stay down to win some State titles and then move up to DII-AA... I would find it hard to believe any AD would say something like that at an Annual Meeting. Perhaps they are actually considering a move up for reasons other than what you said.

That's a little different than stating they were going to stay down to win some State titles and then move up to DII-AA... I would find it hard to believe any AD would say something like that at an Annual Meeting. Perhaps they are actually considering a move up for reasons other than what you said.

Ok, so what I was told by an AD in the room is that it was stated they would eventually move back up. In a side conversation, not for the entire room to hear, it was stated they dropped down to win some state titles.

USJ is scrimmaging Humboldt tomorrow night at USJ. Does anyone know the time?

My understanding is that the scrimmage is at 7:00. Football scrimmage along with soccer scrimmage is part of a back to school bash for the entire school that runs 5-8 - will be lots of people there.

As far as Webb discussion - they did not "drop" down to single A - that is where they were classified by enrollment. If they choose to "move up" to double A, that is their choice but to say they are playing "down" in single A is missing the point......although after the State Championship game last year, I was wishing they had "chosen" to stay AA <_<

So what are we supposed to do about how unfair it is?

Yep, DA beat Webb last year fair and square. Can't argue with that one bit... and I'm pretty sure that win didn't get DA a gold ball.

If watering down the field to slow down Webb's speed is fair and square....then yes your right haha. Webb will have about 35 kids on their roster this year so stop complaining just because they are the better team.

Ok, so what I was told by an AD in the room is that it was stated they would eventually move back up. In a side conversation, not for the entire room to hear, it was stated they dropped down to win some state titles.

Not doubting that you were told that, but I find it very hard to believe that a reputable AD would say such a thing, even in a side conversation. I know the former AD for ECS, which was the AD at the time this decision was made, and he is a very reputable man.

If watering down the field to slow down Webb's speed is fair and square....then yes your right haha. Webb will have about 35 kids on their roster this year so stop complaining just because they are the better team.

Baseballer10... I'm not the one who's complaining. If you'll read what I've posted in this thread I don't think I leave any doubt who my team is.

You're right... the field at DA last season was ridiculous. Still can't understand how the grass areas around the field and school were firm while the field was completely soaked and muddy. That's a whole other story that has been debated last year. Anyway, you can bet Webb will have their field cut low and very firm when DA comes to town this season! :thumb:

Edited by PowerSweep

I seriously doubt that Davidson watered their field. Nashville does get alot of rain during football season. I think Webb fans made this up as an excuse because they simply got outplayed. I understand that Webb doesn't lose alot or whatever and doesn't know how to deal with it but rule number one is don't under mind your opponent and making a statement like that against their school and the head coach is a personal attack. I'm interested to see Webb play this year. Can't wait for the webb v. Da game and webb v. DCA GAME

My understanding is that the scrimmage is at 7:00. Football scrimmage along with soccer scrimmage is part of a back to school bash for the entire school that runs 5-8 - will be lots of people there.

As far as Webb discussion - they did not "drop" down to single A - that is where they were classified by enrollment. If they choose to "move up" to double A, that is their choice but to say they are playing "down" in single A is missing the point......although after the State Championship game last year, I was wishing they had "chosen" to stay AA <_<

How did the scrimmage turn out between Humboldt and USJ?

Edited by zebra99

How did the scrimmage turn out between Humboldt and USJ?

USJ 2-0 with starters. I am not for sure you can guage a team by one scrimmage, but thought defense looked good. Receivers dropped some passes in the first series that would have easily given us another score. Hey, it was Friday night - it was football....it's all good !

USJ 2-0 with starters. I am not for sure you can guage a team by one scrimmage, but thought defense looked good. Receivers dropped some passes in the first series that would have easily given us another score. Hey, it was Friday night - it was football....it's all good !

I agree with you. I never put much into scrimmages but USJ will be tough this year! They have alot of players back and will make a deep run in the playoffs! I think Humboldt will make a run this year as well. It all depends on Humboldt's QB. Have a great season! :thumb: