Boys Basketball

deesnutz

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but I think I would take Bolivar the 2AA spot. The are defending champions though they lost both of their guards. They still are talented and if the Robertson kid is for real and with players like Polk and Woods kid; I think they should be on top and the end.

Western TN has certainly dominated the AA championships recently, but I will go out on a limb and say East TN has its best shot in a loooooong time to bring home the trophy, across so many different teams, to this end of the state. We will definately have the most competitive district in the state in AA during the season imo.

Carter, Fulton, GP and AE will all be possibilities to extend their season to the final 4. Carter returns just about everybody :thumb: , Fulton has help now for Galen (like he needed much lol), I have the feeling Lopez won't be the only terror on the court for AE, and GP has talent and solid team chemistry (but unfortunately not the tradition - can they overcome that?).

Looking forward to Rocky Top play to get a feel for what we have upcoming this winter!

:popcorneater:

AAA... Melrose

AA... I honestly don't know, but just because I know they're usually good at basketball, I'll have to put Bolivar. I don't know what Liberty has this upcoming season, except that they're also good.

A... I have a lot to say about Class A. As much as I would LOVE to put Humboldt, Union City, or Lake County at the top, I'm going to say Clarksville Academy (ONLY because they won State last year... and I know that they're returning the Smith brothers). However, I'm still going to stand my ground when I say that I wasn't impressed with Clarksville when I saw them play in State this past year... Nowhere near as good as some of the former top Class A teams. I'm going to be disappointed if they play at the same level and still win it this year. I know this may sound harsh, but I feel that many people who've seen the top Class A teams in the past would agree with me on this one.

Edited by igloo

Western TN has certainly dominated the AA championships recently, but I will go out on a limb and say East TN has its best shot in a loooooong time to bring home the trophy, across so many different teams, to this end of the state. We will definately have the most competitive district in the state in AA during the season imo.

Carter, Fulton, GP and AE will all be possibilities to extend their season to the final 4. Carter returns just about everybody :thumb: , Fulton has help now for Galen (like he needed much lol), I have the feeling Lopez won't be the only terror on the court for AE, and GP has talent and solid team chemistry (but unfortunately not the tradition - can they overcome that?).

Looking forward to Rocky Top play to get a feel for what we have upcoming this winter!

:popcorneater:

what are you talking about Fulton won back to back a couple years ago

I agree but I think I would take Bolivar the 2AA spot. The are defending champions though they lost both of their guards. They still are talented and if the Robertson kid is for real and with players like Polk and Woods kid; I think they should be on top and the end.

Cant agree that West Tn. has dominated AA of late. Fulton has won 2 of the past 3 state championships in that classification. I can agree that the District with Carter, Fulton, A.E., and G.P. will be ultra competitive any one of those 4 teams have the talent to go deep into the play offs and possibly win a Gold Ball, and don't forget Gibbs who will be much improved. Also when you venture out into the region you can add Alcoa and Stone Memorial to the mix. There will be alot of good AA teams with potential to win a state tournament sitting at home come March.

Cant agree that West Tn. has dominated AA of late. Fulton has won 2 of the past 3 state championships in that classification. I can agree that the District with Carter, Fulton, A.E., and G.P. will be ultra competitive any one of those 4 teams have the talent to go deep into the play offs and possibly win a Gold Ball, and don't forget Gibbs who will be much improved. Also when you venture out into the region you can add Alcoa and Stone Memorial to the mix. There will be alot of good AA teams with potential to win a state tournament sitting at home come March.

Let me clarify . . . going back the last 10 years in AA bball in TN, out of the 20 teams that have played for the championship 17 (yep 17) have been from the western part of TN (using Nashville as the center line). If you want to use the 3 grand divisions, it is literally 15. If that ain't dominate, I'm not sure what is.

We are talking Bolivar, Liberty Tech, B.T. Washington, Mitchell, Raleigh-Egypt, Ridgeway - my point was and is that they have talent spread over quite a few schools; in the east we had a loaded Fulton team for 2 years, and an AE runner up team in 2001.

This year we see talent spread across 4-6 teams in East TN in AA with a legit shot at a championship, and that was my simple point.

Edited by MMcCroskey