Dobyns-Bennett v. Clinton

hincke2000

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have one that will go 300 pounds and it's a strong 300 pounder.After that we have about three or four that I would put in the 245 to 265 range,give or take.Then we start dropping.The defense allways plays small and fast,unless we are getting pounded and then we will go to a four man.Big or small,the depth just hasn't been there for a good while,and I'm talking players that can get the job done.I think we have more speed than we have had in several years,and that makes a great difference.

I love how you promote your friends kids :rolleyes: . Now strengths is important but it's like this, just because you can pick up a house does not mean you can move it. Also, just because you CAN'T bench 300 does not mean you won't get the job done. Perfect example of this is, Patrick Hansen. He could only bench around 185 (weak) and squat around 225 but, he could whip a 300 pound nose up and down the field. He proved this theory. Being athletic (which include strength) and having agility is the key on the line. Our O-line is doing great and will keep getting better but only one of our lineman truely has all these qualitys.

After hearing what Clark had to say about Clinton this afternoon I hope we bring our A game tomorrow night. I am convinced this Clinton team is better than what they had last year. This is going to be a hard fought contest down to the wire type of game.

Im glad to hear that Clark has some respect for us, but he's probably just telling his players that to get them fired up and ready to play... ;)

DB & OAK RIDGE FANS STICK TOGETHER. We pull for each other, but there is NOBODY we want to beat worse. It is a Great Rivalry!! If I wasn't a DB Indian, I would drive to Oak Ridge on Friday Nights.

Game prediction: DB runs and runs all night long on Clinton. Clinton's Big D Line will be holding their hands on their hips and knees by the 3rd qtr. and the Indians will win going away.

Dobyns-Bennett 35

Clinton 13

Oak Ridge 28

Farragut 7

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

After hearing what Clark had to say about Clinton this afternoon I hope we bring our A game tomorrow night. I am convinced this Clinton team is better than what they had last year. This is going to be a hard fought contest down to the wire type of game.

I'm very concerned about this too. Not sure our players are going in prepared for a war with a good team as much as they are to collect the W they think is a foregone conclusion. And we all know what can happen with that attitude (Karns from a few years back may ring a bell, and this Clinton team has 2-3 times the talent that Karns team did).

DB & OAK RIDGE FANS STICK TOGETHER. We pull for each other, but there is NOBODY we want to beat worse. It is a Great Rivalry!! If I wasn't a DB Indian, I would drive to Oak Ridge on Friday Nights.

Game prediction: DB runs and runs all night long on Clinton. Clinton's Big D Line will be holding their hands on their hips and knees by the 3rd qtr. and the Indians will win going away.

Dobyns-Bennett 35

Clinton 13

Oak Ridge 28

Farragut 7

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

I hate to say it, but i think you are probably right. Our team is young and i dont know for sure how they are going to handle some of the speed and tough players that DB has. Only time will tell.

To all of the DB fans coming down tongiht....PLEASE drive carefully on the way down here and I will be the first one to say WELCOME to the Town of Clinton! :thumb:

I love how you promote your friends kids :rolleyes: . Now strengths is important but it's like this, just because you can pick up a house does not mean you can move it. Also, just because you CAN'T bench 300 does not mean you won't get the job done. Perfect example of this is, Patrick Hansen. He could only bench around 185 (weak) and squat around 225 but, he could whip a 300 pound nose up and down the field. He proved this theory. Being athletic (which include strength) and having agility is the key on the line. Our O-line is doing great and will keep getting better but only one of our lineman truely has all these qualitys.

I promoted Patrick as well :thumb: He was our best lineman last year.This year our best lineman just happens to be 300 pounds and can move a house.That's why Hayworth is getting looks from D1 schools after only the 10th grade.I wouldn't care if I had never met his dad,the truth is the truth.Had Patrick hit the weights,he could have went anywhere in the country.I like the size and strenth of Hall ,I think Cory will play at the next level if he wants to,he has speed and that helps alot.Believe me,I all to well know that a kid can make plays without size. A perfect example was Will Bateman,he was all conference and all-northeast TN. He wasn't 6' and weighed around 200 pounds.There's another promotion by the way.

Edited by BatmanDB