Dobyns-Bennett v. Clinton

hincke2000

I don't think any "real" DB fans are predicting a big win Dragon. We lost to you guys last year. You have a very good team again this year. You just beat Halls even though your team had 6 turnovers. Take away just half those turnovers and you beat halls by three touchdowns. It will be a hard fought game and will probably go down to the wire.

By the way, wasn't it you way back in the offseason that was boasting about how bad Clinton was going to put it on DB this year?

No, i think that was dragon123 or 123dragon or something like that. But he always says stuff like that....you should read what he posts on the Clinton/Anderson Co. boards...lol.

Before the season, i was thinking that we were going to be lucky to win 5 or 6 games this year. We lost 23 seniors off of last years team and i still think we were lucky to beat Halls with all those turnovers.

If you are coming to the game friday night, i hope you have a safe trip down. We are excited about you guys coming down and playing us. I have the upmost respect for you guys and wish you the best of luck this season, except this week of course...lol.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I saw the Farragut Clinton scrimmage a few weeks ago. Farragut handled you guys pretty good and DB just beat Farragut 28-7 and you guys lost your starting QB for the year. I know you have to play the game and anybody can win if you over look them.

By the way do you know anything on the freshman player that got hurt and had to take him by ambulance is he alright that is one thing I don't like to see with any team.

I saw the ambulance at the scrimmage, but i didnt know what happened. I will try to find out.

No, i think that was dragon123 or 123dragon or something like that. But he always says stuff like that....you should read what he posts on the Clinton/Anderson Co. boards...lol.

Before the season, i was thinking that we were going to be lucky to win 5 or 6 games this year. We lost 23 seniors off of last years team and i still think we were lucky to beat Halls with all those turnovers.

If you are coming to the game friday night, i hope you have a safe trip down. We are excited about you guys coming down and playing us. I have the upmost respect for you guys and wish you the best of luck this season, except this week of course...lol.

What's the best route for us to take to the game and do you recommend any good places to eat?

One thing I learned along time ago. Never, NEVER, count a scrimmage as anything other than what it is, a scrimmage.

WaCoJaCo I would agree with you on this in the spring but how Farragut goes there scrimmages in the fall is just like a game on friday night with kickoff at the start even after each TD, punts there is all contact but the referee will blow the whistle right before the kicking teams gets to the ballcarer(doesn't always work). Even with a game clock acting just like a game on friday night. So yes if you play Farragut in a scrimmage in the fall it is just like a game. I did like that because it does get the kids ready to play of friday nights.

Edited by allvolfan1

What's the best route for us to take to the game and do you recommend any good places to eat?

I would suggest: 81s to 40e. Jump on 75n in Knoxville (sign says Lexington). Get off at the Norris/Clinton exit (exit 122 or 121, can't remember). Turn left on Hwy 61 (Charles G Seivers Blvd). I would suggest eating there (Harrisons, it will be on your right behind the Exxon station. Take Seivers Bld into Clinton. Turn right onto Main St (Fox Chevrolet will be on right). I would suggest parking there behind Walgreens/Burger King. You can see the lights from there, just walk down the hill (very short walk).

As for the game, Clinton looked ok Friday. As for the obvious, they have to limit the turnovers to have a chance at beating a team like DB. The lack of ability to throw the ball down the field really limits us offensivly. I do like the little WR screens we were running. Also, 18 at running back seemed to be effective. Would like to see 3 have more touches. We did show some heart overcoming the turnovers. Also, didn't see any of the silly personal fouls from last year.

The D looked ok. Halls only scored when we gave them great field position with a turnover, they never really sustained a lengthy drive. They're wing t offense was pretty one dimensional. I am worried about slowing down Sensabaugh. It sounds like you guys have a pretty good QB also. Spread the field and give it CS and you should be ok.

DB 38 Clinton 26

I don't know much about Clinton other than one of their players (Camion Patrick) used to live in Kingsport. I know it was only a scrimmage (first one I think), but I DB looked pretty good agains Halls. That being said I am sure Halls had gotten better since then, and I'm going to say 35-14 Good Guys. Roll Tribe.

Patrick & Swaford played together for the JV Lynn Garden Lynx in 05 They wore #1 & #2 and they along with the QB & FB amassed a 10 /0 record and over 2400 yards of O, Sarge would be proud to see them both on the field together again. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH YOUNG MEN and their teams PLAY SAFE

Why is Derrick not returning kicks? Why cant we field a punt? We act like we are so scared we don't even want to send a returner deep. Please explain to me the deel. Because i just don't get it. If anyone on hear has a civil relationship with the coaching staff, please ask those questions. This is an important part of the game and we have some players who could break one for a score. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!

I don't think the Indians have fielded and returned 10 Punts in the past 5 season combined. It has been a mystery to me as well. Steele or Swafford should be back there or both, and they would be a threat to break it at any time. IMO G-Man has made up his mind that a fumbled punt is not an option... so we hardly ever even catch on.

Big game this week. The Indians need to prove to District 3, just like they did to District 4... THAT THE BEAST OF THE EAST IS BACK.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

I don't think the Indians have fielded and returned 10 Punts in the past 5 season combined. It has been a mystery to me as well. Steele or Swafford should be back there or both, and they would be a threat to break it at any time. IMO G-Man has made up his mind that a fumbled punt is not an option... so we hardly ever even catch on.

Big game this week. The Indians need to prove to District 3, just like they did to District 4... THAT THE BEAST OF THE EAST IS BACK.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

"THE BEAST OF THE EAST IS BACK"... OMG "One and Done" that was funny!!! :roflol:

"THE BEAST OF THE EAST IS BACK"... OMG "One and Done" that was funny!!! :roflol:

Just wait and see. Clark remembers last years game. Cant wait to see the Vikings again this year. Don't worry, your on the redemption list to. I can imagine this game being ugly by halftime. Your Vikings are going to find out what The Beast Of The East looks like again. You can rest assure. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest: 81s to 40e. Jump on 75n in Knoxville (sign says Lexington). Get off at the Norris/Clinton exit (exit 122 or 121, can't remember). Turn left on Hwy 61 (Charles G Seivers Blvd). I would suggest eating there (Harrisons, it will be on your right behind the Exxon station. Take Seivers Bld into Clinton. Turn right onto Main St (Fox Chevrolet will be on right). I would suggest parking there behind Walgreens/Burger King. You can see the lights from there, just walk down the hill (very short walk).

As for the game, Clinton looked ok Friday. As for the obvious, they have to limit the turnovers to have a chance at beating a team like DB. The lack of ability to throw the ball down the field really limits us offensivly. I do like the little WR screens we were running. Also, 18 at running back seemed to be effective. Would like to see 3 have more touches. We did show some heart overcoming the turnovers. Also, didn't see any of the silly personal fouls from last year.

The D looked ok. Halls only scored when we gave them great field position with a turnover, they never really sustained a lengthy drive. They're wing t offense was pretty one dimensional. I am worried about slowing down Sensabaugh. It sounds like you guys have a pretty good QB also. Spread the field and give it CS and you should be ok.

DB 38 Clinton 26

Thanks for the good info.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

We are limiting the number of chances to score or put ouselves in better situations. In football, you can't be affraid to perform any aspect of the game. Just put one of the playmakers back their and catch the dang football. Pick a man to do it, and make him catch twenty kicks every practice. This has to be done. No excuses. Have to play with confidence and not fear. Fear is for our opponents. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!