Memphis Central

MTOWN21

I am going on record to say.............

Memphis Central will dominate every team they face (in state) this year.

With the talent they have coming back and the freshman class coming in, no one will come within 15pts of beating them.

Boom.....1st shot fired!

Edited by MTOWN21

MC, I appreciate you not being hesitant to make a statement in August, early enough for everyone to think about it and get ready. Some already think you are misguided and others see the target on your back. Hope you've got all of the players in School and are zoned for the right school. OHH, I forgot some say Memphis isn't zoned. We will keep this post on record for schools to see later on and hope you elect to play state schools during the year instead of dodging them to play out of state. If you can spend all of this money to travel out of state, you can surely spend some to travel in state to get beaten.

Edited by PHargis

I would've loved to have seen this past years Gibson Co. team play Memphis Central, but not this upcoming year, lol. Memphis Central is young and GOOD!

GC that would have been a perfect Christmas tourney matchup...I would have loved to watch that one myself. I know Central was and still is stacked but what about you guys....Danille Ballard is a real gamer

I would've loved to have seen this past years Gibson Co. team play Memphis Central, but not this upcoming year, lol. Memphis Central is young and GOOD!

By the quote I did suspect it. Young usually has another word that is associated with it when discussing freshman. Inexperienced. Knowing they likely came thru Memphis AAU, they have some background. Zoning is a problem if everything is open zoned. Every good player winds up at one school. Since Riverdale did go to memphis last year, there may be a home and home contract that Central would come to Riverdale this year. Don't know. RDMan likely has the scoop.

By the quote I did suspect it. Young usually has another word that is associated with it when discussing freshman. Inexperienced. Knowing they likely came thru Memphis AAU, they have some background. Zoning is a problem if everything is open zoned. Every good player winds up at one school. Since Riverdale did go to memphis last year, there may be a home and home contract that Central would come to Riverdale this year. Don't know. RDMan likely has the scoop.

They are coming to RHS this season. I guarantee the Lady Warriors get within 15pts of Central. Could be the other way around!

That sounds reasonable. Now if we can encourage the AAA school out of District 2 to come to the Boro, maybe they won't have to go to Arizona to find that great competition they are looking for. It's not only right under their nose, they might find it hard to beat. But then they may be just looking for a trip.

GC that would have been a perfect Christmas tourney matchup...I would have loved to watch that one myself. I know Central was and still is stacked but what about you guys....Danille Ballard is a real gamer

Man, GC is still going to be good this year even after our big 3 graduate. I'm telling ya, if we avoid Bolivar in the region tournaments, I think we can be back in Murfreesboro for state.

Memphis Central will be out of GC's class next year. Ballard is for real and could be the next big thing out of the state of Tennessee.

Man, GC is still going to be good this year even after our big 3 graduate. I'm telling ya, if we avoid Bolivar in the region tournaments, I think we can be back in Murfreesboro for state.

Memphis Central will be out of GC's class next year. Ballard is for real and could be the next big thing out of the state of Tennessee.

Ballard may well be. What is the deal with Whiteside....she was supposed to be the go to girl. I did not see her around this summer playing in any of the big tourneys??

Memphis is not open zoned, but Central for example is an Optional school with a College Prep program. Students are zoned for the Central High district, but students can also apply under the Optional program. But not any player can come just cause they apply, there are high academic standards for those that get an Optional transfer.

Memphis is not open zoned, but Central for example is an Optional school with a College Prep program. Students are zoned for the Central High district, but students can also apply under the Optional program. But not any player can come just cause they apply, there are high academic standards for those that get an Optional transfer.

I realize this might be a little off point and I don't have a horse in this race; however, isn't "high academic standards" and Memphis city schools an oxymoron? To be fair, I've heard White Station is a good school academically, but I've never heard any other non-privates mentioned as such...Regardless, Memphis high schools have been known as long as I can remember for stacking various athletic teams with 'out of zone' players. Just sayin'...