Dobyns Bennett vs Farragut

BatmanDB

I definitely think having more options will help Chris out this year.It will not take defenses long to look at everyone and not key on him so much.In turn,just like having a passing game,it will open the field up for him .I hope we have a passing game to boot,that will open everything up and be really nice.

True or not.... he's going to get his yards as the game goes on. Oh yeah, and i believe he's the all time rush leader at DB. Somebody always mentions they did'nt keep track of yardage when Cifers and that bunch played but come on, could those guys play now? Chris has been and is a great player and will continue to be despite what he accomplishes this year. He's going to get an Education playing football and that's great in itself. Hopefully at The University of Tennessee. So for them to be upset, should'nt be the case. I'm sure coach Clark has the I-Formation in his playbook, because were going to need it some. I hope Clark will pass the ball to Chris and let him show that ability as well. Let's all be happy that we've got the players that can do everything well. And with that,Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could Cifers play now?!?!? Yes, he's one of a hand full of SEC/NFL RB's from the 1940's who could still play the game at that level today. Not many HS running backs could win state championships in both the low and high hurdles as well as the shot and discus just as a fun activity to stay in shape during the football off season. Cifers was a 5'11", 200lbs guy who ran a legit 4.4 forty, had an uncanny agility, speed and power combination who is the TSSAA Track Athlete of The 20th Century and would have been a Heisman contender his senior year at UT if not for WWII cutting his college career short.

Chris is a talented, well mannered, intelligent kid who I think will have a tremendous senior season. This new offense should benefit Chris and highlight his abilities which IMO are perfectly suited for the fullback position in the flex offense. I still think Chris can play OLB at the major college level and look forward to seeing him on both sides of the ball this year. Roll Tribe!

I've been hearing the band in the back of my mind all day.I'm ready for the walk and see what we have this year!!Nomatter how good or not that we look thursay,it's just one game. It's only been two years ago since we were number 1 in the state and undefeated going into the Mcminn game.I think Sevier County was in that position last year and Farragut started the season at Number one I believe last year.We have plenty of reminders all around to stay level headed if we look great,but know it's a long season to grow if we don't.

Could Cifers play now?!?!? Yes, he's one of a hand full of SEC/NFL RB's from the 1940's who could still play the game at that level today. Not many HS running backs could win state championships in both the low and high hurdles as well as the shot and discus just as a fun activity to stay in shape during the football off season. Cifers was a 5'11", 200lbs guy who ran a legit 4.4 forty, had an uncanny agility, speed and power combination who is the TSSAA Track Athlete of The 20th Century and would have been a Heisman contender his senior year at UT if not for WWII cutting his college career short.

Chris is a talented, well mannered, intelligent kid who I think will have a tremendous senior season. This new offense should benefit Chris and highlight his abilities which IMO are perfectly suited for the fullback position in the flex offense. I still think Chris can play OLB at the major college level and look forward to seeing him on both sides of the ball this year. Roll Tribe!

Glad to see another Indian fan on hear. I was hoping someone with some knowledge of the Cifer's days would show up. Some of the games and teams these guys played were unbeleivable. They even played small colleges and took them to the wood shed. So much for the not playing in your classification theory,huh?Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you that Chris has more yardage this season than any other single season he has had, with half the carries and a lot less beating than he has had to take game after game in the past.

Agreed. Run the option system and see how it goes.

By the way, good to hear from you.

Anyone know just how ''banged up'' Cannon is? thats a very big chunk of offense and defense out for tonight if he's not playing.

I don't have the update,but was told before the Greeneville scrimmage that he was hurt but he played anyway.That would be a big chunk.People that are talking all the big talk need to allso remember that we have a lot of new players at some very keys positions and it may take a while to grow up.

Anyone know just how ''banged up'' Cannon is? thats a very big chunk of offense and defense out for tonight if he's not playing.

HE will be limited to Defense most likely due to the fact that Seabolt will be going both ways, He will rotate at coner & safety most likely. With the" Pony Express" hopefully his services on offense wont be needed.

I haven't seen any posts on special teams? That's what Wins Ballgames?

Good luck tonight Indians. ThIs rebel is pulling for u tonight, may even try to get up to j Fred. I can't make myself wear maroon and grey but I'll be cheering u on either from the stands or listening at home. Good health and safe travel to all those who take part in tonights ball game.

Wear your Blue and come on over.I'll probably wear my DB replica jersey to the South game that I had on for all the DB games last year.I can understand what your saying,the DB website with the coaches wearing the grey shows up baby blue and I can't hardly stand it.

HE will be limited to Defense most likely due to the fact that Seabolt will be going both ways, He will rotate at coner & safety most likely. With the" Pony Express" hopefully his services on offense wont be needed.

I haven't seen any posts on special teams? That's what Wins Ballgames?

Homey!! What's cookin? I can't wait to see #8 Devon (Dee-Bo) Swafford get in the open field. He is going to be something else.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay