Alcoa 64 Middlesboro 0?

OmahaVol

We had some great games back then too , didn't we alcoafan72 ! People outside of Blount county have no idea how big this game has been , even before we were born ! Maryville and Alcoa would not be what they are today without each other . The 2 schools keep pushing each other to higher and higher levels of play .

The OR-Central match up back in my day was nothing to sneeze at. We had a couple of D1 players going head to head.. I am here to tell you that baseall is not the only sport Todd Helton can play well.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OR-Central match up back in my day was nothing to sneeze at. We had a couple of D1 players going head to head.. I am here to tell you that baseall is not the only sport Todd Helton can play well.

I was at that game When Todd Helton went against Shawn Summers (sp?) and It's in the top 3 as far as best High School games I've ever seen .... right there with this year's Maryville / Alcoa game . I believe that was 1991 wasn't it ?

I was at that game When Todd Helton went against Shawn Summers (sp?) and It's in the top 3 as far as best High School games I've ever seen .... right there with this year's Maryville / Alcoa game . I believe that was 1991 wasn't it ?

You are correct. I was there as well. You may have seen me. It was a great game. It ranks up there with the best.

Correct Pepvol. I'll never forget that game. "Todd Helton, meet Shawn Summers...." Now that was a hit! That is my number one HS game of all time. This recent Alcoa / Maryville game would probably have to be my number 2.

Wrong again RRR........GP and DL are DI schools! :roflol:

Against the NOW DII schools Alcoa has NOT been beat in 21 years! wave.gifparty.gif

Not to nitpick, but your original quote was "beat all private schools and DII schools". Obviously incorrect, as Goodpasture and Lipscomb are private schools, now playing in DI. But I'm sure you know that. Not the biggest football fan, but Alcoa will always be the best 3A team in Tennessee, nothing more. And nothing to be ashamed of.

Not to nitpick, but your original quote was "beat all private schools and DII schools". Obviously incorrect, as Goodpasture and Lipscomb are private schools, now playing in DI. But I'm sure you know that. Not the biggest football fan, but Alcoa will always be the best 3A team in Tennessee, nothing more. And nothing to be ashamed of.

I simply worded it that way because there was not two classifications 21 years ago. Back then, there was Private schools and Public schools. Then the split to DI and DII.

I guess I could have worded it schools that are NOW DII schools?! BUT I like Alcoa record against NOW DII schools!! :thumb:

I simply worded it that way because there was not two classifications 21 years ago. Back then, there was Private schools and Public schools. Then the split to DI and DII.

I guess I could have worded it schools that are NOW DII schools?! BUT I like Alcoa record against NOW DII schools!! :thumb: