GP @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's stick with the task in front of us, shall we? I think the Highlanders will come in ready to roll. It will take a tremendous effort for us to win this game. However, it appears the boys have done a great job this pre-season in preparation for the year. I think we are multiple enough to keep G-P honest on defense and SW is only going to make our offense more effective. IMO, some of the younger kids will determine how we do. You know we are bound to have a mistake or two, we just have to keep them from being major. With that said, we have done a pretty good job of that for the most part. Defense has been very solid up until now, I wouldn't expect to see that drop off any time soon, as the Indians have always hung their hat on that part of the equation. I'm looking forward to both teams on the field because they will knock the juju out of you, then help you up! :shock: Class acts......!

:thumb: Kazanity :thumb:

GP is going to be a very tough team to beat especially this early in the season. The one huge positive for Oneida is that this entire group of boys has stepped up and is really playing hard. Sam is a key player but he doesn’t have to carry the load. We just need a handful of plays from him (i.e. if the QB throws a duck up in the air, I hope to see a Woodard Pick-6!). Same thing with Dirty and Cody. Just have to fill in the gaps here and there! There are a lot of play makers on this team, young or not!

Man, our offense looks good. I know Coach May didn’t break out all the bells and whistles with Oliver Springs watching from the endzone, but the boys looked pretty speedy. Hope practice goes well this week.

I doubt anyone from Gatlinburg will get on here, except me.GP will be ready to open season in a very hostile crowd.We know sam will get his yards we will try to keep him under 100.He had 77 yds last yr, caught one for td.GP has alot of respect for the Indians, I expect defense to be good on both sides it could be another low scoring game.GP's Offense has looked alot better than last year but we have'nt scrimmaged any tough teams.The Coaching staff at GP and Oneida will have them as ready as possible.It will be a Great game.and a heart breaker for one of them.Pentalties and turnovers could determine out come I hope not.Oneida will tell us alot about our team we have many formidable foes this year.

good Luck and whats that mexican place again

I doubt anyone from Gatlinburg will get on here, except me.GP will be ready to open season in a very hostile crowd.We know sam will get his yards we will try to keep him under 100.He had 77 yds last yr, caught one for td.GP has alot of respect for the Indians, I expect defense to be good on both sides it could be another low scoring game.GP's Offense has looked alot better than last year but we have'nt scrimmaged any tough teams.The Coaching staff at GP and Oneida will have them as ready as possible.It will be a Great game.and a heart breaker for one of them.Pentalties and turnovers could determine out come I hope not.Oneida will tell us alot about our team we have many formidable foes this year.

BIG NACHOS DE FRANK!! :popcorneater::hungry::popcorneater::hungry:

Edited by crow

The tribe should be out in force....but The injuns in the stands won't be hostile...just orange, white and LOUD! I think your 100% right about the penalties and mistakes in general. It will completely make the difference. I am hoping that the special team play by the Indians can make a positive difference for Oneida.

Either way...El Rey's Mexican Restaurant will be a great pre-game dinner! Just down from the Wal-Mart!

Gentlemen, this game will come down to trench warfare. How will the youth hold up in the 2nd half. Let up hope for a quick sideline to sideline game. I know they got it in them

I agree Injun, but I think the game is gonna be between the ears. The Indians are tough enough, in shape and very quick off the line. BUT, they have to play smart. Shoot the enemy...not your foot!