Any CPA Posters this year?

CPA4Ever

It was a great win for the school. players and coaches and I don't want to take anything away from that; however, I don't understand the emphasis on running the ball when prior to the last minute of the game CPA running game was 25 carries for 0 yards. In the last 4th quarter drive the play calls were run on first down for no gain, run on second down for no gain or a loss, then pass on third down and pick up a first down. Must have done this 6 times in a row. It worked but it was driving me crazy.

You cannot throw effectively against a talented defensive team if you do not try to run the ball. They have to defend the possibility of a run in order for our passing game to have a chance. FC had good, fast DB's who had to be convinced there was a possibility for a running play or our receivers never would have had a chance to get open.

What was really maddening was that we didn't take a knee on the last drive, and risked a fumble, when we could run the clock down to a few seconds before giving up the ball.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering if there are any CPA fans that are going to be on Coacht this year? I will only be able to go to a couple of games this year, but would be interested in any news, discussion, or reports from those close to the program.

I do know their schedule is a killer. Looks like playoffs will be a long shot.

i am a huge CPA fan and we looked great against Fort Campbell Friday night. Tough scheduled but we will take it one week at a time.

What do you know about Lexington Christian this year? I think they won the KY 1A championship last year; however, didn't CPA take them to OT last year at home before losing on a two point conversion attempt? Aren't they more of a passing team than running team?

I don't know anything about them, but we're playing in Graves Co. Saturday night. It's some type of Bowl game. Last year we played Mayfield, who is a traditional power in KY 1A, which lost to Lexington Christian in the championship game. To make a long story short, it's been said that Mayfield wouldn't win another state title, as long as LC was in 1A. Evidently they are pretty good.

Did everybody stay healthy this last week? I couldn't make the game.

Notice Hooper did not play 1st game. Is he back, or when will he be?

We probably have to end up 4-2 in Region to make playoffs - right? That will require a win against both Whites Creek and Lipscomb probably (plus Stratford and E. Lit.). Goodpasture,Maplewood and Pearl Cohn will be hard to beat.

Did everybody stay healthy this last week? I couldn't make the game.

Notice Hooper did not play 1st game. Is he back, or when will he be?

We probably have to end up 4-2 in Region to make playoffs - right? That will require a win against both Whites Creek and Lipscomb probably (plus Stratford and E. Lit.). Goodpasture,Maplewood and Pearl Cohn will be hard to beat.

The only injury that may affect next Friday (that I know of) may be James Elliott - hip flexor. Hooper did not play, but I think he is back this week. Chris Thomason (OL) should be back this week as well. The only 3A teams in our region are CPA, East Lit and Pearl Cohn. All the other teams are 4A. So if CPA beats East Lit and Pearl Cohn, they are in the playoffs (assuming this is correct as it was last year).

As I understand the TSSAA, Changes to the playoffs are only the first two teams of the district are auto qualifiers (regardless of class). Everyone else falls to wildcard status. Anyone confirm that? Do not feel that is fair to the lesser class in the district but that is TSSAA thinking. There are 4(I think) districts that only have one 4A school so there could be only 4 auto qualifiers for playoffs. That is the way the TSSAA is set up. Of course, they won't happen but several 3A teams that auto qualified last year might not this year.

Hooper can start working out again on Monday.

Edited by FBGIRL

That is correct. Only the top 2 in each district qualify for the playoffs. Classification does not matter. If CPA happens to beat Pearl Cohn and East Lit. but loses their other games and ends up 4-6 they probably would not make the playoffs. That makes these first 2 wins really important. I do think it is a shame that a win against a out of state team is just as important as a district win. The first thing they look at for wildcard slots is overall record. The quality of competition means nothing.