Dobyns-Bennett v. Clinton

hincke2000

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 2010. DB has done a better job the last couple of years of playing teams from outside of upper east tenn. I know that DB has played Oak Ridge over the years, but i dont think just playing one good team is going to get your team ready for the playoffs. If DB wants to make it to a state championship game, they are going to have to continue to play much better competition durning the regular season. Well, that's just my opinion anyway.

Farragut, good team.....Clinton, good team.......Sevier Co., good team. Our conference is very week in the bottom half. Nothing we can do about it. Hopfully TSSAA will rework things and put us with more of the Knoxville teams.

I agree 2010. DB has done a better job the last couple of years of playing teams from outside of upper east tenn. I know that DB has played Oak Ridge over the years, but i dont think just playing one good team is going to get your team ready for the playoffs. If DB wants to make it to a state championship game, they are going to have to continue to play much better competition durning the regular season. Well, that's just my opinion anyway.

I AGREE 100% :thumb:

92 I know what you mean,nothing agaist Northeast Tennessee,but theres a big drop off after D-B.Other than south here the last couple yrs,theres nobody stepping up to play more teams going west on 81{HALF OF southes HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS}.i think if some of these teams would step up there OPP. it would make them better,And making the local gms better.D-B has to go an hour sometimes more just to get to play a top notch team.And then they play these weaker teams around here the rest of the season,and dont get much of a challege most of the time,and then play a playoff team from up that way and and gets beat.

92Dragon DB hasn’t been as dominant as they would like people to think. Sure… they are crowned the STATES WINNINGEST FOOTBALL PROGRAM… but when you ask them how many times they’ve even played in a State Championship game, that title becomes laughable. Heck… there first playoff appearance was in 1938 for Christ sake. We have schools up here named in memory of Daniel Boone and David Crocket… but truth be told, they both probably played there high school football for DB. I’m still a fan of my alumni Tennessee High. I’ve pulled up a couple of head to head FACTS for you. DB has ALWAYS been a larger school (and I don’t think anyone will argue that except maybe Shawn Hannity… I mean… DB2010 or IM4DB or WACOJACO or whatever he’s calling himself today) and has been in a higher classification for many of these games. Not an excuse just a FACT. Tennessee High has been Conference Champion or runner up for OVER 10 years straight. One may perceive that to be a “successful programâ€. No other school in this region (not even the mighty DB) can make that claim. None of the other schools in this area outside of DB have to come on coacht and shout “WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS†every time they have a little success to validate their legitimacy, and that is part of the problem most have with DB… but the record books don’t lie. You decide for yourself how “dominant" DB REALY is and if the success ratio is really that lopsided.

In the 31 games THS and DB have played since 1969 DB has won 19 and THS 12.

These are the Carrier Playoff Records:

DB = 49 games with a 23 – 26 record.

THS = 35 games with a 18 – 17 record.

South = 31 games with a 12-19 record.

By the way… MOST of these so called “haters†that are referred too don’t really hate Dobyns Bennett as a school or program… they hate the arrogant demeanor of some of it’s most vocal fans like DB2010 or IM4DB or WACOJACO or whatever he’s calling himself right now. If you don’t understand or need evidence of what I’m talkin about… tune in to these boards after the game Friday. ;)

News flash… these teams that DB plays that are “outside of upper east tenn†have been in their conference for years. Why??? Because DB and Science Hill are bigger school than any of the other schools in “upper east tenn†therefore they don’t play in our conferences!! :o OMG….. ignorance is bliss!!! :blink: The rest of us NEVER get the chance to meat teams outside “upper east tenn†untill it’s playoff time. By then… the only team in the Knoxville area standing year after year after year after year is…. you guessed it…. State Champions Maryville. Need I remind you that neither DB OR Clinton have enjoyed nothing but a good old fashion wood shed meeting from the boys in Blount County! We all know the 42-0 introduction DB had to the Maryville program last year… but Clinton has topped us all with numerous 30+ losses ranging from two back to back losses of 7-55 in 02’ and 01’, to your most competitive game in 08’ 16-38. I'm just sayin...

Edited by Cap1

Anyone ever wonder why Crap1 can't stay off the D-B thread? :?: ...board at work? or just nothin happening on the lonely THS thread?

Kinda stinks doesn’t it. Just when you think you’ve got everybody snowed over… he comes on here with some FACTS. :roflol:

92Dragon DB hasn’t been as dominant as they would like people to think. Sure… they are crowned the STATES WINNINGEST FOOTBALL PROGRAM… but when you ask them how many times they’ve even played in a State Championship game, that title becomes laughable. Heck… there first playoff appearance was in 1938 for Christ sake. We have schools up here named in memory of Daniel Boone and David Crocket… but truth be told, they both probably played there high school football for DB. I’m still a fan of my alumni Tennessee High. I’ve pulled up a couple of head to head FACTS for you. DB has ALWAYS been a larger school (and I don’t think anyone will argue that except maybe Shawn Hannity… I mean… DB2010 or IM4DB or WACOJACO or whatever he’s calling himself today) and has been in a higher classification for many of these games. Not an excuse just a FACT. Tennessee High has been Conference Champion or runner up for OVER 10 years straight. One may perceive that to be a “successful programâ€. No other school in this region (not even the mighty DB) can make that claim. None of the other schools in this area outside of DB have to come on coacht and shout “WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS†every time they have a little success to validate their legitimacy, and that is part of the problem most have with DB… but the record books don’t lie. You decide for yourself how “dominant" DB REALY is and if the success ratio is really that lopsided.

In the 31 games THS and DB have played since 1969 DB has won 19 and THS 12.

These are the Carrier Playoff Records:

DB = 49 games with a 23 – 26 record.

THS = 35 games with a 18 – 17 record.

South = 31 games with a 12-19 record.

By the way… MOST of these so called “haters†that are referred too don’t really hate Dobyns Bennett as a school or program… they hate the arrogant demeanor of some of it’s most vocal fans like DB2010 or IM4DB or WACOJACO or whatever he’s calling himself right now. If you don’t understand or need evidence of what I’m talkin about… tune in to these boards after the game Friday. ;)

I think your in love with me ;)

HEY 92 ,see what im talking about.LOL :roflol: ,CAP left out the teams his team has been playing the last 10yrs,Look up Mountain Lakes,Ill help you Sullivan EAST,SOUTH,CENTRAL and at one time NORTH,JOHNSON COUNTY,UNICOI COUNTY,ELIZABETHTON{THE YRS THEY WERE DOWN}and DANIEL BOONE.Then there NON-Conf. was VIRGINIA HIGH,CHEROKEE,SCIENCE HILL{AND THEYVE BEEN DOWN}VOLUNTEER.Ill give them some credit they have added GREENEVILLE,Heck D-B hopes on a Bus and rides an hour or two,heck SCIENCE HILL rode 3 last week.South went to KNOX WEST,Even JOHNSON COUNTY has played up that way{CAK}and this yr KNOX GRACE.So you telling me the mighty Vikes cant hope on a bus.Yall done beat EAST enough,so step it up.VIRGINIA HIGH come on.And you want to put the post-season records on here,Look at who your wins are vs,yall played in a weak ML conf. so you were up at the top so you got alot of 1st and 2nd round home games,vs middle of the pack teams in other Conf. But when you had to go up to MORRISTOWN around KNOXVILLE youd get beat.You always go back to that D-B is a bigger school CRAP,Theres only 11 playing at a time on O AND D you might have a couple come in and out,So why do yall keep playing EAST and VIRGINIA HIGH there smaller.To scared to play somebody that will have a chance to beat you,THATS WHY.The record looks alot better with alot of easy wins dont it?You even had the top spot in the state last yr,and lost at home to a team you beat up.Can you say CHOKE!!! :roflol: South had to do what yall couldnt.It dont matter what you say,you'll come back with something you think sounds good but makes you look more DUMB!Good luck vs EAST,GOT TO GET THAT RECORD LOOKING GOOD!LOL