Dobyns-Bennett v. Clinton

hincke2000

Final

DB - 44

Clinton - 14

DB made enough mistakes tonight to cover 6 games. Five fumbles for DB. Twelve flags, including several personal fouls. Still won big so a silver lining there. Take away one big run by Clinton and the Defense completly shut Clinton down. I think they were -2 yrds at the half. The Indians learned that the game doesn't end at halftime if your up by 4 tds. Clinton scored twice in 1:30 to start the second half. DB reserves played great in the forth qtr. Officiating was terible. You know its bad when your coach has to burn a timeout to explain the rules of the game to the refs. On one play Seabolt faked to Sensabaugh, the ref whistled Sensabaugh down and Seabolt was standing in the endzone 20 yrds down field all by himself holding the ball. They called the TD back because of the whistle. Were a good team but still need some work to become a playoff contender.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking win for DB. DB and Clinton fans, what were your impressions of the Dragons?

I still think Clinton has a good team. They just got blindsided tonight. DB just has two many weapons. Seemed like they kept bringing in fresh players in the backfield the whole game. Clintons defense was out of gas midway through the third qtr. When DB's defense ran Clintons QB out of the pocket (which they did almost every play) he got rattled. I think some injuries during the game hurt Clinton also.

Wow anyone see the nice write up in the KPT TIMES today on the D-B Clinton game tonight? ME EITHER....what a complete JOKE this town has for a newspaper. There is a good write up on some kid getting to start for Gate City tonight though all over the front page. WHAT THE CRAP....LAST DOLLAR SPENT ON THIS LOSER PAPER

You think this is bad, have you listened to the WKPT radio scoreboard show on Friday nights? Un-believable!

A couple guys trying to read recaps of the area games and sounding like 1st graders reading in front of the class for the first time. One is obviously Gay and knows nothing about football or even how to spell it. What the heck is going on around here. Theres probably 500 dudes in Kingsport alone that would do this for free and their paying these bozos. Good guadamala.

You think this is bad, have you listened to the WKPT radio scoreboard show on Friday nights? Un-believable!

A couple guys trying to read recaps of the area games and sounding like 1st graders reading in front of the class for the first time. One is obviously Gay and knows nothing about football or even how to spell it. What the heck is going on around here. Theres probably 500 dudes in Kingsport alone that would do this for free and their paying these bozos. Good guadamala.

I tuned into touchdown friday night with kenny hawkins and they didnt even show highlights of DB's victory. They didn't even have any DB memorabilia on the show (had several others schools). What the heck? I guess maybe they didnt have any footage with the game at clinton but they showed everyone from JI Burton to Unaka. Does ole Kenny have something against DB?

I tuned into touchdown friday night with kenny hawkins and they didnt even show highlights of DB's victory. They didn't even have any DB memorabilia on the show (had several others schools). What the heck? I guess maybe they didnt have any footage with the game at clinton but they showed everyone from JI Burton to Unaka. Does ole Kenny have something against DB?

They've always gave DB and most schools in the area pretty equal coverage.

Looks like its back to normal for my dragons.I stayed home and watched my cuz play farragut on tv.I didnt think my dragons had a chance.We have a team like last years about once every 25 years.Living next to Oak Ridge we know how it is to have to deal with a state powerhouse.It must be nice to have a good team almost every year.I just hope it dont get as bad as it did from 2001 to 2008 where we won about 5 games in 7 years.Good luck and stay healthy

Kenny is from Oak Ridge, but I have a feeling that they just didn't want to spend the gas money to send a crew down to Knoxville.

Have you ever Be So Privileged to see so many Flags in one game of football? Uncalled for Totally, Had so many people pissed they started bringing in the chains to hook us all up & march us across the street to the Local Jail. From the looks of it they have been there done that before!!!

What the heck is the Mayor of Clinton doing over on DB's side anyway? I guess you go where you can get attention

Good game Fellas You got WORK to do, Hold on to the Ball, Get Better Monday

Sports Animal & Monster Same Company they could have put someone out to cover

Keep Winning you'll get recognized

Edited by Homey D Man

I promoted Patrick as well :thumb: He was our best lineman last year.This year our best lineman just happens to be 300 pounds and can move a house.That's why Hayworth is getting looks from D1 schools after only the 10th grade.I wouldn't care if I had never met his dad,the truth is the truth.Had Patrick hit the weights,he could have went anywhere in the country.I like the size and strenth of Hall ,I think Cory will play at the next level if he wants to,he has speed and that helps alot.Believe me,I all to well know that a kid can make plays without size. A perfect example was Will Bateman,he was all conference and all-northeast TN. He wasn't 6' and weighed around 200 pounds.There's another promotion by the way.

Oh promoting your friends kids is nothing new this year for you Batman. It's one of your normal things that you do on here. Hayworth is good and has great potential but the reason he is being looked at at this point is advertisement along with his size. He has went to several camps and is doing what he has to do to get noticed. He has the size, strength but not the agility or speed and he has been told that by these D1 schools. Of course he has another year to grow and that's great for him. As far as Hall, he is athletic, strong, agile and fast, this is a complete package. He is not as big as Hayworth but he can handle Hayworth and other his size. I guess it's a matter of opinion but i can see who is busting the holes wide open and who blocks his man and goes on to take care of two or three more. You will always see him blocking down field and he has the speed to keep up with his backs. For some reason Hall has not been advertised like he should and that is the key no matter how good you are. You have to get your name out there. In no way do I think Hayworth is a better lineman than Hall. Skill is Skill. He maybe big but he is not the total package like Hall is at this point. Batman maybe you should be a agent, you would be the go to man for your friends :roflolk: .

The rest of the line does great to. it's the smaller side but they handle their own. Another one thats really impresses me for his size and position is Michael Meece. For A 220 Center, he does a great job.