Dobyns-Bennett v. Clinton

hincke2000

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember their sign they carried running on the field last year that said 1-0 and nine to go to be State Champions. Wow, that was bold. How did that turn out? Anyway, Farragut checked off of the redemption list, Clinton your next. Paybacks are heck, ya know? Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do know the game is at Clinton, right?

I was thinking the same thing.I didn't see the sign 91 was talking about but their math was off any way.10-0 doesn't add up to a championship,we all know that.A factor that hurt Clinton was they lost that great running back-linebacker going into the playoffs.That's why I keep talking about depth on our line and watching most of our skill players get up slow the other night only brings back years past.We are in plenty good enough position to have a year like in 01,06,08.Right now we are good enough to win some playoff games as well.Staying healthy and tightening up our passing game on both sides of the ball could make it a special year.If Maryville gets beat next week,the talk will be even louder.That will only show how little people know about Alcoa.We have a lot to work on between now and playoff time if it's going to be a special year.Speaking of special.Special teams play will get you beat against an equal team,and we are just bad right now staying in our lanes on kickoffs and blocking on punts.A team that throws it around might give us some problems as well.We had people behind us two times the other night and some more blown coverages.Does anyone think a great coach will not try to expose that ? These are things we can fix with time and players learning their new positions.I don't think many of our regular season foes have the athletes or coaches to beat us on most nights,but that's not where we want to stop this year.Most Clinton fans have been good to us and respectful of DB when we played last year and when they won as well.I hope most of us act like the team that has won more games than anyone,and leave the circus act at home,and that's coming from a guy who is BATMANDB.I'm slowing the Bat-mobil down now and will check in but not as much.It was great to meet some of our fans last night and let's Roll Tribe

Edited by BatmanDB

I don't know much about Clinton other than one of their players (Camion Patrick) used to live in Kingsport. I know it was only a scrimmage (first one I think), but I DB looked pretty good agains Halls. That being said I am sure Halls had gotten better since then, and I'm going to say 35-14 Good Guys. Roll Tribe.