Division II A

Footballer69

The fact is that Webb beat 3 teams to finish their state championship run that had more numbers than they did. So with only two divisions in DII it is what it is.

What 3 teams? ECS is bigger then Webb but who else?

Webb has 100, 200 and even 300 more kids in the high school then almost every team they play. Webb has more kids then BGA, Ensworth and Brentwood Academy. I guess its a good thing for everyone in single A that those guys decided to play in AA

So why should Webb get to have 200 more kids in their high-school? Schools like Davidson, Dca, FRA, EHCS all do it with 200 kids in their high school and only half of them boys. Webb dropped down so they could win state and everyone knows it. They said it themselves. I believe after the 2012 season they are moving back up? Did they want their glory boys (blance brothers) to have a chance to win it or something? Screw Webb. Play with school's that have the same enrollment. And as for roster numbers Webb and ECS had the most players. So i don't know why your saying only 2 schools had more players? name them then. Webb doesn't do more with less...they do more with more.

I named them already in my previous post...

They dropped down because the TSSAA set the classification limits and Webb fell to DII-A. Sure they could have elected to play up but didn't. It's not like they are scared of competition or anything. They competed with and beat some of the teams in the current DII-AA in the past 5 years or so and have beaten every 4A and 5A public school they have played the past 10 years, look it up. Who has DA played ?

I'd like to see where anyone from Webb said they elected not to play up in DII-AA because they wanted to win state. Sounds to me like the reorganization has rained on DAs parade of state championships by bringing them some competition in the name of Webb, ECS and both Jackson schools.

So why do you call the Blance brothers "Glory Boys"?

Sounds to me like the reorganization has rained on DAs parade of state championships by bringing them some competition in the name of Webb, ECS and both Jackson schools.

Im no Davidson fan but Davidson only has 260 kids in their school. Thats 200 less then Webb and about 250 less then ECS. Forcing them to play schools twice their size isnt really a fair way of bringing them competition. And im pretty sure DA beat Webb.

Im no Davidson fan but Davidson only has 260 kids in their school. Thats 200 less then Webb and about 250 less then ECS. Forcing them to play schools twice their size isnt really a fair way of bringing them competition. And im pretty sure DA beat Webb.

So what are we supposed to do about how unfair it is?

Yep, DA beat Webb last year fair and square. Can't argue with that one bit... and I'm pretty sure that win didn't get DA a gold ball.

I suspect you're right about USJ and JCS both being good this year. My guess is that JCS makes a nice jump from what was already a decent squad. St. George's should be pretty solid if not really good, I think. They lost some but some young guys progressed during the year last year. Harding was ridiculously young last year but you could see some talent that was just overwhelmed with inexperience. I don't know how high a jump is possible but they should improve dramatically. SBEC lost a LOT. They'll be as green as Harding was last year. I honestly don't know about ECS. I know they lost some seniors but they had some pretty good underclassmen skill guys last year. I suspect they'll be pretty solid if maybe not quite as big as last year. I suspect FACS will drop off some, too.

Glad to hear Justin is back and ready to go. Hate to see kids get hurt.

USJ is scrimmaging Humboldt tomorrow night at USJ. Does anyone know the time?

Webb probably is glad that they are in the lower divison because they can actually win the title in it. And i'm no DA fan either but from what i heard they physically owned webb last year and Webb got to go play in the west side of the bracket in the playoffs. I guarentee KNOX WEBB will not win state this year. Not even the region.