Cowbell Game (Giles vs. Lawerence)

gcbobcat

so the bobcats are coming off a big win and the wildcats off a disappointing loss. giles has won it 4yrs in a row,but has lost a lot of talent. l-burg is supposed to be a heavy hitter this year. will this be the 5th in a row for giles or will Lawerenceburg finally take the cowbell away?

giles did get a big win. lburg's 21-11 loss to columbia is not too bad. columbia always has superior talent. they put it on us just a few years ago.

lburg might have more speed and athletism than giles this year! they have a real good player whos name i cant remember right now.. trent garland maybe. he picked off wallace twice last year. he is a great all around athlete as he stars at football and basketball too. there are also a couple players that have gone to gchs before: montrell prince and dj mason. they are both talented athletes. i say lburg will not be out athleted this year and if their line is as big as in the past... the wildcats could get the cowbell back.

be interesting to see how a young giles team responds after a win and how they play on the road.

giles did get a big win. lburg's 21-11 loss to columbia is not too bad. columbia always has superior talent. they put it on us just a few years ago.

lburg might have more speed and athletism than giles this year! they have a real good player whos name i cant remember right now.. trent garland maybe. he picked off wallace twice last year. he is a great all around athlete as he stars at football and basketball too. there are also a couple players that have gone to gchs before: montrell prince and dj mason. they are both talented athletes. i say lburg will not be out athleted this year and if their line is as big as in the past... the wildcats could get the cowbell back.

be interesting to see how a young giles team responds after a win and how they play on the road.

Fortunately, even this young group of guys are use to winning football games. Should be a good game, but dont rely on one guy beating the BOBCATS!! I think DJ is hurt and LCHS has some players with concussion problems, hopefully they are ok. I dont see OC and his staff letting this team overlook anybody. Talk to me dooley.

Concussion problems....... that means the player has to gain release by a phd to return to the field. Most would expect that to be at very least a week plus of zero contact. Not like it used to be.....if they could wake you up they would put you back in :blink:

Coaching will mean a lot in this one. Regardless of what the streak is Giles will be tough to beat in this one.

Fortunately, even this young group of guys are use to winning football games. Should be a good game, but dont rely on one guy beating the BOBCATS!! I think DJ is hurt and LCHS has some players with concussion problems, hopefully they are ok. I dont see OC and his staff letting this team overlook anybody. Talk to me dooley.

I am no Dooley but I will tell you what I saw Friday night. There were several young men standing on the sidelines with only jerseys on. There was somewhere around 5 or 6 that I couldn't tell if anything was wrong with them(maybe concussions) and 1 or 2 with leg problems(casts). I am not sure if they were starters or what. Giles County will probably come to L'burg with lots of confidence, expecially considering the last few years but from what I saw in Columbia the L'burg team is pretty good. Lawrence County had a great game plan early but the turnovers put them in a bad situation. L'burg got dominated by three players from Columia and never made an adjustment to counter. Hopefully they will work this out and come in with another good plan for the Cowbell game. This should be a great game. So far this year it seems as if you hear of the Giles bunch playing great one scrimmage and they playing bad another. Giles will have to bring their "A" game to L'burg to win this one. I will go out on a limb here and say L'burg wins a close one.

Concussion problems....... that means the player has to gain release by a phd to return to the field. Most would expect that to be at very least a week plus of zero contact. Not like it used to be.....if they could wake you up they would put you back in :blink:

Coaching will mean a lot in this one. Regardless of what the streak is Giles will be tough to beat in this one.

Coaching will mean a lot, but line play for the Cats will be key. From what I saw friday our o-line is not as strong as usual. If our line can win the battle in the trenches and we hold on to the ball we will win this one. We can't give them the ball or it could get ugly. I sure don't want to lose that Cowbell, lets get em Cats.

I agree with you 5X. This group went head to head every week with last years bunch. Although they are young intimidation will not be a factor all year. L'burg will be a tough test. Every position will have to stay home this week. Protect your area & we'll be alright. One thing we never have to worry about is OC & his staff taking anyone lightly. I like this bunch. Scrappy they are :thumb: