Memphis Central

MTOWN21

It is obvious none of the rest of us knew the program in Memphis and the many reasons it was being done the way it is. The main thing though, it is the system and it has been approved to do what is being done and it has been determined that it is in the best interest of the school system in Memphis and the students being educated. I believe we all can wish that all students in the District have a great school year. I'm sure many who have read this have gotten some great ideas on how to motivate some of thier students. Good Luck.

For those who have some interest in learning about the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, Google it on your computer for a detailed explanation of the program, a two year program encompassing all grades. This is available for private and public schools. In 2011, a course of study is available of religions throughout the world and their commonalties.

There is a Foundation involved with this program and an on line course of study and the possibility of money to the schools and the Program covers many countries all over the world. There are numerous schools in the States involved with the studies. There is enough information on the internet which can give anybody interested in finding out about the program. The Tennessee Dept of Education would have to know about the course of study. The course of study somehow fits a need. I'm not sure that all Magnets are involved with this study in Memphis. Many may be able to go to the school for a course of study and rightly so.

That sounds reasonable. Now if we can encourage the AAA school out of District 2 to come to the Boro, maybe they won't have to go to Arizona to find that great competition they are looking for. It's not only right under their nose, they might find it hard to beat. But then they may be just looking for a trip.

Wow, just take a shot at everybody while you're at it. I am sure there are some class A or AA in Podunk, TN, who have some "shady" dealings, too. The school in District 2 you are referring to is Morristown West. They did not go to Arizona to find greater competition. Rather, it was a reward for the team after much success the previous year. Also, it was a chance for these girls to represent the state in a national tournament. I am sure the Memphis Central fans on this thread would agree with me on that. It's not a competition thing. It's an opportunity to put the players in the spotlight and, one hopes, get notices by D1 colleges.

As for this year, Morristown West is going out of state again. They were INVITED, and accepted, an opportunity to play in a Tournament of Champions event in Springfield, MO. This tournament invites the champ and runner-up from Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas and other surrounding states to come play. Riverdale was probably invited being the AAA champ, though I do not know if they accepted. Morristown West is also playing in a Thanksgiving event in Happy Valley.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just wanted to clear that up. Best of luck to Central. I really enjoyed the OT game at the state tournament last year. One of the best games of the event (outside MJ/Riverdale). You guys have an amazing team.

Wow, just take a shot at everybody while you're at it. I am sure there are some class A or AA in Podunk, TN, who have some "shady" dealings, too. The school in District 2 you are referring to is Morristown West. They did not go to Arizona to find greater competition. Rather, it was a reward for the team after much success the previous year. Also, it was a chance for these girls to represent the state in a national tournament. I am sure the Memphis Central fans on this thread would agree with me on that. It's not a competition thing. It's an opportunity to put the players in the spotlight and, one hopes, get notices by D1 colleges.

As for this year, Morristown West is going out of state again. They were INVITED, and accepted, an opportunity to play in a Tournament of Champions event in Springfield, MO. This tournament invites the champ and runner-up from Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas and other surrounding states to come play. Riverdale was probably invited being the AAA champ, though I do not know if they accepted. Morristown West is also playing in a Thanksgiving event in Happy Valley.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just wanted to clear that up. Best of luck to Central. I really enjoyed the OT game at the state tournament last year. One of the best games of the event (outside MJ/Riverdale). You guys have an amazing team.

Why WMTN, your conscious hurting you? Another reason not to play in state schools, and some very good ones with some great coaches. The place was The Boro, I guess you see Memphis Central is there and a few more Podunk schools also. the explanation didn't work last year and your recap doesn't this year. Just another way to find a way out. You weren't invited anyway. Hijack anytime you want, its just nobody is listening anymore. Its evident your absense means you are hiding something. We're not looking for any "National Power". You'll have to earn your invitation here.

Why WMTN, your conscious hurting you? Another reason not to play in state schools, and some very good ones with some great coaches. The place was The Boro, I guess you see Memphis Central is there and a few more Podunk schools also. the explanation didn't work last year and your recap doesn't this year. Just another way to find a way out. You weren't invited anyway. Hijack anytime you want, its just nobody is listening anymore. Its evident your absense means you are hiding something. We're not looking for any "National Power". You'll have to earn your invitation here.

You can spin this anyway you want. I don't have anything on my conscience. I think it is your tired argument that people are exhausted of reading. My explanation didn't work (FOR YOU) last year because (YOU) refused to believe that a school simply went out of state to reward its players and showcase the team in front of D1 coaches.

I don't understand why you continue to perceive that teams who play out of state are running from others? For one, last year's Morristown West team would take on any and all comers. I am sure this year's team, while much younger with four starters having graduated, would do the same. Second, Jefferson County High had scheduled a tournament in Hilton Head, SC, this year as a true reward to its players. They even called it such. Unfortunately, I believe that trip fell through. But still...nobody is running from in-state competition, certainly not Morristown West OR Memphis Central. Why can't you just understand this?

Let me give you another example...Morristown West's schedule features in the FIRST FOUR GAMES OF THE SEASON: trips to Campbell County, South Greene, Oak Ridge and playing Elizabethton in their backyard at Happy Valley tournament. Campbell is a solid program in District 3. The others are all state powers who have been or were at the state tournament last year. They are working on scheduling the Science Hills, Dobyns-Bennetts and Maryvilles of the state for the coming years. What more do you want???

Oh, more proof you ask? How about the fact that they have participated in the Greene Bank Ladies Classic in Greeneville. A tournament that is one of the biggest events in girls basketball in the state of Tennessee. Oak Ridge, Cleveland, Mount Juliet, Wilson Central, South Greene, etc. have all been featured in this event. Why, in just one year Morristown West faced Shelbyville, Dobyns-Bennett, South Greene and Maryville at this tournament.

Again, last year, the girls at West High didn't run from anyone. They played and beat Walker Valley and Memphis Central at your precious BORO. They fell to a really good Riverdale team. And Morristown West didn't need any invitation to play at the BORO. They earned their spot there, just like the rest of the teams.

Besides, the whole intent of my argument, which you have obviously missed, is that whether it is Morristown West or Memphis Central or any school in A or AA, if they have the opportunity to go out of state to play in a tournament, why shouldn't they take the opportunity? It is a chance to showcase your team elsewhere. I don't understand why you have such a problem with this. In the end, the teams that are good enough play in the "Glass House" for the ultimate prize (state championship). They are put on display for the entire state to see.

But I am sure there are supporters of Dallas Skyline High School in Texas griping about the fact their team went to Phoenix, AZ, and beat a team from Tennessee.

Edited by WMTNTrojans

And by the way, "my argument continues to be the same" because you have yet to refute it. Telling someone they are wrong and accusing them of being a coward does not win arguments.

And westtnballer's points to you are all the same as mine. Yet, you tell this person good points and accuse me of having a "hurt conscience." I argue it is a reward for the players and program, and a chance to play in front of D1 coaches who attend these national tournaments. All of these are the same points westtnballer made to you earlier.

Edited by WMTNTrojans

I agree with you, hands down. Go play and compete in Missouri for that state championship. Nobody cares or knows who you are. You can establish an identity there. You are now losing the one you had here. You are too good to play with the Podunks here. Your post will now go on a lot of message boards.

The real funny thing about this is WTBaller lives and is posting from Missouri. He doen't know who your team is and likely has not even seen it. Last I heard you don't have a coach. Huh, incentive to go becasue you have a new coach. How many scouts is that going to impress? Have a good trip.

Edited by PHargis

I agree with you, hands down. Go play and compete in Missouri for that state championship. Nobody cares or knows who you are. You can establish an identity there. You are now losing the one you had here. You are too good to play with the Podunks here. Your post will now go on a lot of message boards.

The real funny thing about this is WTBaller lives and is posting from Missouri. He doen't know who your team is and likely has not even seen it. Last I heard you don't have a coach. Huh, incentive to go becasue you have a new coach. How many scouts is that going to impress? Have a good trip.

PHARGIS,

I dont understand why you have a gripe against other schools going out of state to play. They arent doing anything wrong, and why wouldnt a coach want his kids playing in major tournaments to get their kids exposure

Haha, wow. Just wow. You have totally whiffed on everything. First of all, Johnny Galyon is not "new" to Morristown West. This will be his 12th season as coach. He has a record of 267-69. And he's not taking his team to Missouri to compete for a state championship. He's taking them to compete in a tournament that has schools who won state championships in the surrounding states the previous year. I see nothing wrong with this.

And I just showed you in my previous post that West High is not "too good" to play with competition around here. Let me repeat their opening schedule...I will do it slowly and in all caps so you can understand...AT CAMPBELL COUNTY...AT SOUTH GREENE...AT OAK RIDGE...ELIZABETHTON. For those not familiar with East TN basketball, three of those teams are routinely in Murfreesboro in March.

And you can stop with the "Podunk" comment. You have obviously misread and spun that one to suit your own skewed reality. And if my post goes on a lot of message boards...it is because you put it there to spread your fodder.

Edited by WMTNTrojans

Haha, wow. Just wow. You have totally whiffed on everything. First of all, Johnny Galyon is not "new" to Morristown West. This will be his 12th season as coach. He has a record of 267-69. And he's not taking his team to Missouri to compete for a state championship. He's taking them to compete in a tournament that has schools who won state championships in the surrounding states the previous year. I see nothing wrong with this.

And I just showed you in my previous post that West High is not "too good" to play with competition around here. Let me repeat their opening schedule...I will do it slowly and in all caps so you can understand...AT CAMPBELL COUNTY...AT SOUTH GREENE...AT OAK RIDGE...ELIZABETHTON. For those not familiar with East TN basketball, three of those teams are routinely in Murfreesboro in March.

And you can stop with the "Podunk" comment. You have obviously misread and spun that one to suit your own skewed reality. And if my post goes on a lot of message boards...it is because you put it there to spread your fodder.

This site is for memphis Central and we are taking up their thread. Start your own thread and I'll debate you there. I'm hearing the same excuses as last year. Those are great schools but they read the same thing I read from one of your followers last year, just no competition. "We have to go to Phoenix". Now are we going to hear "We just have to go to Missouri". I agree, you do. Start your own thread. I'm out of this one.