Blount County Jamboree

rebeldadtimes2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may have been the level of competition that they played..but I didn’t see any drop-off in the Alcoa team..they simply looked awesome. Their intensity, strength, toughness, and conditioning were impressive. Did you note that after their quarter that instead of resting the coaches had those guys out there running! I can’t wait for the Maryville – Alcoa game…I believe the Maryville D will really have to step up and be much more physical to make this a game…but I am sure this statement will be covered in detail in the Alcoa – Maryville thread that I sure is coming…………...Y/ X

It may have been the level of competition that they played..but I didn’t see any drop-off in the Alcoa team..they simply looked awesome. Their intensity, strength, toughness, and conditioning were impressive. Did you note that after their quarter that instead of resting the coaches had those guys out there running! I can’t wait for the Maryville – Alcoa game…I believe the Maryville D will really have to step up and be much more physical to make this a game…but I am sure this statement will be covered in detail in the Alcoa – Maryville thread that I sure is coming…………...Y/ X

Alcouh iz loded....Thair seenyours rilly set tha tone wif fizzycull play....A Alcouh coach toad me a longtime ago that when'st this class wuz seenyours thay wood awful tuff....Eye jist hope Mairvul can keep hit wif inn 4 tds.... :unsure:

Alcouh iz loded....Thair seenyours rilly set tha tone wif fizzycull play....A Alcouh coach toad me a longtime ago that when'st this class wuz seenyours thay wood awful tuff....Eye jist hope Mairvul can keep hit wif inn 4 tds.... :unsure:

Now Stars I don't believe anyone actually thinks Alcoa would win by that much. Considering the Rebels haven't lost a game at home in how many years. I think it was in 2001??? Should be interesting ...... :popcorneater:

Hello Everyone

I'll put in my two cents worth...

Just from looking I'd say the best team on the field friday night was Alcoa. They were big fast and if they have developed a passing game to go with the running attack we have seen in the previous years then they are a force. They are big, fast and MANY. They have the numbers and talent to compete at any classification in the state.

Maryville is Maryville. I didn't see size and speed there as I've seeen in the past but GQ and company will get their best from them and they will improve every practice. GQ is an offensive genius and will adjust what he does to the strengths of his personel and the weakness of his opposition.

William Blount seemed better prepared at this point than last year. Changing the system in the fall last year to a run / veer from a spread was tough on the kids who had played spread for many years. This years offense looks to be more traditional with the veer playing a big part but they did throw the ball downfield more than I remember from the past.

Heritage appeared to be a little small in places. They may have been playing it close to the vest and playing against Alcoa wouldn't help anyone look good. There seems to be some excitement out their way but I've also heard that the injury bug has many atheletes sidelined right now. I wish them a speedy recovery.

Greenback was up against it friday night. I have not had a chance to look south but I remember them being young last year so hopefully that translates into some returning starters and a better year for our bretheren from the south.Good Luck........

With all that being said I would rank our Blount County teams as I covered them.

1 Alcoa

2 Maryville

3 William Blount

4 Heritage

Thoughts or comments anyone?

tpoole12

PS: I look forward to watching all these teams play this year. With Daniel no longer at William Blount I will be attending the closest game I can. That includes Greenback. After following the Gov's all thru my daughter's band years and most of my son's years in the old region 2 I have traveled many miles on Friday nights and now look to lower my fuel bill and raise the amount of sleep........... :thumb:

Now Chaincy eye'm awful pore....Butt Mairvul iz vurry green upfront....No seenyours on tha O-Line....Only 2 in tha frunt 7 on deefence...Onlee 3 on tha furst O and D....And footbawl iz all abowt blockin and tacklin and Alcouh iz vurry good at hit....And moore eck-spearunced.....Evans, Tyson, Warren, Tallent, McGlothin, Mangum, Isom etc. aloan maik Alcouh a fizzycull bunch....Maybee necks yeer we can stay closur..... :unsure:

Pee Ess.....Tea Pool good two sea ewe back on.... :thumb:

Now Chaincy eye'm awful pore....Butt Mairvul iz vurry green upfront....No seenyours on tha O-Line....Only 2 in tha frunt 7 on deefence...Onlee 3 on tha furst O and D....And footbawl iz all abowt blockin and tacklin and Alcouh iz vurry good at hit....And moore eck-spearunced.....Evans, Tyson, Warren, Tallent, McGlothin, Mangum, Isom etc. aloan maik Alcouh a fizzycull bunch....Maybee necks yeer we can stay closur..... :unsure:

Starsnbars, They were saying some of the same things before the 07 game; check the score on that one! Never count out a G.Q. led team. It may not look good on paper,but we aint going to be playing on paper! Go REBELS!!! :thumb:

As long as that GQ guy is on the Maryvile sideline the Rebels have a chance. With that being said there is no doubt Alcoa is way more talented. Not every team has a 250lbs fullback with tailback speed,A superstar DE,A roadgrader at RG,A gazzele at receiver,A duel threat QB and a tailback with track speed. Alcoa has that and more.

Hay starz

Eye'm happy two bee hear and wheel trie knott two git on enny bodies nerves. Wheel ewe be down at WB friday?

Gov man haz them big speekers in fine tune and the place is painted up good. Eye no that the rebs have the weak off. Ewe an momma starz kin bring the younguns wheel holler for the Guvs... Eye wheel be coming two Murville four the Alcoa gaim butt eye'm knott shure if eye kin get a seat or a place two park. Eye reckon I could park at the Co-op. Ewe ever wonder whie thay call it the co-operative. Ever time eye want sumthing four free thay dont' co-operate. Enyway the Guvs wont play at home four a long spell after this weak sow ewe should come down.

tea pool won too ........ :thumb:

Starsnbars, They were saying some of the same things before the 07 game; check the score on that one! Never count out a G.Q. led team. It may not look good on paper,but we aint going to be playing on paper! Go REBELS!!! :thumb:

Who is they? If you mean Alcoa fans, most of us are saying that the game will be closer than the 4 touchdowns that Starz was hoping to keep the score within. Let's go Red Rebels I will be pulling for you in three weeks :thumb: