Any CPA Posters this year?

CPA4Ever

Wondering if there are any CPA fans that are going to be on Coacht this year? I will only be able to go to a couple of games this year, but would be interested in any news, discussion, or reports from those close to the program.

I do know their schedule is a killer. Looks like playoffs will be a long shot.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, CPA schedule is very tough. Hope they can make it thru to playoffs.

Good to see you are still on CoachT, FBGirl. I will be at the first game and maybe a couple of others. Hope the Lions can stay healthy and some of the young guys step up.

Genovese, Woodall, Nichols, Trapnell, Cranford, Williams and Curtis should have a good year if they stay healthy. Need some of the young linemen to grow up fast.

Do we have any new players this year that might be impact?

Edited by CPA4Ever

Congrats to CPA on a big win tonight. Always like to see a Tennessee TCB against the blue state. :thumb:

Really good win for a pretty young CPA team holding the defending 2A (I think) Ky. State Champs to 21 points after giving up 55 to them last year.

CPA's defense was really flying around the field and held Ft.Camp. to 8 first half points and only a couple of big plays, while getting an interception.

CPA's top 6 offensive linemen are all Freshmen and Soph., and they started another Freshman on the DL.

CPA's WR, Cranford, is going to be hard to defend at 6'2" and had over 100 yards receiving (and the winning TD).

They have a super tough schedule this year (Goodpasture, Maplewood, Pearl Cohn, etc.) but could surprise some folks,like they did tonight, if they can stay healthy and the young linemen get some experience.

Really good win for a pretty young CPA team holding the defending 2A (I think) Ky. State Champs to 21 points after giving up 55 to them last year.

CPA's defense was really flying around the field and held Ft.Camp. to 8 first half points and only a couple of big plays, while getting an interception.

CPA's top 6 offensive linemen are all Freshmen and Soph., and they started another Freshman on the DL.

CPA's WR, Cranford, is going to be hard to defend at 6'2" and had over 100 yards receiving (and the winning TD).

They have a super tough schedule this year (Goodpasture, Maplewood, Pearl Cohn, etc.) but could surprise some folks,like they did tonight, if they can stay healthy and the young linemen get some experience.

I think CPA was up 16-0 in the third quarter. The defense held Fort Campbell to only 2 first downs in the first half. In the second half the CPA defense gave up 3 big plays that went for TDs. Fort Campbell has won 42 of the last 43 games and was KY 2A champions for the last 3 years. So this was a big win for a young CPA team that starts 6 sophomores on defense. It looks like they are growing up fast.

I thought the CPA offense was sporadic at best. The passing game was on most of the night, but they ended up running the ball about 30 times for about 15 yards total. Woodall seems to be shelved for the time being. Maybe they are saving him for district????

I think CPA was up 16-0 in the third quarter. The defense held Fort Campbell to only 2 first downs in the first half. In the second half the CPA defense gave up 3 big plays that went for TDs. Fort Campbell has won 42 of the last 43 games and was KY 2A champions for the last 3 years. So this was a big win for a young CPA team that starts 6 sophomores on defense. It looks like they are growing up fast.

I thought the CPA offense was sporadic at best. The passing game was on most of the night, but they ended up running the ball about 30 times for about 15 yards total. Woodall seems to be shelved for the time being. Maybe they are saving him for district????

You're right. 10-0 at half. 16-0 early in 3rd qtr. after returning the 2nd half KO about 70 yards to the 10YL, getting an excessive celebration penalty, then punching it in from the 25. Missed the PAT, so that kept them from being up 3 scores instead of 2.

FC scored quick after that and made the 2 pt. PAT, so only down one score at the end of the 3rd. CPA was in control big before FC score in the 3rd and gained momentum, but on FC next drive, they were moving the ball, then fumbled at about midfield, giving CPA back the momentum.

CPA had a good drive in the 4th and scored. Making the PAT put them up 2 scores again. FC scored with less than 2 min. to go, but left the onside kick less than 10 yards, so CPA ran out the clock.

You're right. 10-0 at half. 16-0 early in 3rd qtr. after returning the 2nd half KO about 70 yards to the 10YL, getting an excessive celebration penalty, then punching it in from the 25. Missed the PAT, so that kept them from being up 3 scores instead of 2.

FC scored quick after that and made the 2 pt. PAT, so only down one score at the end of the 3rd. CPA was in control big before FC score in the 3rd and gained momentum, but on FC next drive, they were moving the ball, then fumbled at about midfield, giving CPA back the momentum.

CPA had a good drive in the 4th and scored. Making the PAT put them up 2 scores again. FC scored with less than 2 min. to go, but left the onside kick less than 10 yards, so CPA ran out the clock.

It was a great win for the school. players and coaches and I don't want to take anything away from that; however, I don't understand the emphasis on running the ball when prior to the last minute of the game CPA running game was 25 carries for 0 yards. In the last 4th quarter drive the play calls were run on first down for no gain, run on second down for no gain or a loss, then pass on third down and pick up a first down. Must have done this 6 times in a row. It worked but it was driving me crazy.