Waverly vs. Lewis County (Prediction)

TheExpert

Ok Expert...here we go again. I dunno why you try to get on here and dog everyone from Lewis Co. but I went and did a little investigating of my own and you will be suprsed what i have found.

Lewis Co-(5-1)

Moore co.(1-4)= W 51-14

Mt. Pleasant(0-6)= W 61-0

Harpeth(1-4)= W 35-6

Riverside(4-1)= L 21-14

Fairview(4-2)= W 14-0

Law. Co.(0-5)= W 26-12

Waverly-(4-1)

Camden(0-5)= W 21-0

Richland(1-4)= W 48-0

Houston Co.(0-5)= W 33-14

Harpeth(1-4)= W 18-0

Mont. Cent.(3-2= L 13-9

Now I dunno about you but if my results are right then that adds up to be 10-22 combined opponents win/loss for Lewis Co. and 5-20 for Waverly. We both have played only one team alike which was harpeth with us beating them 11 more points than you did. May I also point out that against the weaker teams we have put them away early and beat them easier than Waverly. So with this said I am gonna stick with my prediction as stated earlier and say Waverly has not played one team worth basing their future on. I guess this is why we play on Fri nights though.....to see who wins on the field and not on paper. Better bring your A game bc I got a feeling Jessie isn't gonna be enough to beat us. Good luck Panthers!!!!!! By the way I am gonna say Waverly wins 1 more on their schedule....which is Stewart co. Losses to Lewis Co,Loretto,Riverside, and Fairview. And also may I add that Waverly comes in with an outstanding strength of schedule holding down the 40th spot!!!!! Come on Expert. You are dogging Lewis Co. about their schedule when you are holding the 9th easiest in the state!!!! Also if you would look to the chart to your right...not your left...that you would find Lewis Co.'s success rating is 13th at 1.21 right behind Waverly at #14 at 1.22. Enough said!!!

[Edited by pantherman on 9-30-02 12:14P]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that this friday nights game will be a good test for Lewis Co. The Panthers have not played very well the last few weeks. If Waverly can throw then they might have a little success but I expect that Lewis will regain their form this week and carry it throuhout the rest of the season. With this being homecoming for LC, that gives them the emotional edge that they need.

Lewis 35

Waverly 21

Waverly's strength has been their defense, which has been exceptional. Montgomery Central was a tough team and Waverly kept them under 20. I would hope we would score 35 points in the game but am not counting on it. In every successful season, the defense is gonna have to rise up and win a game or two for you during the season. And the time has come for that to happen.

Our pass defense has been somewhat more than shaky and I have to think that those problems are gonna be addressed. But with that said, Waverly doesn't beat you throwing the football, they line up and bring it right at you, much like Riverside and Fairview but as I understand, their lineplay may be even better?

I expect a very close football game some where along the lines of 21-13... 20-14... maybe even a tad closer than that?

Posted by pantherman:

Ok Expert...here we go again. I dunno why you try to get on here and dog everyone from Lewis Co. but I went and did a little investigating of my own and you will be suprsed what i have found.

Lewis Co-(5-1)

Moore co.(1-4)= W 51-14

Mt. Pleasant(0-6)= W 61-0

Harpeth(1-4)= W 35-6

Riverside(4-1)= L 21-14

Fairview(4-2)= W 14-0

Law. Co.(0-5)= W 26-12

Waverly-(4-1)

Camden(0-5)= W 21-0

Richland(1-4)= W 48-0

Houston Co.(0-5)= W 33-14

Harpeth(1-4)= W 18-0

Mont. Cent.(3-2= L 13-9

Now I dunno about you but if my results are right then that adds up to be 10-22 combined opponents win/loss for Lewis Co. and 5-20 for Waverly. We both have played only one team alike which was harpeth with us beating them 11 more points than you did. May I also point out that against the weaker teams we have put them away early and beat them easier than Waverly. So with this said I am gonna stick with my prediction as stated earlier and say Waverly has not played one team worth basing their future on. I guess this is why we play on Fri nights though.....to see who wins on the field and not on paper. Better bring your A game bc I got a feeling Jessie isn't gonna be enough to beat us. Good luck Panthers!!!!!! By the way I am gonna say Waverly wins 1 more on their schedule....which is Stewart co. Losses to Lewis Co,Loretto,Riverside, and Fairview. And also may I add that Waverly comes in with an outstanding strength of schedule holding down the 40th spot!!!!! Come on Expert. You are dogging Lewis Co. about their schedule when you are holding the 9th easiest in the state!!!! Also if you would look to the chart to your right...not your left...that you would find Lewis Co.'s success rating is 13th at 1.21 right behind Waverly at #14 at 1.22. Enough said!!!

[Edited by pantherman on 9-30-02 12:14P]

:):x:(:(;)

How about an unbiased opinion from a guy that follows all the teams in the region?

Waverly (4-1) seems to be pretty one dimensional as they are a strictly power running team. But they do what they do well. Their back is a tough one, in a region loaded with talented backs.. he rates right up there with them. Their defense is talented and scrappy. Their loss was to a pretty decent 3-A Montgomery Central (3-2) who stayed within 12 points of a powerful Marshall County team.

But, every team that Lewis County faces which relys on their running game is gonna throw the football all over the field until Lewis County proves they can come close to defending a pass, Waverly included. Lewis County is making very, very average quarterbacks look like Marino.

Lewis County (5-1) runs the football very well, as always. One misconception is that to beat them, all you have to do is stop the fullback. Their quarterback is a speed burner and I believe he already has two games where he had over 100 yards rushing. They claim their passing game is potent but I haven't seen it in the two games I watched them play as they never threw over 4-5 times either game.

Their defense...whew! They stop the run, if they ever stop the pass, they'll be better than years before because their offense looks unbeatable with more weapons that ever.

With this all said, I look for classic game this week. They are pretty evenly matched and I'll say Lewis County will win, just because they are at home, if it were at Waverly, I would go with them.

Lewis County 17

Waverly 16

I have to agree with the expert on this one. I had the opportunity to watch the panthers play Lawrence Co. last week. First of all, why didn't Sharp start the game. Second, I was very disappointed with the panthers. I believe this will be another year to were they win 8 games and lose in the first round of the playoffs. They had the worst attitude I have seen out of a panthers team in a long time.

Let me explain. Lawrence Co. was passing the ball all over Lewis Co. and it seemed like the players didn't even care. I saw NO seniors steping up to lead, and I saw no emotion in their team. I don't know what happened to them, but I hope the attitude changes soon or they will be flushing a talented teams chances down the toilet.

:):):)

Inserito da TheExpert:

Everyone of you selling the Tigers short! Waverly has got an outstanding football team, one that will prove their superiority this week! And all you who are dogging them and saying they won't win another game, I hope you apologize after they pound Lewis County by 34-13!!

LOL WHAT WAS THE SCORE TONITE I THINK U GOT YOURS A LIL BACKWARDS. YEA THE MIGHTY TIGERS GOT THERE TAILS KICKED.