Dobyns-Bennett v. Clinton

hincke2000

I would suggest: 81s to 40e. Jump on 75n in Knoxville (sign says Lexington). Get off at the Norris/Clinton exit (exit 122 or 121, can't remember). Turn left on Hwy 61 (Charles G Seivers Blvd). I would suggest eating there (Harrisons, it will be on your right behind the Exxon station. Take Seivers Bld into Clinton. Turn right onto Main St (Fox Chevrolet will be on right). I would suggest parking there behind Walgreens/Burger King. You can see the lights from there, just walk down the hill (very short walk).

As for the game, Clinton looked ok Friday. As for the obvious, they have to limit the turnovers to have a chance at beating a team like DB. The lack of ability to throw the ball down the field really limits us offensivly. I do like the little WR screens we were running. Also, 18 at running back seemed to be effective. Would like to see 3 have more touches. We did show some heart overcoming the turnovers. Also, didn't see any of the silly personal fouls from last year.

The D looked ok. Halls only scored when we gave them great field position with a turnover, they never really sustained a lengthy drive. They're wing t offense was pretty one dimensional. I am worried about slowing down Sensabaugh. It sounds like you guys have a pretty good QB also. Spread the field and give it CS and you should be ok.

DB 38 Clinton 26

The #18 you are talking about is Camion Patrick (sophomore). He is going to be even better as he matures. He is usually #6, but was wearing the jersey of our qb that was injured and out for the season.

Edited by 92Dragon

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the good info.

Harrisons is a great place to eat. If you get to the stadium early enough, parking wont be an issue....but if you show up late, it might be hard to find a place. I always park behind the away side of the stadium ( it costs $5, but is well worth it). They are toying with the idea of having a 8 o'clock kickoff again this week, but i dont think it will be hot enough to have to do that.

DB had an impressive win against Farragut on Thursday. I look for them to win impressively again this week. Clinton will have to control their turnovers if they want to stay in the the game.

I wouldn't expect Clinton to have a turnover problem again Friday night. I think the game will be close. Clinton has a good team again this year.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Check with your high school tomorrow DB2010, they might have a pep bus coming down you can catch a ride on. We had one last year when we came up there.

Not running a bus,I guess ill hear it on the radio,Never been up that far,dont want to drive it.Dont know much about up that way.Good luck,im sure both teams will be ready to play.{{{{{ROLL TRIBE}}}} :thumb:

Two things have to happen for Clinton to stay in this game. They have to win the battle up front on defense, and the secondary has to be athletic and hard nose. If the secondary can come up and get a couple good licks on CS he will slow his role and thus changing DBs game plan. But you better hit him LOW!!