Faragut Who?

a-town1408

I am just wandering what everyone thought about Alcoa's domination over 6a Faragut? I know that we (alcoa) are really good but should we be able to dominate a 6a school like Faragut? It seems as though they should be able to put up more of a fight than what they did with all those kids to chose from and all that money. I have heard for years people talk about the reason why we are so good is because all we play are small teams in a small division. I would challenge people to go back and look at our record against all the schools that we have played that are bigger than we are. People love to say that about us but we prove year in and year out that we can beat most any school from any classification.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just wandering what everyone thought about Alcoa's domination over 6a Faragut? I know that we (alcoa) are really good but should we be able to dominate a 6a school like Faragut? It seems as though they should be able to put up more of a fight than what they did with all those kids to chose from and all that money. I have heard for years people talk about the reason why we are so good is because all we play are small teams in a small division. I would challenge people to go back and look at our record against all the schools that we have played that are bigger than we are. People love to say that about us but we prove year in and year out that we can beat most any school from any classification.

Uh these are just scrimmages catch them in a REAL game... LET"S GO AE!! :thumb:

I had people go up to me after Maryville would beat Alcoa and say "They are just a little school" "Wait till you play the BIG BOYS" I tried to tell people all these years that Alcoa was really good.

6A is very tough. No breathers in that clasification. Alcoa can compete with anyone because they have athletes second to none.

I had people go up to me after Maryville would beat Alcoa and say "They are just a little school" "Wait till you play the BIG BOYS" I tried to tell people all these years that Alcoa was really good.

6A is very tough. No breathers in that clasification. Alcoa can compete with anyone because they have athletes second to none.

But who will win the Alcoa-MAryville game?

But who will win the Alcoa-MAryville game?

This thread is classless. As a Alcoa supporter and player parent, I apoligize to all FHS fans for this trash. Rest assured that Coach Rankin and staff have busted their tails to bring class back to this program. It is time some of you younger posters (and even old) catch up with the young men in pads who represent our community so well. It is always those that have never tread the field of honor that do not understand respect for the opposing team and their fans. And Rebel Ron...thanks...you are a class act.

This thread is classless. As a Alcoa supporter and player parent, I apoligize to all FHS fans for this trash. Rest assured that Coach Rankin and staff have busted their tails to bring class back to this program. It is time some of you younger posters (and even old) catch up with the young men in pads who represent our community so well. It is always those that have never tread the field of honor that do not understand respect for the opposing team and their fans. And Rebel Ron...thanks...you are a class act.

Come on Scotts50....let this thread ride. I love to sit in the bleachers and enjoy the comments....... :popcorneater:

How is D doing so far? Look forward to watching him this year. Looks like at least 3 games and maybe 4 I will get to attend.

Farragut's a great program. This years Admiral team will be a rebuilding season with a lot of younger players. Similar to Alcoa next year. Don't read to much into this scrimmage. The real test/war will be Aug. 26th!

Its not classless its jut the truth. I am not downgrading the Faragut program I am just saying that they should be able to come out and put up a better fight than they did. Even the coach for Faragut sounded as though he was real disappointed in the performance. The 6a schools such as Faragut should be able to at least hang with us. I know its a scrimage but they got dominated. I mean they have over 2,000 kids to chose from. Also I am just standing up for the Tornadoes because all these years all I have heard is that we only win because we play all small schools which is not true and never has been true. So the thread is not classless just true. I have read some classless posts on here before and this doesnt even come close. Also I played for alcoa and won a state championship years ago. So I know what its like to put on that maroon and grey.

Its not classless its jut the truth. I am not downgrading the Faragut program I am just saying that they should be able to come out and put up a better fight than they did. Even the coach for Faragut sounded as though he was real disappointed in the performance. The 6a schools such as Faragut should be able to at least hang with us. I know its a scrimage but they got dominated. I mean they have over 2,000 kids to chose from. Also I am just standing up for the Tornadoes because all these years all I have heard is that we only win because we play all small schools which is not true and never has been true. So the thread is not classless just true. I have read some classless posts on here before and this doesnt even come close. Also I played for alcoa and won a state championship years ago. So I know what its like to put on that maroon and grey.

If you actually "played" as claimed, then you would fully understand that scrimages are not executed with final score in mind. They are testing grounds for players and positions and concepts, both defensive and offensive. We have no clue what FHS intended to accomplish and should not take a position of ridicule when we do not have all the facts. As for not playing anyone, let them think that. Those that really understand HS football understand that Alcoa of today is capable of beating anyone in this state, regardless of classification. As for comparing with other posts, shame on you for following the trend of venom that has developed on these threads as of late. Let's enjoy the greatest game on earth, not ridiculing others. Respect for your opponent is a key pillar of success to consistently win. Argue all you wish my friend, but you have missed the target here. GO TORNADOES!

It is true that these things have been said in the past but i believe that everyone in this area nows knows what kind of program we have at Alcoa. I believe Scott50 was correct in his assesment of trash. When Coach Rankin will not allow his players to talk trash (stopped scrimmage and made one of his players apologize for running his mouth at a Farragut player) I dont think that we as fans,parents and grads. have any reason to feel like we need to talk smack. Show some class and respect the game your opponent and yourself.