GP @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, despite the score, I thought the boys did some things that are going to be good for them going forward. Benny Ham displayed his wrecking ball offense (power I) when it became apparent that he could get 4 - 6 yards out of it. They have a nice balance because they managed to be pretty effective through the air, too. Remember this name when you tangle with G-P....HUSKEY....gonna take several people, my guess is three, :unsure: to come anywhere close to neutralize his effectiveness on defense. I always have sour grapes about a call (or non-call in this case), but the td pass should have been offensive pass interferrence as the receiver clearly bumped the DB (who had position) before the catch. Wouldn't have changed the outcome regardless, but it might have changed the score. The Highlanders are better than last year....clearly, and they are well coached. They are gonna make waves in their division this year cause they are so dang tough! It's gonna take a heck of a team to beat them because they have such a good ball control offense and they don't tend to make a lot of stupid mistakes that can take them out of games. Warning to the wise: Fear the Highlanders.

Kaz

Edited by kazam37

So, how did the scoring go? I'm sure GP did their damage on the ground. What about oneida? Running? Passing?

The Indians played well in the 1st Qtr (even with a fumble). GP fumbled and the Indians managed to get 3 points. But in the 2nd Qtr the GP ran down and scored. I think rattled Oneida a bit. On the next possession, Oneida fumbled the ball (just a mix-up in the backfield). GP recovered the ball and threw a 40 yd pass for a TD.

I think Kaz is 100% right. It was offensive pass interference by the receiver, but it didn't matter anyway. GP ran the ball really well again to make the score at half 21-3. GP started the 3rd with another good drive. Very good looking team, didn't waver at all really in the heat and humidity.

On the bright side, Oneida played a ton of freshmen and sophomores. Really no bad mental errors for penalties. 2 of the 3 fumbles were mix-ups in the backfield and the 1 interception was in the last minutes of the game and due to exhaustion. The boys played as well as they could. It was a great brick on the road to a championship.....unfortunately, it was one of the first bricks!

And what about my boys: I don't know how many times I glance at the line-up and read Soph. or Fr. after a play. They were all over the field! The Indians have a sprinkling of Srs. and Jrs. that are nice ball players (Stephens, Woodard, Dirty, and personnally, I thought Lay kicked very well), but they are surrounded by youngin's! They must feel like they are in Romper Room! :roflol: I am really devastated by what appears to be a serious knee injury to Bear, he is such a tremendous hustler and never quits. Lord, I hope you give that boy more chances....he is one of that Fleet of Sophmores that have tremendous upsides. I almost expected the kids to quit when the going got tough, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Played'em tooth and nail in the second half! :o The coaching staff did a fine job last night....they kept the kids from slacking and they even seemed to improve as the game wore on. We're gonna be OK, at least it appears we will be. And those uni's...sharp....thanx adidas! We didn't win, but we got a whole heap of seasoning last night!

Kazanity

AND THE TIGERS STRAPPED IT UP WITH.......NORTH GREENE.....! Could somebody strap Ole Tiger to the hood of my car? Dude...you're an idiot. I seriously don't have a single thought about the Sunbright Football Team, but the Kitty Litter that keeps spewing out of this chap's blow hole is beginning to be a bit much! The funny thing is I like to "banter" as much as the next guy, but not with this stooge. Do me a favor bud, turn of the computer in your blue and yellow house. You must not live too close to the highway....believe I would remember the house with that particular paint scheme :blush: ! I notice it's taken you almost a year to get back in the saddle after your team got waylaid in the post season. (for the life of me, I mean no ill will towards that program, just OLE TIGER) I got a bunch of rattlesnakes that have my back Tigger....you best quit messing with Kaz and the Tribe!

:angry: Kalamazoo :angry:

AND THE TIGERS STRAPPED IT UP WITH.......NORTH GREENE.....! Could somebody strap Ole Tiger to the hood of my car? Dude...you're an idiot. I seriously don't have a single thought about the Sunbright Football Team, but the Kitty Litter that keeps spewing out of this chap's blow hole is beginning to be a bit much! The funny thing is I like to "banter" as much as the next guy, but not with this stooge. Do me a favor bud, turn of the computer in your blue and yellow house. You must not live too close to the highway....believe I would remember the house with that particular paint scheme :blush: ! I notice it's taken you almost a year to get back in the saddle after your team got waylaid in the post season. (for the life of me, I mean no ill will towards that program, just OLE TIGER) I got a bunch of rattlesnakes that have my back Tigger....you best quit messing with Kaz and the Tribe!

:angry: Kalamazoo :angry:

Dang! What Kaz said! :roflol:

One sure sign that you've got a good program is when the Tiger cat goes to spewing junk about you. Sunbrite seems to be a pretty classey bunch ,Its a shame the nut is going to make everyone hate them.

As far as the game last night, I fully expected GP to win,but you guys should be proud to fight hard all night. I've got a feeling Oneida will be back at full strength in a hurry, who knows,you could end up at 9 and 1. You've played you're toughest opponent of the season. I'm still a fan. Getuminjuns.

One sure sign that you've got a good program is when the Tiger cat goes to spewing junk about you. Sunbrite seems to be a pretty classey bunch ,Its a shame the nut is going to make everyone hate them.

As far as the game last night, I fully expected GP to win,but you guys should be proud to fight hard all night. I've got a feeling Oneida will be back at full strength in a hurry, who knows,you could end up at 9 and 1. You've played you're toughest opponent of the season. I'm still a fan. Getuminjuns.

Thanks pujo, your right gp is the toughest we'll see during the regular season anyway. The first half the boys played young, you know like they were expecting something bad to happen. After half they really started to play like a team with a lot more experience. I'm not saying the outcome would have been different had they played that way for four quarters but I think it would have been a little closer. Gp is talented & they took it to us that night, in typical Benny tradition pound the rock power I, 4 yards and a cloud of dust. Then some really nice passing from their qb, that boy has talent. The only chink I saw in the armor was inconsistent line play. One play, a gaping hole to run through, next four yard tackle for loss. Went that way all night, they could be dominate at times and were dominated at times. Overall a really good team that's gonna be a handful for anybody they play. Best of luck to gp, I'll be pullin' for ya the rest of the way.

Edited by crow