IMAC 2010

Red81KPsmash

All right! Its football time again. Most teams have at least a couple of scrimmages under their belts. so lets hear some predictions.

Jefferson Co., after scrimmaging no one in the spring, seems to have had two good outings versus Knox Central and Heritage. Neither of those teams are world beaters, but it is good to hear some of the changes Coach Anderson has made are doing well.

Jamboree schedule has been released. JC will play against Cocke Co. in the first two quarters, then face Mo West in the next two quarters. After half, Mo East and Cherokee go for two quarters (I think freshman play the odd quarters with varsity in the evens).

Lets hear it IMAC fans (please no Greenville hijackers please :roflol: !

All right! Its football time again. Most teams have at least a couple of scrimmages under their belts. so lets hear some predictions.

Jefferson Co., after scrimmaging no one in the spring, seems to have had two good outings versus Knox Central and Heritage. Neither of those teams are world beaters, but it is good to hear some of the changes Coach Anderson has made are doing well.

Jamboree schedule has been released. JC will play against Cocke Co. in the first two quarters, then face Mo West in the next two quarters. After half, Mo East and Cherokee go for two quarters (I think freshman play the odd quarters with varsity in the evens).

According to The Standard Banner dated 08/05/2010: JeffCo will play Cherokee first and then Mo-West. Freshmen start at 6 PM. Admission is $5.

Peace

At least you could have spelled GreenEville right?

At least you could have spelled GreenEville right?

My mistake. I guess I was thinking of the "real" Greenville in SC. OHS you are correct it is Cherokee and not Cocke Co. As for the GreenEville Jackers, I am talking of the conference race, not nonconference games. You guys have your own thread about the JC game. If you want to be on our boards, you should not have cowardly left the conference!!

Here are my observations from last night's jamboree action. I was in Motown and had friends at Sevier and Knoxville. Here are my early predictions.

Sevier Co. - will be tough again. Won their quarter vs Pigeon Firge playing mostly second teamers. They will be good on defense and explosive on offense. The QB is dynamic and receivers are good..

Record - 8-2 second place

Jefferson Co. - though I have some doubts, these kids are super talented and are on a mission. Huge test in the opener and a tough early schedule. However, I think they will do well.

Record - 9-1 First place in district

Morristown West - looked big and physical against Jeff Co jv team last night. Could possibly rise up and challenge the 2 6A schools. They will at least be a wild card team for playoffs.

Record - 7 - 3 third place

Morristown East - did not impress last night against Cocke Co., and according to some of their fans have not looked good in the preseason. QB is good and they have some size, but it may be a long year

Record 4-6 fourth place

Seymour - from what I gather, the Eagles are very young with a good senior QB. It may be good that all three of the top teams have to go to Seymour this year.

Record- 4 - 6 fifth place

Cocke Co - much improved last night. The new coach has the Roosters playing hard and disciplined. QB and receivers looked to be on the same page. Good quarter versus East.

Record - 4-6 Sixth place

South - Doyle - improved and still young. They will be looking for their first IMAC win this year and I think they will get it.

Record 2-8 Seventh place

Cherokee - it is going to be a long year for Mobuck. Young and slow is not good combination. They may win against Volunteer, but that is all I see for the Chiefs

Record 1 - 9

Just my thoughts on the year. Please feel free to argue or agree. And just remember, Dumplin Valley is really "Death Valley"

Here are my predictions for the IMAC in 2010

#1 Jefferson County

#2 Sevier County

#3 Morristown West

#4 Morristown East

#5 Seymour

#6 Cherokee

#7 Cocke County

#8 South Doyle

I know your a patriots fan so I don't blame you for your pick but if you switched the top 2 I think your spot on! Cocke County may sneak up and beat Cherokee too.

Here are my observations from last night's jamboree action. I was in Motown and had friends at Sevier and Knoxville. Here are my early predictions.

Sevier Co. - will be tough again. Won their quarter vs Pigeon Firge playing mostly second teamers. They will be good on defense and explosive on offense. The QB is dynamic and receivers are good..

Record - 8-2 second place

Jefferson Co. - though I have some doubts, these kids are super talented and are on a mission. Huge test in the opener and a tough early schedule. However, I think they will do well.

Record - 9-1 First place in district

Morristown West - looked big and physical against Jeff Co jv team last night. Could possibly rise up and challenge the 2 6A schools. They will at least be a wild card team for playoffs.

Record - 7 - 3 third place

Morristown East - did not impress last night against Cocke Co., and according to some of their fans have not looked good in the preseason. QB is good and they have some size, but it may be a long year

Record 4-6 fourth place

Seymour - from what I gather, the Eagles are very young with a good senior QB. It may be good that all three of the top teams have to go to Seymour this year.

Record- 4 - 6 fifth place

Cocke Co - much improved last night. The new coach has the Roosters playing hard and disciplined. QB and receivers looked to be on the same page. Good quarter versus East.

Record - 4-6 Sixth place

South - Doyle - improved and still young. They will be looking for their first IMAC win this year and I think they will get it.

Record 2-8 Seventh place

Cherokee - it is going to be a long year for Mobuck. Young and slow is not good combination. They may win against Volunteer, but that is all I see for the Chiefs

Record 1 - 9

Just my thoughts on the year. Please feel free to argue or agree. And just remember, Dumplin Valley is really "Death Valley"

I know this isnt an IMAC post and i apologize in advance, but ive seen both Cherokee and Volunteer in scrimmages and I am far more impressed with Volunteer. Mark my words, Cherokee will NOT beat Volunteer this year so if youre prediction for the Chiefs is correct, other than the Volunteer game, Cherokee may be looking at a big goose egg in the win column this season because I just dont see how any team in the IMAC could have looked worse than the couple times I saw the Chiefs scrimmage. They will lose a lot of games this year and they will lose BIG in more than just 2 or 3 of those losses!!! And yes Cocke Co and South-Doyle will beat Cherokee this season! I hate to say this but the Cherokee Chief football program is about to go straight down the tubes and hit rock bottom. This once proud program is going to be at an all time low for YEARS to come mark my words!

I know this isnt an IMAC post and i apologize in advance, but ive seen both Cherokee and Volunteer in scrimmages and I am far more impressed with Volunteer. Mark my words, Cherokee will NOT beat Volunteer this year so if youre prediction for the Chiefs is correct, other than the Volunteer game, Cherokee may be looking at a big goose egg in the win column this season because I just dont see how any team in the IMAC could have looked worse than the couple times I saw the Chiefs scrimmage. They will lose a lot of games this year and they will lose BIG in more than just 2 or 3 of those losses!!! And yes Cocke Co and South-Doyle will beat Cherokee this season! I hate to say this but the Cherokee Chief football program is about to go straight down the tubes and hit rock bottom. This once proud program is going to be at an all time low for YEARS to come mark my words!

I can see why you have your opinion based on this fall and the scrimmages the chiefs have played thus far but the chief program is not going down the tubes. They are young but have very talented skill players. The freshman group from last year didn't come close to losing unless you count Mo East by 20. Give these players some time and trust me many people will know QB Ty Ryans by name in just a short while.

I know your a patriots fan so I don't blame you for your pick but if you switched the top 2 I think your spot on! Cocke County may sneak up and beat Cherokee too.

yea ha I know I had to give the top spot to my team, but I do agree with you that Jefferson County and Sevier County will be the top two teams this year. The main reason I gave the top spot to JC is because they have more returning starters coming back than SC, but I know SC always produces great athletes and are always a tough opponent. But hey, thats why you play the season. We'll find out soon. Go pats