Forrest at Jo Byrns

Jbalumni81

Actually we were 2 for 3 for punching it in from inside the 5 that one just stood out because it was such a big play that got us there and we didn't capitalize, but look at the bright side how often can we say we hit a field goal. :D

From the 1...that's less than an extra point. On second thought, I'll take it!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was told the score was 4-1 JB with first string in. That's the same score as last week against Watertown. I'll let others fill in the details...

I put my time in at ground zero tonight as part of the chain gang, there seem to be a better effort tonight on the O line, in time they will get there, overall the Devils looked better to me, Forrest was able to hit some 3rd and long situations to continue a particular drive, but the D held, I think the Devils run the ball more than usual to workout some kinks along the line, as last week the boys in red jus looked more physical as time progressed, so I think the Devils are right on track ! Now that's not to say we are ready for week 1 but it's coming together nicely, i'm more pleased at this time than I have been in past years, physical play, quickness, and discipline are keys to a sucessful season and the boys in red have that, a team attitude is developing each week, now for Forrest they have some very hard working young men and if they continue to apply their efforts they had tonight then I see a team that's gonna be sucessful and reach some goals themselves, they don't let up and fight to the end, I spoke to some of their seniors along the sideline and give them nothing but words of encouragement and expressed to them how important it is to have a good attitude come Monday practice and work hard and good things will happen for them !

Closing comments for tonights action, speed and physical play by the Devils was just a little to much to overcome by the rockets, but a scrimmage is just that, a scrimmage.

I must say it's such a good feeling to know some of our boys on a personal level and to interact with the young men from other teams, and I say to all you guys, work hard, give all you got, cause one day you will be like me, wishing well for all you guys who strap it up every fri night, I say thanks cause without you guys there would be no Friday night lights to look foward too !

Them DEVILS are coming !!

As to not being able to get into endzone on that one drive, coach put in second team and they ran a few plays before field goad, and it was not from the 1 it was from like the 7 or 8 yard line. Forrest did not score on the first team, they scored on the 3rd team at almost end of scrimmage. Overall I thought JB looked pretty well for this early.

As to not being able to get into endzone on that one drive, coach put in second team and they ran a few plays before field goad, and it was not from the 1 it was from like the 7 or 8 yard line. Forrest did not score on the first team, they scored on the 3rd team at almost end of scrimmage. Overall I thought JB looked pretty well for this early.

Maybe I was wrong and they marked the ball further back than I thought (I didn't walk down to see the exact spot). Personaly I thought he sould have gotten the TD on the dive and it would've been a moot point. Bottomline though I think everyone is in agreement that both the youngmen from Jo Byrns and Forrest both looked strong to be this early in the year.

Next up...the ER Jamboree!!! A lot of county folks will get their first (and maybe only) look at the Devils so let's make it a good one. Cheatham Co. is a strong opponent with a beast of a lineman! Can't wait to see this guy. I'm sure it'll be our toughest challenge yet!

Hey MOTO24:

I don't know how long the Cubs "starters" will play in the jamboree against the Red Devils on Saturday evening. I am sure that I do not have to remind you that Cubs starting running back Shaun Montgomery suffered a terrible knee injury last year in the jamboree matchup against Jo Byrns. Right now I would expect the Cubs coaches to try and get 1 good series out of both their offense and defense. If there is a short series (either a 3 & out or a long touchdown allowed) then I would expect a 2nd series. Overall though I look for the "starters" to see limited action in this one.

Can't wait to see Jo Byrns in person this upcoming weekend. The same goes for Greenbrier, Fairview, White House-Heritage, Springfield, & East Robertson

Hey MOTO24:

I don't know how long the Cubs "starters" will play in the jamboree against the Red Devils on Saturday evening. I am sure that I do not have to remind you that Cubs starting running back Shaun Montgomery suffered a terrible knee injury last year in the jamboree matchup against Jo Byrns. Right now I would expect the Cubs coaches to try and get 1 good series out of both their offense and defense. If there is a short series (either a 3 & out or a long touchdown allowed) then I would expect a 2nd series. Overall though I look for the "starters" to see limited action in this one.

Can't wait to see Jo Byrns in person this upcoming weekend. The same goes for Greenbrier, Fairview, White House-Heritage, Springfield, & East Robertson

Ya left out Todd Co. Well maybe your not looking forwart to seeing them haha.

I know its Fairview vs Heritage, and JoByrns vs Cheatham, but who is playing who after that.?

Middle Schools are kicking it off earlier in the day there as well. Think WHHeritage plays at 430.

Ya left out Todd Co. Well maybe your not looking forwart to seeing them haha.

I know its Fairview vs Heritage, and JoByrns vs Cheatham, but who is playing who after that.?

Middle Schools are kicking it off earlier in the day there as well. Think WHHeritage plays at 430.

Here's what someone posted in another thread:

Jamboree Schedule (8/14/10) Goes As Follows:

5:30 PM: Jo Byrns vs Cheatham County

6:30 PM: Greenbrier vs Franklin-Simpson (KY)

7:30 PM: Springfield vs Fairview

8:30 PM: East Robertson vs Todd County (KY)

I'm gonna guess and say that Springfield isn't playing in the Jamboree this year and WHH is playing Fairview???

Edited by MOTO24

Hey MOTO24:

Yes that knee injury was terrible. I expect Jo Byrns to keep their starters in for the majority of the jamboree. This is their last action until week 1 against Cascade.

Here's what someone posted in another thread:

Jamboree Schedule (8/14/10) Goes As Follows:

5:30 PM: Jo Byrns vs Cheatham County

6:30 PM: Greenbrier vs Franklin-Simpson (KY)

7:30 PM: Springfield vs Fairview

8:30 PM: East Robertson vs Todd County (KY)

I'm gonna guess and say that Springfield isn't playing in the Jamboree this year and WHH is playing Fairview???

yes heritage has played todd co the last 2 years at this jamboree and I know they are playing fairview this yr.

yes heritage has played todd co the last 2 years at this jamboree and I know they are playing fairview this yr.

Fairview is a solid team that is going to have a good season. They have good skill position players who can all run. The Yellow Jackets & Cheatham County got some great work in versus one another this past Friday evening.

Brandon Adkins, Brandon Holt, & Frankie Traughber are all players who should definitely have a positive impact for the Red Devils this season hustleflow12.

I can't freakin' wait 'till Saturday...football season will really begin for me!!! AAA scrimmage in Ashland City (I have to go to Stratton's for maybe the last time ever :angry: ) then off to ER. What's up with Springfield not being involved this year?

I hope Devils of all ages have a good week of practice. :evil:

Edited by Shep