Greeneville @ Jefferson County predictions

patriots13

Those returning patriots are learning a whole new offense...While I thiink the spread will.be a great fit for JC's speedy receivers, It's nothing the Devils haven't seen executed well by more seasoned teams. If in fact jitters are a factor in the outcome of this one, it will more than likely be in greeneville's favor.

Greeneville travels to dumplin valley to face the Jefferson County on August 20. Should be a great game with a great atmosphere. Greeneville is loaded and one of the state's best, yet Jefferson County returns plenty of starters and is a very talented team. I say it'll be a close game.

That all depends on the execution of JC's offense. After struggling against Heritage to punch it in from the red zone, the coaches are working to assure better efficiency from the offensive core. I think an X-Factor of this game is the amount of hype Greeneville has. Although they have excellent athletes, I think that there is a slight chance that they might come into Patriot Stadium thinking they already have the game won. Last year's game was a little closer than the score showed. We had two touchdowns called back for holding. If that doesn't happen, the score is 28-17. Hardly a blowout. And let's not forget that the year before that, the Patriots came into the Devil's home stadium with a hostile crowd and heavily favored opponent, coming out with a 42-28 win. JC is even more improved from last season, with a new offense that fits our explosive personnel well. The defense was completely dominant against Heritage, but Greeneville is a much more high caliber team than the Mountaineers. I'm very interested to see how this matchup plays out. I know that the Patriots, who hate Greeneville very much, are extremely psyched to stop Greeneville's road to glory the very first game. I'm not sure, however, what the excitement level for the Devils will be. They're already at the top of the food chain, not in front of their home crowd, and matched up against a team THEY think they should easily beat. Could that factor be the deciding one in an excellent win for the Patriots?

That all depends on the execution of JC's offense. After struggling against Heritage to punch it in from the red zone, the coaches are working to assure better efficiency from the offensive core. I think an X-Factor of this game is the amount of hype Greeneville has. Although they have excellent athletes, I think that there is a slight chance that they might come into Patriot Stadium thinking they already have the game won. Last year's game was a little closer than the score showed. We had two touchdowns called back for holding. If that doesn't happen, the score is 28-17. Hardly a blowout. And let's not forget that the year before that, the Patriots came into the Devil's home stadium with a hostile crowd and heavily favored opponent, coming out with a 42-28 win. JC is even more improved from last season, with a new offense that fits our explosive personnel well. The defense was completely dominant against Heritage, but Greeneville is a much more high caliber team than the Mountaineers. I'm very interested to see how this matchup plays out. I know that the Patriots, who hate Greeneville very much, are extremely psyched to stop Greeneville's road to glory the very first game. I'm not sure, however, what the excitement level for the Devils will be. They're already at the top of the food chain, not in front of their home crowd, and matched up against a team THEY think they should easily beat. Could that factor be the deciding one in an excellent win for the Patriots?

JeffCoPatriots2, you make some really interesting and valid points. Greeneville may be the #1 team in class 4A, but if anyone did not read the Murphy's Fair Tennessee High School Football pre-season magazine, it had Jefferson County recieving votes for the top 10 poll in class 6A. I've said this once and I'll say it again; Jefferson County has the potential to be a REALLY GOOD football team, they just have to believe it. Jefferson County is hungry, hungry to get that taste of a subpar 5-5 season out of their mouths. Hungry to have respect, hungry to be a dominant power in Tennessee, that they were so used to being. Hungry to stop hearing about the 1987 team ( the only team to win a state title at Jeff Co) and how good they were. Hungry for an opportunity, and it all starts August 20, 7:30 at Dumplin Valley. Go Pats

If I would have cheated on my LSAT I might have gotten accepted to law school. There was probably a good reason the yellow flag was thrown on those two plays. I don't think the Devils will come out flat. I think they'll be ready to prove everyone that they are for real. There are still a lot of naysayers out there that don't think the Devils are for real. Trust me, many of us in our own county thought this last year. The Devils proved everyone wrong and I think they still have that chip on their shoulder to do so again this year.

Greeneville travels to dumplin valley to face the Jefferson County on August 20. Should be a great game with a great atmosphere. Greeneville is loaded and one of the state's best, yet Jefferson County returns plenty of starters and is a very talented team. I say it'll be a close game.

Why did you guys start another thread when there already is one?

28-7 Greeneville wins

If I would have cheated on my LSAT I might have gotten accepted to law school. There was probably a good reason the yellow flag was thrown on those two plays. I don't think the Devils will come out flat. I think they'll be ready to prove everyone that they are for real. There are still a lot of naysayers out there that don't think the Devils are for real. Trust me, many of us in our own county thought this last year. The Devils proved everyone wrong and I think they still have that chip on their shoulder to do so again this year.

If they were so great, why did they get beat by DB?