East Hamilton vs Signal Mountain

smeagle1

there is an 8th grader on the team...what a joke!

I know the coaches over there at East hamilton. and I know for a fact that there is not an eigth grader on the team at east hamilton and there are also no freshmen playing for them either. Don't underestimate the QB they have now. hard to throw when you are on your back. looked to me like they just need to shore up some blocking by the backs and get the receivers on the same page and they might do some damage in the air. I was at the game and don't know if the hurricanes would have won, however the turnover on the one and the horrible call on the fumble when they were driving it down the eagles throats cost them from keeping it close. After watching the game i will say the eagles will have some playoff success but will not win the state, if they match up with somebody with the same athletes. Their line is not that good. And it looked like you can get pressure on the QB.

I know the coaches over there at East hamilton. and I know for a fact that there is not an eigth grader on the team at east hamilton and there are also no freshmen playing for them either. Don't underestimate the QB they have now. hard to throw when you are on your back. looked to me like they just need to shore up some blocking by the backs and get the receivers on the same page and they might do some damage in the air. I was at the game and don't know if the hurricanes would have won, however the turnover on the one and the horrible call on the fumble when they were driving it down the eagles throats cost them from keeping it close. After watching the game i will say the eagles will have some playoff success but will not win the state, if they match up with somebody with the same athletes. Their line is not that good. And it looked like you can get pressure on the QB.

Good analysis. I think Signal was kindof exposed on defense. 3 EH running backs had almost 200 yards rushing. This is going against a defense that was sending 6-8 people on almost every play. Just look at the first drive of the game. Good kickoff return, 30 yard drive, field goal. That initial drive wasn't a fluke. EH ran it all game; right up the middle. Mistakes, refs, and fatigue played a big part in the game. MANY of the EH players were playing both ways and at least 2 kids were out with injuries. The game could have been a significant amount closer but some of those things are part of the game. Minus the terrible officiating.

I don't think any EH players wish they were at Ooltewah. If they did, I'm sure they could have already found a way to go back there. East Hamilton will win more that 2 games this year as well. East Hamilton has a great coaching staff and has tremendous support from the school and the community. The Brooklyn Dodgers had a saying, " Wait till next year" and I would say that right now but I think THIS YEAR will be a great success for this team. EH has come very, very far from where they were this time last year.

Good analysis. I think Signal was kindof exposed on defense. 3 EH running backs had almost 200 yards rushing. This is going against a defense that was sending 6-8 people on almost every play. Just look at the first drive of the game. Good kickoff return, 30 yard drive, field goal. That initial drive wasn't a fluke. EH ran it all game; right up the middle. Mistakes, refs, and fatigue played a big part in the game. MANY of the EH players were playing both ways and at least 2 kids were out with injuries. The game could have been a significant amount closer but some of those things are part of the game. Minus the terrible officiating.

Wow, I like this exposure. EH had 172 yards of total offense 160 rushing and 12 passing and 41 yards were on the opening drive of the game and 50 yards came on their last drive which was the EH starters against our 2nd and 3rd string. So on all other drives they got a whopping 81 yards..lol The EH offense scored 3 points on the opening drive hitting a 39 yard field goal. Wouldn’t every team like to have this exposure?

Oh it might be worth mentioning SM had 450 yards total offense 226 rushing and 224 passing and put it in the end zone 7 times. Plus our starters didn’t play the 4th quarter. Sad thing is it wasn’t our best performance but we clearly didn’t need our best performance to dominate this game.

Quit crying about the Refs they made good and bad calls both ways and had no impact on the outcome of the game. The fumble you EH guys are crying about can be seen on the Timesfreepress video clip. It was clearly a fumble here is the link. My link

I don't think any EH players wish they were at Ooltewah. If they did, I'm sure they could have already found a way to go back there. East Hamilton will win more that 2 games this year as well. East Hamilton has a great coaching staff and has tremendous support from the school and the community. The Brooklyn Dodgers had a saying, " Wait till next year" and I would say that right now but I think THIS YEAR will be a great success for this team. EH has come very, very far from where they were this time last year.

"Next year" might be rough too, with 1,030 students in 9-12 there's a chance they will be AAA/5A football and playing Ooltewah, McMinn County and Soddy-Daisy.

Wow, I like this exposure. EH had 172 yards of total offense 160 rushing and 12 passing and 41 yards were on the opening drive of the game and 50 yards came on their last drive which was the EH starters against our 2nd and 3rd string. So on all other drives they got a whopping 81 yards..lol The EH offense scored 3 points on the opening drive hitting a 39 yard field goal. Wouldn’t every team like to have this exposure?

Oh it might be worth mentioning SM had 450 yards total offense 226 rushing and 224 passing and put it in the end zone 7 times. Plus our starters didn’t play the 4th quarter. Sad thing is it wasn’t our best performance but we clearly didn’t need our best performance to dominate this game.

Quit crying about the Refs they made good and bad calls both ways and had no impact on the outcome of the game. The fumble you EH guys are crying about can be seen on the Timesfreepress video clip. It was clearly a fumble here is the link. My link

Actually, if you add up each backs yarding, it was 196 yards rushing. The 160 comes from the subtraction of sack yardage. And you are wrong about the EH starters playing against your second and third string. Many 2nd teamers and a 3rd team running back were running in the 3rd and 4th quarter. I think giving up 200 yards to an apparent "cupcake" is getting "exposed". Your own coach said that SM gave up some yards. SM will get "exposed" again against a good rushing team. And your argument about the first drive of the game doesn't make sense. Wasn't that against your 1st team defense?

I know it was a fumble. BUT if you watch the film, AN EH PLAYER RECOVERED THE FUMBLE and WAS IN POSSESSION OF THE BALL THE WHOLE TIME :excl: . But refs are a part of the game too. It's just hard to jusify the call when none of the refs actually saw the ball.

Signal played well enough to win. EH didn't.

Hey old Tiger 83 (a.k.a. T Gatewood)

quit playn vulgar rap music during warmups....quit tryn to be like Farragut :unsure: