Greeneville @ Jeff. County

waltersstate

I LOVE the Greeneville confidence.

Your team is STUD and you know it.

#1 in the state and that is a well deserved rank.

You have many weapons returning and your young men should be primed and ready. I have seen some of your players at combines over the summer and they were impressive. And my son worked out with some of your players over the summer and I know your crew of D-linemen were fast and strong.

Big thing is can the team handle the lights, camera action of the first road game of the season and playing in DV. I am just glad the game is played at Jeff this year. Maybe we can get a few bounces to go our way and keep it close.

No prediction from me yet. Just need to see if Jeff can get a couple of players healthy before the 20th.

Peace

I LOVE the Greeneville confidence.

Your team is STUD and you know it.

#1 in the state and that is a well deserved rank.

You have many weapons returning and your young men should be primed and ready. I have seen some of your players at combines over the summer and they were impressive. And my son worked out with some of your players over the summer and I know your crew of D-linemen were fast and strong.

Big thing is can the team handle the lights, camera action of the first road game of the season and playing in DV. I am just glad the game is played at Jeff this year. Maybe we can get a few bounces to go our way and keep it close.

No prediction from me yet. Just need to see if Jeff can get a couple of players healthy before the 20th.

Peace

Hey this team handled the "lights, camera, action" of a state championship game. I'm pretty sure they can handle playing in Dumplin' Valley so long as you guys don't let the cows graze on the field after a good rain...that, and some good 'ol 5 rivers officiating might get you those bounces.

Have they posted the schedule and times for the BRAC Jamboree Friday?

This was posted on a different post but here it goes.

Friday night @ Burley Stadium @ 5:00:

1st Quarter: South Greene vs. Cumberland Gap

2nd Quarter: Greeneville vs. Grainger

Halftime Competitions

3rd Quarter: West Greene vs. Claiborne

4th Quarter: Chuckey Doak vs. North Greene

I said if they stop the QB they will cruise to a victory. Seeing that he will be the best player they will probably play all season. Tennessee high and besty will not be as good as Jeff. Both teams lost pretty much all starters. An Experienced team will usually win over a rebuilding team.

Wouldn't Greeneville be the experienced team and Jeff be the rebuilding team in this situation? And maybe I already assumed the Devils would stop the Pats QB. I'm sticking with my guns and a one touchdown more score than you. Devils "cruise to victory" 35-7.

This was posted on a different post but here it goes.

Friday night @ Burley Stadium @ 5:00:

1st Quarter: South Greene vs. Cumberland Gap

2nd Quarter: Greeneville vs. Grainger

Halftime Competitions

3rd Quarter: West Greene vs. Claiborne

4th Quarter: Chuckey Doak vs. North Greene

i say devils will run the table in the halftime competitions

You guys must not be paying attention to other teams.... Jeff Co will be the toughest regular season team the devils will play. They return around 17 starters and an amazing athlete at QB. If the devils stop him than they will cruise to a victory. Greeneville has too much speed on offense so they will still score big. My prediction is G ville 28, Jeff 7. but the game will not be a cake walk for the devils.

I don't know if Jeff CO will be any tougher than a couple of teams,but the schedule is perfect with two tough 5A teams,A fine Elizabethton team and Jeff county in the mix.If Jeff county gets back to their normal level of play,they are a beast for anyone.I seen them twice a couple of years ago and they are not a team to overlook if the Devils are looking for perfect record to ride into the playoffs.

I don't know if Jeff CO will be any tougher than a couple of teams,but the schedule is perfect with two tough 5A teams,A fine Elizabethton team and Jeff county in the mix.If Jeff county gets back to their normal level of play,they are a beast for anyone.I seen them twice a couple of years ago and they are not a team to overlook if the Devils are looking for perfect record to ride into the playoffs.

For several years now, Jeff Co has seemed to be a team looking for an identity. Tabling the veer in favor of the spread should help them take advantage of their speed. You are right though, JC is not a team to be overlooked....seems like I recall they bit us on the butt a time or 2 when we weren't expecting it.

For several years now, Jeff Co has seemed to be a team looking for an identity. Tabling the veer in favor of the spread should help them take advantage of their speed. You are right though, JC is not a team to be overlooked....seems like I recall they bit us on the butt a time or 2 when we weren't expecting it.

I went to the SH scrimmage and was impressed for the most part.... The DEFENCE was a little off.. I will be interested to see what tomorrow brings with DB.....

I went to the SH scrimmage and was impressed for the most part.... The DEFENCE was a little off.. I will be interested to see what tomorrow brings with DB.....

I use to have a hard time making the Indians understand what it is for Greeneville or anyone in this area to line up against them.I've told them again this year that this will be the hardest some of them may ever get hit.Pound for Pound,the boys from Greeneville are just tough and strong.That goes for the little ones on up to the monsters that have come out of Greeneville.DB is the same up here as Greeneville is in Greene county {hated}.It's simple because many of our fans will point out the obvious,both have better facilities and beat up on most everyone around.I don't like either team playing kids that shouldn't be in that position and find no joy in some of the matchups.I do like the fact that Greeneville has a great shot every year,but needs to get it done when they get past the Redbanks of the world. A time may come when Alcoa steps up to replace the gift to 6A of Maryville.So,get it done while it's possible Devils !