DII AA Scrimmages

shakinthefat

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken off 6A post: MUS vs Whitehaven

"MUS played their typical game. No apparent superstars. Good QB, huge o-line. The D is nothing spectacular but they read and pursue well. Small in size but they are in the right place at the right time which comes from good coaching. Not many mistakes. Whaven, huge offense and def line, athletic QB, quick running backs. They did fumble the snap a few times, fumble after the catch a couple of times. MUS caught them a couple of times with off snap count. When I left the score was 29-19. Whaven kicker missed extra points and they allowed MUS runback on an interception where the MUS kid was missed about five times on the tackle attempts."

Scheduled scrimmages this Friday: Whitehaven vs Braircrest, Ridgeway vs MUS, Southwind vs CBHS, MBA vs siegel, BA vs Ravenwood

CBHS beat Southwind 20-14, tale of two halves. CBHS manhandled Southwind the firs thalf jumping to a 13-0 lead, before Southwind scored twice in the second half. Action was cut due to a CBHS player suffering a knee injury. Matt Murphy of CBHS looked dominant against a young Tackle, but he was somewhat ineffective against the double team. Southwind's running game was non existent, but their passing game looked nice. They have a nice QB who hooked up with Joshua Hall for both scores.

Overall CBHS, has a nice sound defense, good ends, but their secondary seems weak, and their offense is very Vanilla and doesn't really have that big playmaker.

Southwind's passing game looks like it could be fun to watch, the running game was disappointing, but the Coaching Staff did make some good half time adjustments.

I think MUS is still the favorite from Memphis in D2, I think Southwind is a playoff team. MUS also beat Ridgeway 17-14, I'll get the Whitehaven score.

Ensworth 17 Hillsboro 3.

Coach Ricky not pleased with the starters.

http://sportsnashville.net/article/High_School/Fall_Sports/Ensworth_Hillsboro_Scrimmage/22670

BA 28 Ravenwood 7 Any details?

Any details on MBA vs siegel?

RRR said MBA won a fairly close game. He said MBA looked pretty good, although Simonis apparently picked up a quadricep injury. Perhaps he'll provide details....

CBHS beat Southwind 20-14, tale of two halves. CBHS manhandled Southwind the firs thalf jumping to a 13-0 lead, before Southwind scored twice in the second half. Action was cut due to a CBHS player suffering a knee injury. Matt Murphy of CBHS looked dominant against a young Tackle, but he was somewhat ineffective against the double team. Southwind's running game was non existent, but their passing game looked nice. They have a nice QB who hooked up with Joshua Hall for both scores.

Overall CBHS, has a nice sound defense, good ends, but their secondary seems weak, and their offense is very Vanilla and doesn't really have that big playmaker.

Southwind's passing game looks like it could be fun to watch, the running game was disappointing, but the Coaching Staff did make some good half time adjustments.

I think MUS is still the favorite from Memphis in D2, I think Southwind is a playoff team. MUS also beat Ridgeway 17-14, I'll get the Whitehaven score.

Good analysis; it's tough to tell from this type of scrimmage, especially since CBHS was working in non-starters, etc. to see what kind of depth they have and try some different players in different spots. First string scored 2 TDs and shut Southwind down. One of Southwind's TDs was off a long reception made a foot out of bounds. The CBHS secondary is somewhat in transition, although that was a nice pop by the safety. Jonathan Brown is missed on offense and defense, but I think their RBs can move the ball and Grant Powell looked good at QB. Southwind's QB did have some nice passes and their defense made some nice plays.

I know the RB was injured and it looked serious, serious enough that the scrimmage was called off, but I don't know what happened to the WR and QB. Brown will be missed, but the thing that CBHS lacks offensively is that home run threat, they have strong backs and one or two good wideouts, but there not a team that I expect to have alot of plays over 20+ yards you know. Secondary will need to improve with Briarcrest, and MUS on that schedule. The Southwind QB is only a sophmore, team could be deadly next year with a team mostly full of Juniors and Sophmores.

Someone has told me that CBHS there qb,wr, and running back are all injured . Does anyone know what happend to them and how long r they out for? Hopefully they can have a speedy recovery.

Senior QB is hurt, but I actually think their junior QB was going to start: 6'3", good arm, and can run (he ran for 2 TDs against Southwind); he can also throw on the run which will open up some shorter yardage plays. The RB who was hurt is a non-starting sophomore. Their senior RB is fine; junior RB is working back in; and a small freshman may get some carries. Best senior WR is hurt, but a senior transfer should pick up most of the slack. Neither of the 2 senior injuries are serious; not sure about the sophomore RB.

Starters from MBA played about 4 series and were up 10-7. Siegel's monster Dunaway broke a 50 yarder, after MBA's safety missed him in the hole. After that Siegel gained nothing. The offense for MBA looked good. Two drives were stalled near the redzone by receiver penalties. The offense is behind the defense right now, but at this time of year when is it not. Simonis was hit in the leg and was taken out of the scrimmage. I don't know any details.