CAK at Seymour

JuniorsDad

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope no twos in this game.It was a very competitive game up until the 4th quarter.Neither team did great on defense with all three of seymours touchdowns coming on long drives,and caks on big plays.

Congrats to CAK for the "W", but kudos to Seymour for being so scrappy. I thought Seymours QB was much improved from last year and the inside quick hitters were effective most of the night. The Warriors are better than they showed, we've still got some work to do. Appeared to be a "clean" game all the way through. Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way. :thumb:

Nope no twos in this game.It was a very competitive game up until the 4th quarter.Neither team did great on defense with all three of seymours touchdowns coming on long drives,and caks on big plays.

The first 2 touchdowns were scored against CAK's ones while the final TD was scored on 1/2 ones and half twos.

Seymour's offense did surprisingly well. It looked much improved IMO from last year. On the other side however, CAK moved the ball at will. Seymour was not comfortable at all against the pass. I only remember one play where CAK went deep and Seymour defended it well. The Warrior receivers also did an outstanding job of picking up YAC (yards after the catch.)

While there have been some outstanding individual performances in the first two games, the unit that has been the most impressive IMO as a whole is the Warrior receiving core. Very few dropped balls, great routes, and very productive. I've also seen some excellent blocks downfield by the receivers. #25 had a great block at the goal line last night. I also have been very impressed with the CAK sophomore kicker. Unbelievable progress since he started kicking last year.

I would like to see #17 get a few carries. He looked very quick and hit the hole hard in preseason. I would also like to see #45 get a little more time at LB particularly against run oriented teams.

I agree with FBD, the CAK defense is better than they showed last night. The middle of our front 8 should be a strength of this team. Still a lot of work to do for this team to live up to their potential. All in all though, CAK is 2-0 and showed improvement from week one to week 2. Keep up the good work Warriors! :thumb:

I have a couple of things maybe someone can help out with, I have watched the last 2 games and all in all the Warriors looked pretty good, just early season jitters I hope, but a couple of things have puzzled me, I don't know these players I have just been a fan of CAK since I can remember but I have noticed that there seems to be about 5 different people on the D front line, I have seen them in different combos etc. but I think the best 4 I have seen together is and I don't know there names but heres the numbers 67 at end 75 at tackle 71 at tackle and 78 at end, they seem to do a good job also 39 does a good job, does anyone else see this or anything different, also does 75 or 71 play offense they are big guys and I would think they could be very good guards or tackles, I also saw 71 snap extra pts. is he a center to? Go Warriors good luck with Stone Memorial.

Glad to hear of the offense's success. How many turnovers did CAK have? I'm impressed at the depth of the receiving core this year! There are really 7 players that I can think of that are all capable of putting up solid numbers on the offense receiving. However, speed is not as fast as last year offensively and defensively so it will be interesting to see how they compete against louden and alcoa but i don't see speed being too big of a problem because they have all the skill in the world to make up for it.

I have a couple of things maybe someone can help out with, I have watched the last 2 games and all in all the Warriors looked pretty good, just early season jitters I hope, but a couple of things have puzzled me, I don't know these players I have just been a fan of CAK since I can remember but I have noticed that there seems to be about 5 different people on the D front line, I have seen them in different combos etc. but I think the best 4 I have seen together is and I don't know there names but heres the numbers 67 at end 75 at tackle 71 at tackle and 78 at end, they seem to do a good job also 39 does a good job, does anyone else see this or anything different, also does 75 or 71 play offense they are big guys and I would think they could be very good guards or tackles, I also saw 71 snap extra pts. is he a center to? Go Warriors good luck with Stone Memorial.

CAK defends with a 4-4 alignment (4 DL, 4 LB). They will rotate the 5 players you mentioned. I believe they all are productive and I haven't noticed one rotation being substantially stronger than another, but that may be the case & I just haven't noticed it. #75 could play OL if needed, lastnight I saw him come in at TE on the goal line. #71 can play center and does snap for extra points. #22 is used for long snaps because he is a good coverage guy on punts. CAK has 3 centers who could play if needed. #52 plays center in some rotations to give #67 a breather which allows him to play more snaps on D.

Glad to hear of the offense's success. How many turnovers did CAK have? I'm impressed at the depth of the receiving core this year! There are really 7 players that I can think of that are all capable of putting up solid numbers on the offense receiving. However, speed is not as fast as last year offensively and defensively so it will be interesting to see how they compete against louden and alcoa but i don't see speed being too big of a problem because they have all the skill in the world to make up for it.

CAK had 2 turnovers. 1 turnover was at the 1'line going into score, RB stuck the ball out to cross the goal and it appeared to get knocked loose by a knee. One scoring opportunity blown. Second turnover was an interception somewhere in the neighborhood of Seymours 35 yard line. QB scrambled, appeared to be running the ball and pulled up just at the LOS and lofted a jump pass that was batted by one Seymour defender and intercepted by another. Another scoring threat killed. The CAK receivers are excellent route runners and have great hands. We did drop one beautiful deep ball that would have been about a 70 yard TD, but that was about the only miss by our receievers. Another great catch by #27 in the back corner of the end zone was ruled out of bounds, but tape clearly shows he had both feet in, great effort by the player, but he got the TD a play later on another route.

The loss of speedsters like #23(Walker) & #15(Burton) from last years squad is hard to replace, but #25 and #5 on offense are both very fast and quick. #25 and #27 ran past the Seymour DB's all night and #16 continues to impress! Offensively, CAK could have easily put up bigger numbers if given more touches, but the defense couldn't seem to get Seymours offense off the field in less than 8-10 plays. While the play of the defense significantly helped in propelling the Warriors to a super season last year, they have yet to live up to that level this year. They are capable, they are delivering some punishing hits, and they have been put in some bad positions from offensive turnovers, but they must improve their inconsistant play and quit allowing teams to convert 3rd & 4th downs and get off the field.

CAK defends with a 4-4 alignment (4 DL, 4 LB). They will rotate the 5 players you mentioned. I believe they all are productive and I haven't noticed one rotation being substantially stronger than another, but that may be the case & I just haven't noticed it. #75 could play OL if needed, lastnight I saw him come in at TE on the goal line. #71 can play center and does snap for extra points. #22 is used for long snaps because he is a good coverage guy on punts. CAK has 3 centers who could play if needed. #52 plays center in some rotations to give #67 a breather which allows him to play more snaps on D.

Thanks Footballdad, that helps, I think you are right those ones I mentioned are all productive, and that front is big and they will only get better. Go Warriors

Cak offense looks good... Cak defense looks not so good.. Yeah their a good team.. But unfortunetly they have to play alcoa.. And alcoa will smash them once again and even worse this year

I have to say that saying the cak d is not so good is totally off base yes it looks like they bend but look at the Grace game the 1's allowed 7 points and against Seymour the 1's allowed 13 points, to me thats pretty good you are right they do play Alcoa but that game is the last one of the year and if you think that this d won't get better then you don't know Coach Bradley. This was the second game of the season and these guys will get better, if your keeping score over 2 games the CAK offense is averaging 31 points while the Defense is giving up 13 points. You can win alot of games like that. Go Warriors

I have to say that saying the cak d is not so good is totally off base yes it looks like they bend but look at the Grace game the 1's allowed 7 points and against Seymour the 1's allowed 13 points, to me thats pretty good you are right they do play Alcoa but that game is the last one of the year and if you think that this d won't get better then you don't know Coach Bradley. This was the second game of the season and these guys will get better, if your keeping score over 2 games the CAK offense is averaging 31 points while the Defense is giving up 13 points. You can win alot of games like that. Go Warriors

Epperly is quite a QB. His receivers run very good routes and have tremendous hands. Thier O-Line is solid and with the QB getting the ball so quick, it is hard to get pressure on the QB.