BIG 8 in Week 0

crawdad

I respect the tradition of D-B. And believe me I know Crockett has very little football tradition. However, when is the last time D-B won a state title? TN High won the last state title in upper East Tennessee. Then Morristown East in 69'? Greeneville has come the closest since. That being last year.

DCF . . . Good to see you. We don't see many Crockett posters around here. How do y'all feel about your up coming game with S. East?

Edited by The Hill

YAWN -- We all know Bud how many games you boys have won over there. We've heard these points over and over again. :wacko:

Totally agree!!! I have searched this thread and for the life of my I can't find anywhere that questions who plays who out of what region.....same old junk every year! It's old!

With that said back to the thread:

Boone 28 Seymour 7

Betsy 35 Volunteer 7

Hill 24 Daisy 14

North 28 Central 14

East 10 Crockett 13

DB 28 Farragut 17

West 24 South 17....Prove me wrong boys!!!

Edited by 83SouthRebel

I respect the tradition of D-B. And believe me I know Crockett has very little football tradition. However, when is the last time D-B won a state title? TN High won the last state title in upper East Tennessee. Then Morristown East in 69'? Greeneville has come the closest since. That being last year.

First,I picked you guys to open with a win.I may be wrong on the numbers. If I were Elizabethton and could play in 4A,I'd move today. Elizabethton won it in 1938 in a one year playoff deal.They were the only champion that year.Jeff County was last team nearest to us to win it in 1987{I think}I corrected myself on the other.I don't know if a team can still play up the way the Devils used to or not.DB's last one was 1964.They have been voted champs 13 times

Edited by BatmanDB

Everyone go right here before you argue http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/fbplayoff.cfm

See that DB has defeated teams west of morristown 100 times more then any upper east tn school. Why does it matter? Because when you look at it, no matter the size of the school, upper east tn schools have 1 or 2 or sometimes NO wins over teams West of Morristown. Why? The talent. One exception DB! Look at regular season wins in conference against Knoxville teams, out of conference vs Oak Ridge, etc. The point is, all of you fools that say DB is a 1st round loss fail to realize that that 1st round loss is to a Knoxville or more western area team. Your weak playoff course allows you to avoid Knoxville until the semis or sometimes more. Point is, our first round loss to Maryville or Ooltewah is way tougher then even a semi final loss to Greeneville or Morristown East. You people that make fun of a DB 1st round loss fail to realize that your own schools late round loss is evev weaker.

Don't believe me??!!

Go to my link and compare DB playoff wins over teams west of morristown to your school, then proceed to realize how you have now idea about the different levels of football around the state. Then, go do research on regular season, and see how many more wins we have in that area too. And for the idiot that will say we are a bigger school (it is ok, I planned on county school, TN High fans (Cap1) and others to mention that) it does not matter becuase even in your own CLASSIFICATION you can hardly EVER get pasy Morristown. DB does it all the time, so DB thus plays the best ball in upper east tn. Sorry South, TN High, and others, see your record. The wall is Knoxville and beyond and you just can't beat those teams.

So your first round loss jokes are pointless, because if there were other 6A schools in upper east tn we would beat them. And if South, TN High etc, had to play KNoxville teams or west, you all always 99.9% of the time lose. Please try to argue and spin that, numbers don't lie.

Basically, unleess you can show me more wins over teams west of morristown then DB, you lose because DB beats these teams of equal size and you all can't. History shows that upper east TN has the least state titles compared to the rest of the state. So you all really need to pick it up, cause at least DB wins over these teams sometimes. I bet Cap1 comes back with the 72 or 73 team. Nobody cares, this is within last 25 years. Dig for numbers, I did and you ain't gonna win.

Bud first of all, all the other teams in NE TN, with the exception of Science Hill, are in a lower classification than DB. It is not the 5A teams in the Big 8 faults that there are enough 5A teams in NE TN to where they dont have to play a team west of Morristown until the semis. D-B just has the luck of there not being another 6A team other than Science Hill in NE TN. Why blame the smaller schools for not playing any teams west of Morristown until the semis when they have no control over it??? I agree with you that DB has way more victories over teams in the Knoxville area and farther than any other team in NE TN but remember they usually play 2 to 3 teams west of Morristown every year even before the playoffs so they get a lot more chances to beat those teams and they should play those teams because in most years not many teams in the Tri-Cities area can really compete with DB so i give DB props for seeking better competition year in and year out but they should be playing those teams because thats who they will be facing come playoff time. If youre a 5A team why worry about playing 2-3 knoxville teams every year when you dont even have to worry about them until the semis??? Dont be bashing the smaller schools for not beating more Knoxville teams when in reality they dont need to play or even worry about those schools until very late in the season! Good luck to all NE TN teams INCLUDING D-B!!!

WHAT you talking!!!!!LOL :roflol:

Everyone go right here before you argue http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/fbplayoff.cfm

See that DB has defeated teams west of morristown 100 times more then any upper east tn school. Why does it matter? Because when you look at it, no matter the size of the school, upper east tn schools have 1 or 2 or sometimes NO wins over teams West of Morristown. Why? The talent. One exception DB! Look at regular season wins in conference against Knoxville teams, out of conference vs Oak Ridge, etc. The point is, all of you fools that say DB is a 1st round loss fail to realize that that 1st round loss is to a Knoxville or more western area team. Your weak playoff course allows you to avoid Knoxville until the semis or sometimes more. Point is, our first round loss to Maryville or Ooltewah is way tougher then even a semi final loss to Greeneville or Morristown East. You people that make fun of a DB 1st round loss fail to realize that your own schools late round loss is evev weaker.

Don't believe me??!!

Go to my link and compare DB playoff wins over teams west of morristown to your school, then proceed to realize how you have now idea about the different levels of football around the state. Then, go do research on regular season, and see how many more wins we have in that area too. And for the idiot that will say we are a bigger school (it is ok, I planned on county school, TN High fans (Cap1) and others to mention that) it does not matter becuase even in your own CLASSIFICATION you can hardly EVER get pasy Morristown. DB does it all the time, so DB thus plays the best ball in upper east tn. Sorry South, TN High, and others, see your record. The wall is Knoxville and beyond and you just can't beat those teams.

So your first round loss jokes are pointless, because if there were other 6A schools in upper east tn we would beat them. And if South, TN High etc, had to play KNoxville teams or west, you all always 99.9% of the time lose. Please try to argue and spin that, numbers don't lie.

Basically, unleess you can show me more wins over teams west of morristown then DB, you lose because DB beats these teams of equal size and you all can't. History shows that upper east TN has the least state titles compared to the rest of the state. So you all really need to pick it up, cause at least DB wins over these teams sometimes. I bet Cap1 comes back with the 72 or 73 team. Nobody cares, this is within last 25 years. Dig for numbers, I did and you ain't gonna win.

Bud IMO... your boys better get a couple of wins under their belt before you start all the chest thumpin... you know what happened last year after everybody whipped em out and started measuring before the season started. You spent half the last page rambling on about what DB has done in the past... and to be honest... the answer is NOTHING without a Gold Ball or at least a simi or finals appearance! Why don't you give the peacock crap a rest... nobody wants to have this same ol DB history lesson year after year after year!!! Here's somethin you can put in your stat book... DB came to the Castle in 09' and got THUMPED!! Now make sure you write that one down. Here's another stat you may want to put down in your book.... all those "Knoxville" teams you line up against in the past aint nothin compared to what you have to face FROM NOW ON and into the future in Maryville... NONE of them compare!!! And you can go on ANY stat site for your prof. So why don't you line up against your competition, and let the rest of us "unworthies" line up against ours... and lets see who make history first. You see you are a prime example of why people hate on DB. You get a little promise of a successful season and feel everyone must bow down. NEWS FLASH.... IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!! ;)

And for the record... you STILL don't get the benefit of 6A over 5A... even after the picture book I made for you. Why is it that you only have 63 kids out of that massive school that wanted to play football for Graham Clark. And why do so many of the promising player and their families go to such lengths to get away from the MIGHTY DB and ALL their history. Just a couple of point that make you go hummmmm... :hungry:

Don't believe me??!!

Bud after the way Cap just owned you I believe I would go sit in a corner and be quiet. I was gonna chime in but I actually feel sorry for you now. Good luck with that one and done thing.

Cap let me ask you something,Why you keep bringing up Maryville when your team couldnt beat them in 5A.Not even your MN,BA,MB Lead team in 2001. Heck yall cant beat Morristown West but what every 5 yrs.Dude its funny as heck to see fans hate a school so bad cause they cant beat them but every 10 or so yrs!And some cant do it then.Another thang thats funny is when you luck up and win {1 out of 10 yrs}you go on about it.Let me ask you i bet if you had beat Maryville that yr,you would have been going on how great tenn high is and think there on Maryvilles level.D-B is not winning state titles but they've owned all the teams around here.you want to talk 5A when you lose but Forget about it when you win.How about your rivil East and Vir. High there smaller schools but thats Different right.Dang yall some HATERS cause yall cant do what we do.but every 3 or 4 yrs. :thumb: