GP @ Oneida

crow

I'm not so invested in intelligence being so much of the factor as much as I am keeping mistakes to a minimum! Our players are only as smart as the coaching staff makes them.....and I think we, again, have a very solid, intellegent coaching staff. Calling the right plays that these young'ins can execute well will go a long way in determining our success or failure Friday Night. As long as we don't have to change plays at the line, we should manage whatever G-P trys to throw at us. Keeping things simple as the team grows will allow that to happen. Oh, we can throw as many sets in as we want and make the offense as diverse as possible.....but staying in a play will give our players less to think about. Hanging on to the football and gaining takeaways is the ingredient that wins football games consistently, and that should be the key for the winner between two fine football teams!

:thumb: Kazza :thumb:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Kaz, I was thinking more experience than football IQ. But speaking of intelligence, This group is super sharp, they pick up schemes really quickly, young or not. I really like their feel for the game too. You see alot of kids getting to right spot more and more.

I’m just worried bout the jumping offsides stuff, late hits (not from being jerky, just the excitement of the game), things that come from being an experienced player. And your 100% right. The ball is the MOST important thing on the field. Can not turn it over!

The coaching staff at Oneida is one of the best for any school. Both coordinators have state championship rings. Coach May was an All-State QB in high school, himself back in the day! All the assistants have played in big games, most for Oneida. I am positive they will have our Indians coached up…..just have to be patient if the boys miss a few calls here and there! Man, it's gonna be fun!

Edited by SmashMouth

I'm with you, Brother! Can't wait for the lights to come on this season, everybody is hungry this time of year. The anticipation has to make you about squeal like a pig! :blush: Hey Pujo.....how will the Bulldog's fare up in Hampton? You gotta another "potent" squad this fall? Haven't heard a lot from up there this year.... have they put a muzzle on the biggest dog in the park?!?! Woo Woo! Flair.....? Champ...?

:thumb: kazamaloo :thumb:

I'm with you, Brother! Can't wait for the lights to come on this season, everybody is hungry this time of year. The anticipation has to make you about squeal like a pig! :blush: Hey Pujo.....how will the Bulldog's fare up in Hampton? You gotta another "potent" squad this fall? Haven't heard a lot from up there this year.... have they put a muzzle on the biggest dog in the park?!?! Woo Woo! Flair.....? Champ...?

Pujo is probably trying to keep up with lil pujo! We will have to put out a missing persons on Flair and Champ! It's Tuesday night and were barely to page 2!

Edited by SmashMouth

I hope you are right, I would thing GP would try to run it straight down our throats , but with the Big QB they may try push it down the field thru the air. This could work in our favor.

Man, Injun, I don't know, I am in great need of a scouting report! If anyone tries to throw, it will certainly be nice to have Mr. Woodard back!

Hang 'em up boys, ole tiger ain't pullin' for us. What's the sense of continuing on.

On to a topic that matters, Sam will be strapped up Friday and ready to roll. The boys seem focused and the coaches are all business as usual. GP is a hard nosed bunch that play four quarters and they have talent. It'll be an outstanding game and if the Indians execute the plan this one could definitely go in their favor. If they don't execute or if they make a bunch of silly mistakes GP will make 'em pay. Wait a minute . . . I swear I think I hear war drums in the distance.

Hey Kaz, another football season is upon us. As far as the Bulldogs go ,I see some strengths and some weaknesses. They should be able to play with any of the teams on their schedule. Might even run into a bunck of wild Injuns before its over. Hope they do, several people I'd like to meet. Smashmouth is right ,I'm coaching my least one in flag and Little pujo in playing Jr High.Keeps me busy. Them little one's are a mess.

You guys are like us ,you pick a tough way to get started, GP is well coached and know how to play hardnosed and disaplined football. The Coach is pretty much a legend.Hope you guys can pull it out ,but it won't be easy. I'll be keeping up all year and hopefully we can both stay injury free. To late for us ,done lost a good one. But ,good to hear from you and keep on chatting ,i'll be reading.

You guys are funny I find myself reading your post everyday,Oneida Seniors are 28-9 I think and GP Seniors 30-6.Both teams are winners can't think of a better opening games than this :popcorneater: .1st half will be close alway is, at half coaches will make adjustments on both teams and someone will pull away.I do believe GP can score this year. Their 9-1 record(reg. season) last year was due to a good Defense No.1 in a tough conference.These JR. and SR. were undefeated in 7th and 8th and know how too win.We love our Head Coach and his coaching staff.If you guys are fence huggers I'll come over and say Hi before game.